DJI Runaround - Why do you treat customers so poorly?
1263 10 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DtYC2tE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277520 ft
United States

DJI, why do you treat your customers so poorly?  Why when there is well documented evidence of a drone failure do you fight tooth and nail against your customers?  Why can you not accept that some failures will happen, and work swiftly to keep your customers happy?  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've recently been through the DJI runaround.  So let me explain what happened.  

Day 1 - crash -
  • I contact DJI via chat.  Chat requires me to submit email with various logs and serial numbers to DJI.
  • I send the email.  Receive auto email saying to expect a response within 1-2 business days.

Day 3 -
  • no response yet from DJI.  I call the customer service number.  They explain that I should expect a repsopnse in 5-7  business days.
  • I also send a status inquiry on the email.

Day 4 -
  • receive a response from DJI, with very little information, and an offer for 30% off a new drone.
  • I am not pleased with this offer, I call the support line - i want to argue my case to a supervisor.  I have to wait for a supervisor to call me back.
  • Supervisor calls me back a few hours later - is very helpful requests that data analysis rereview the case.
  • I also respond to email requesting rereview

Day 8 -
  • response from data analysis once again claiming pilot error.
  • Create this post on the forums

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash info:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/UK4PRDCBPVYFP2X2BSLU/

Powered on remote, powered on mavic, both at 100% battery.  Waited for satellite fix, waited for home point set.  Checked diagnostic screen no calibration errors.  Manually launched the mavic by pushing control sticks down and in.  Raised the mavic up about 15 feet, then sent it sent it out over water.  It traveled about 60 feet then I witnessed the Mavic flip 90 degrees over on its left side and crash into the water.  The Mavic was gone, I looked at the RC and it said "Connecting"  I was unable to retrieve the Mavic.

DJI is claiming this is pilot error.  But why?  Why did the unit disconnect?  Why did it flip on its left side?  How did pilot error cause these things?  

Once again, I request that a new unit be provided to me free of charge, and my existing DJI refresh be transfered to the new unit.  This unit was only 3 weeks old and failed catostophically.  The unit was too close to me to disconnect, I had great satellite fix, it did not slowly drift into the water due to sensor failures.  It spectacuraly and instantly fell from the sky and into the water.  

So please DJI, do the right thing!  Give my case an honest look, don't claim pilot error, when there is no evidence of pilot error.  The unit failed 9 seconds into flight.  Please just do the right thing!

2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We apologize firstly for unpleasant experience during the process. It usually takes several days for the data analysis. Appreciate your understanding.
Then, could you please post the case number here so that we could check more details and make it clear for you? Thanks.
2017-9-19
Use props
djiuser_DtYC2tE
lvl.1
United States

CAS-985290-F2M1L9
2017-9-19
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

30% off is a good deal, considering lost because of pilot error.
2017-9-19
Use props
VDESAI05
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85341 ft
United States

Excellent question, i have the same issue. Common theme?
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Thanks for your update, my colleague has responded your query via email.
Please be noted that the performance of the Vision System are affected by the surface being flown over. Ultrasonic sensors may not able to accurately measure distances when operating above sound-absorbing materials such as flying over water or transparent surfaces.
And that's the reason why your aircraft would not hover above the water but crashed to it after the pilot pushed pitch stick forward fully. The aircraft flew forward at 6 m/s while it was only 6.7 m above the surface of the water at that time.
Actually it is pilot error caused the accident, we have made it clearly in user manual that flying above water will affect the ultrasonic sensor. vision system.png
30% off coupon is the best offer we can provide. Appreciate your understanding.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

VDESAI05 Posted at 2017-9-19 18:44
Excellent question, i have the same issue. Common theme?

Susan is following up your case, please update in your own thread if there is further question. Thank you.
2017-9-19
Use props
djiuser_DtYC2tE
lvl.1
United States

Mindy, I read that email.  This incident  was not a vision sensor issue.  

• The Mavic didn't slowly drift into the water.
  • I didn't try hovering in place.
  • The Mavic shut down 9 seconds into flight
  • The Mavic was only 70 feet away and a clear line of sight to controller
  • The Mavic flipped 90 degrees onto its left side and fell into the water.

What exactly makes that pilot error?  

How does a Mavic that disconnects from the RC at 70 feet away represent pilot error?  Why would downward sensors cause the Mavic to flip on its left side?  Answer these questions directly and honestly please.  
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_DtYC2tE Posted at 2017-9-20 03:53
Mindy, I read that email.  This incident  was not a vision sensor issue.  

Since the flight record got disconnected and we are unable to verify if it flipped 90 degree onto its left side, very sorry about it.
I've seen you have accepted the discount, I will contact my colleague to apply it as soon as possible. Appreciate your patience.
2017-9-20
Use props
fansce7828fc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-20 23:20
Since the flight record got disconnected and we are unable to verify if it flipped 90 degree onto its left side, very sorry about it.
I've seen you have accepted the discount, I will contact my colleague to apply it as soon as possible. Appreciate your patience.

I also crashed my Mavic because of pilot error. I read couple of reviews on this site and another and explored quiet a few options for the repair. In spite of all the negative reviews regarding slow and expensive service I ultimately decided to send my Mavic to DJI Netherlands HQ.

While my CAS-962372-S5H8Y4 is ongoing, I can objectively say few things regarding my current experience:
The service is not slow (I hope I will receive my drone by Oct 3rd )
The service is not particularly expensive
The service is professional

My guess is that people who crash their drone will be impatient as I am. But it doesn't mean that the service is not good.

This is just to soften the reviews on DJI service and let pilot know that a lot of clients have had a positive experience with DJI service
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansce7828fc Posted at 2017-9-23 00:53
I also crashed my Mavic because of pilot error. I read couple of reviews on this site and another and explored quiet a few options for the repair. In spite of all the negative reviews regarding slow and expensive service I ultimately decided to send my Mavic to DJI Netherlands HQ.

While my CAS-962372-S5H8Y4 is ongoing, I can objectively say few things regarding my current experience:

Really appreciate your positive feedback, we can understand customers' complaint about the customer service especially the data analysis. We are trying our best to make it clear  and will keep improving our customer service.
Hope you will receive your drone soon.
2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules