New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (19/9/2017)
1123887 1123887 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J.T.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

Here you can see
Screenshot_20170927-083726.png
2017-9-26
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

I hooked my Mav up to the computer and downloaded everything just fine. All setting reset, so you have to reactive things like sport mode. Updating on the computer allowed me to recieve the most up to date firmware for the controller and Mavic.

Flew 6 batteries since, and they have been good runs. I tend to loose the app on my phone more often than the last update. However it reconnects just fine.
2017-9-27
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Re-activate........ Can't edit.
2017-9-27
Use props
joeboomer
lvl.1
United States

I'm stuck right now on this screen.  No lights blinking or anything.  Anyone have any ideas?

IMG_0040.PNG
2017-9-27
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Yea download dji assistant 2 on computer and update that way! I would also uninstall that app and reinstall after you are done
2017-9-28
Use props
HecticPancakes
lvl.2
Flight distance : 598156 ft

Australia

Had no probs with this update at all
2017-9-28
Use props
fansa1395e05
lvl.1
Flight distance : 967316 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Crystalsky monitor is on the latest firmware and it didn't have Quickshots mode.  Any idea why?  I can get the quickshots mode on my iPad and it worked fine but not quickshots mode on my crystalsky(
Please let me know what I did wrong.
2017-9-28
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

fansa1395e05 Posted at 2017-9-28 04:26
My Crystalsky monitor is on the latest firmware and it didn't have Quickshots mode.  Any idea why?  I can get the quickshots mode on my iPad and it worked fine but not quickshots mode on my crystalsky(
Please let me know what I did wrong.

You didn nothing wrong... DJI just think it's funny to relase the last version just for iOS devices insteat his Crystalsky nor android devices....
Only things you can do it's just patiently wait....
If you whant tomake a laught from the play store the last version aviable is 4.1.9 and on the official DJI website is only 4.1.8
An example of amazing coordination and services!! But you know drones are not so expensive so...
(At leas you have an iOS device to try out the new function....)

2017-9-28
Use props
J.T.
lvl.4
Italy

Maybe someone from DJI after a week or so could have the kindness to let us (android user / crystalsky user) know what are their plans...
2017-9-28
Use props
TomGuyz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72497 ft
Malaysia

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-9-24 04:48
Tomguyz if u read a few pists back dji go 4  4.1.10 is posted for android. I have been running it for 3 days it works great

gambino, my google play store still no update for the DJI Go 4 4.1.10 .... till today still not getting any ....
2017-9-28
Use props
NickTheG(r)eek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 92185 ft
Greece

yes please at least tell the people when you planing to release Quickshots mode for android users!  We are waiting for this mode so long..
2017-9-28
Use props
Mountaindrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26618251 ft
  • >>>
France

J.T. Posted at 2017-9-28 04:47
You didn nothing wrong... DJI just think it's funny to relase the last version just for iOS devices insteat his Crystalsky nor android devices....
Only things you can do it's just patiently wait....
If you whant tomake a laught from the play store the last version aviable is 4.1.9 and on the official DJI website is only 4.1.8

like you, I am very surprise by this process...

Is it necessary to sell my CS to buy the last apple device ??
2017-9-28
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

dr. D Posted at 2017-9-19 07:04
That is strange,  I put my batteries to my standard charger and it started to charge two batteries simultaneously!
Huh? Is that a new battery-update function?[view_image]

If you plug in a battery while one is already charging (say 25%) and the second battery has a greater charge (say 35%) after a few seconds both batteries will light up and the then the battery with less charge will turn off until the other is done.  Then it will resume charging.
2017-9-28
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
United States

Tomguyz u can find it on apkpure or any site like that it is safe. Md5's are good and has their own keys. Basically what happens is people in other parts of the world get them before us because DJI rolls the app out in stages so they just upload them to those sites .... I have been running this version for quite a while now it's running great
2017-9-28
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
United States

And i know my google play is on 4.1.9 also this is why I sideloaded it days ago
2017-9-28
Use props
dr. D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8699150 ft
Netherlands

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-9-28 11:04
If you plug in a battery while one is already charging (say 25%) and the second battery has a greater charge (say 35%) after a few seconds both batteries will light up and the then the battery with less charge will turn off until the other is done.  Then it will resume charging.

Hi Bill, I know, strange thing was that it last for about 15 minutes. I never saw that earlier.
And now I cannot reproduce it again so I think it was just for once.
2017-9-28
Use props
Soar Tueth
New
United States

NCao Posted at 2017-9-19 14:59
After upgraded to latest firmware date of Sept 19th, 2017 - V01.04.000 to both aircraft and controller.  I got the message on the controller stated "Can not take off" - I tapped this message and it shown Firmware unmatched. Called DJI.  They told me to go back to DJI assistant2 to downgrade back to revision V01,03.00 to both RC and aircraft.  After downgraded.  I still got the messages of Can not take off, Firmware unmatched.   HELP is need here.  PLEASE DONT UPGRADE to latest V01.04.000 - Meanwhile, I need HELP to resolve this issue

I upgraded my FW when I unpacked the set. I didn't think about the spare battery. When I went to the park and needed to swap battery, it told me mismatch FW and to upgrade. The batteries have FW too, it seems. It's a brave new world.

The original post announces DJI GO for Android release is 4.1.9 not .10.
2017-9-29
Use props
Andicot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1137044 ft
Italy

The DNG file work with MacOs Sierra?
2017-9-29
Use props
bernardren07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Hello to everyone who used mavic pro. All of you got tried update firmware latest RC and aircraft? Have any issue? I want to update if i can. My rc current old .550 since bought it without any update FW.
2017-9-30
Use props
Rocky453391
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14140 ft
United States

I did the upgrade, quickshot is not available at all.need help!!
2017-9-30
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
United States

U need the new app also! V4.1.10! If u have android look on apkmirror
2017-9-30
Use props
whydji
New
United States

Just tried it, controller now wont connect to the computer. Nothing happening. This is becoming very boring. Now Aircraft Disconnected displayed on app and I cant fly
2017-9-30
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Lenrage Posted at 2017-9-19 08:26
We need an update for the Crystalsky as well, to take advantage of theses features...........Come on DJI !!!

Since you have a crystal sky, may I ask which one?

Also what is your experience with it, such as bright sunny day is it easy to use and worth the price?

Would you buy it again, or if you only got the 1000 nit versions or would do you wish you bought the 2000 nit version.
2017-10-1
Use props
PaulBirman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374177 ft
Latvia

Good update
2017-10-1
Use props
Bernoullis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4938 ft
United Kingdom

Given many of the troubles I have read about on the forums, both here and elsewhere, when Mavic Pro owners attempt firmware updates, I have remained very wary of doing such updates.  So wary, in fact, that I just haven't bothered!  Other than the initial set-up and registration hassles, my Mavic Pro has so far done what I wanted of it, so I haven't been keen to jeopardise that!

With the recent introduction of the new Quickshot camera modes, I decided that it was about time I faced my fears and updated to firmware V01.04.0000.  The proviso was that I had to thoroughly prepare myself for the update by re-watching a couple of videos about the process, re-reading some of the tips in the forum postings and ensuring that all the batteries (3 for the Mavic and the remote control's integral battery) were absolutely fully charged!  I hope that my experience, told below, proves encouraging for others that are also a bit fearful of carrying out these firmware updates.

This was my starting position:
Mavic Pro firmware: V01.03.0700
Remote control firmware: V01.03.0550
(Although these 2 major items had different firmware versions, there was never any conflict when using them!)
DJI Assistant 2: V1.1.6
(on a Windows 7 laptop)
DJI GO 4 iOS app: V4.1.12
(on an Ipad Pro)
DJI GO 4 Android app: V4.1.9
(on a Samsung 7)

The DJI GO 4 app is, perhaps, a bit too flaky for my liking, and I am certainly more than a bit suspicious to consider using it for a firmware update, so I limited myself to a powerful laptop and DJI Assistant 2.  With the laptop firmly connected to the internet ( a strong, 5-bar wi-fi broadband connection) and DJI Assistant open, I plugged the USB cable in to the remote control and the other end in to the laptop.  I even ensured it was the USB cable actually supplied with my Mavic Pro 'Fly More Combo' package - I did not want to take any chances with using another, third-party cable, ha ha!  Having then turned the remote control on, the appropriate icon quickly showed up in DJI Assistant, so I clicked on it and requested the update.  Cue nervous fidgeting!

In less than 5 minutes the download had occurred and the progress bar had made it's way to 100%, with the software finally declaring a successful update.  Phew, that was easier than I had expected!  Then I moved on to the Mavic Pro itself - similar initial actions and a wait for the progress bar to make it's way across the screen.  Whilst it was doing this the Mavic Pro fan kicked in to life, the lights flashed and the DJI start-up jingle sounded a few times.  The progress bar paused at a few places, but in about 16 to 17 minutes I again had a successful update!  Double phew, as I at least now had the 2 major components on the same firmware version!

Having read on the forums that some firmware updates also require the battery firmware to be updated, I kept the Mavic Pro connected to the laptop, switched it off, changed the battery to a different one, turned it on again and waited to see what DJI Assistant would make of it.  Sure enough, within a few seconds DJI Assistant declared that there was a mismatch between the battery and the Mavic Pro firmware, and asked if I would like to update the battery.  I responded affirmatively and a short process followed, accompanied by the now familiar progress bar and another successful update.  The third battery was subjected to the same regime and all the hardware was now singing from the same hymn sheet - yippee!  Each battery probably took around 2 to 3 minutes to update, during which the centre two of the four green battery LEDs were illuminated - the forward LED of the pair glowing steadily, whilst the rear of the pair flashed quite rapidly.

The entire process had all gone so smoothly that I was beginning to wonder why I had been so fearful of it all!  Nevertheless, I reminded myself that there seem to be many Mavic Pro owners on the forums who have ended up with hung updates, often resulting in a firmware mismatch between the Mavic Pro and the remote control, and a consquent, infuriating inability to fly the craft!  Having personally had such a smooth and successful firmware update, I do wonder if the laptop/DJI Assistant 2 route is probably the better one, compared to using the DJI app.  That is merely my personal opinion and because it worked so well for me I shall continue to stick to it.  Additionally, for newbies like myself, I think it definitely pays to refresh the details of the task, by either reading the appropriate manuals and useful forum posts, or watching DJI's videos plus any of the good videos done by trusted users/reviewers, for example, on Youtube.

We are all prone, in this heavily electronic age, of thinking that we can just launch a gadget process without even opening a manual or taking advice!  Sometimes, the particular order of doing an apparently simple task is crucial.  For example, in the firmware updates I tackled today, DJI are very particular when specifying the order of tasks for connecting the equipment to a laptop - laptop on and connected to the internet, DJI Assistant open, equipment connected via the USB cable and then turned on.  This is probably important to allow DJI Assistant to correctly recognise the connected equipment.  If DJI specify it, stick to it and I guess there will be less chance of failures?

Overall, we should also remember that the Mavic Pro is not a toy - it is an expensive and very sophisticated aerial camera platform that needs care and experience to operate successfully.  I was heartened by my update experiences today and I hope that this post will give confidence to others.  But I will reiterate my main point - do your homework before starting the task!

Finally, I now have to express some deep disappointment!  A short while after the update process I restarted my Mavic Pro, and used the iPad DJI GO 4 app to get it airborne ...... and was then very surprised to find that I do not appear to have the new Quick Shot modes (which was a major reason for doing the firmware updates in the first place  ...)!  Active Track, Gesture and Tap Fly are there, but no sign of Quick Shot!  Flip!!!!  What I have I done wrong now???  Back to the blasted drawing board ...... and manuals and videos and ...... :-(
2017-10-2
Use props
Bernoullis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Talk about the inconsistency and unpredictability of DJI software!  Having put all my kit away last night and thought "Well, I don't know why the new Quick Shot modes aren't available after the effort of that firmware update ....", I dragged it all out again today, fired it up, got airborne .... and the Quick Shot modes are now there!

Good grief, it's enough to make you want to howl at the moon!  I'm pleased, of course, but it still grates that this stuff is so hit and miss!  How anyone is supposed to plan an outing with this gadget, when it decides what it will do, and when.  

Oh well, I should be grateful for the progress, I guess.  Wibble!

2017-10-3
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347507 ft
United States

I'm having issues with the upgrade.  It seems to hang or freeze the screen.  Like I try to take a picture and it takes several seconds before the shutter goes off.  Anyone else having slow response or freezing issues?  I've made sure I got all my batteries upgrade but still showing hanging.  Thinking of reverting back to an older firmware.
2017-10-3
Use props
Bernoullis
lvl.2
United Kingdom

fansaa3da6c4 Posted at 2017-10-3 05:34
I'm having issues with the upgrade.  It seems to hang or freeze the screen.  Like I try to take a picture and it takes several seconds before the shutter goes off.  Anyone else having slow response or freezing issues?  I've made sure I got all my batteries upgrade but still showing hanging.  Thinking of reverting back to an older firmware.

I suspect that to get a solution you are going to need to supply more information.

What are you using to control the Mavic? Android or iOS tablet/phone?  What is the DJI GO 4 app version number?  Perhaps you using the remote controller with a tablet/phone plugged in to that?

If it is, for example, just a tablet or phone, is it that you actually have a time delay between selecting the camera shutter, and a photo actually being recorded?  Or do you perhaps have just a picture transmission delay between the Mavic and your tablet or phone?  Are you operating somewhere where there may be another wi-fi signal interfering with the connection between your tablet/phone and the Mavic (assuming you are using wi-fi control)?

So, can you perhaps be a bit more precise about what kit you are using and how you are employing it?  That would make it much easier for the experts (and I am not one of them ...) to give you help, I am sure.

I do wonder sometimes if some of the problems experienced by those using phones is because too much is being expected of the technical capabilities of their phones, which tend to have less capable processors and/or RAM than larger equipment (not always, sure, but much of the time).  Pushing a small phone processor to the limits will create issues, obviously, but what is often forgotten is that a phone (or any similar tech gadget, be it tablet or computer!) working with very little 'headroom' in it's RAM is going to have issues too.  A phone that is jam-packed with apps such that it has only a small percentage of it's RAM free is going to struggle to operate smoothly much of the time.
2017-10-3
Use props
H4RDCORE
lvl.2
Hungary

Trojan Alpha Posted at 2017-9-26 11:44
My Mavic reports a mismatch in the Firmware and won't fly as a consequence.
I currently have the following installed: RC-01.03.1000 & UAV-01.03.0550

This happened to me either. Can not update, I did everything. The same as you. Please help!
2017-10-3
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.3
Flight distance : 347507 ft
United States

Bernoullis Posted at 2017-10-3 09:19
I suspect that to get a solution you are going to need to supply more information.

What are you using to control the Mavic? Android or iOS tablet/phone?  What is the DJI GO 4 app version number?  Perhaps you using the remote controller with a tablet/phone plugged in to that?

I reinstalled the DJI Go4 app on my ipad mini 4 and it fixed the freezing and slow response.
2017-10-4
Use props
djiuser_1SdLEQ0
lvl.1
Australia

Just updated. No problems.Reviewed and reset all my preferences and flew faultlessly for 18 minutes on battery used for update.
2017-10-4
Use props
A92FA
New
Flight distance : 141299 ft
United States

Anyone notice  a difference in  the speed?  Seems to fly slower..?

Thanks..
2017-10-5
Use props
fansfbd915bf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87831 ft
Russia

All update is OK! But, please add for C1 or C2 select for take off & landing! it is usefull for individual lunch & land functions!!!
2017-10-5
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

So at this point is it safe to say we Android users are SOL when it comes to an official release that supports Quickshots?    (I don't want to use the mirror.  Given that DJI has refused to release it to Google Play and have said nothing, I'm guessing it means there's something wrong and they can't fix it.)

LP
2017-10-6
Use props
fans1f4a3127
lvl.4
Germany

Any News for Android Users?? Greetz Pyro
2017-10-7
Use props
Jffoto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 709 ft
Sweden

Any news for Android users?
2017-10-7
Use props
snhyuri
New
Netherlands

Yesterday after the updating I went out to put my drone in the air and after 2 minutes it stopped responding de RC and start flying to the left until it crashes in the wall... How to deal with that?!
It really upset me because I am really cautious with my drone and I  never let it felt before. I tried to contact DJI by the custumer service mail but my message couldnt be delivered...
2017-10-8
Use props
fans490c9855
New
France

Don't work for me, no image
Very bad :-(
2017-10-8
Use props
liquidguru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 232933 ft
Indonesia

My android app just updated to .10... Previously I had installed the apkmirror version, but that has just been overwritten by the official version from playstore (32MB update)
2017-10-8
Use props
liquidguru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 232933 ft
Indonesia

Don't know how to edit a post in the mobile forum.

Gets the screenshot
Screenshot_20171009-121519.jpg
2017-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules