Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-19
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

You sound unhappy with the hobby and DJI.  Honestly, if it's not fun anymore... just move on.  Life's too short.
2017-9-19
Use props
NukeSpark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11033 ft
Gibraltar

Drones/quad copters are one of those things that can go perfectly smooth at the factory then when released in the 1000's then that's when the real troubleshooting begin.

Unfortunately sometimes the user/buyer is this one that gets the short end of the stick but from what i've seen on many forums.... From all the fly away's etc from every 10 maybe  5 to 6 was due to pilot error. Devices have become so sophisticated with sensors/gps etc that unfortunately pre check lists are required no matter the drone.
2017-9-19
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-9-19 04:57
You sound unhappy with the hobby and DJI.  Honestly, if it's not fun anymore... just move on.  Life's too short.

agreed .. life is too short to sweat the small stuff.
2017-9-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-9-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-9-19
Use props
Jptsrone
lvl.2
United States

Nope. Mine works as advertised for the most part.
2017-9-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diablo Posted at 2017-9-19 05:19
Ah.....mmmm... I am not so sure that with the Spark in particular these issues are operator related. I am flying for more than 5 years now and had some issues in the past but nothing like this. In EU simply the 5.8ghz band doesn't work... I always loose connection to my drone below 100m (give or take). Lots of satellites, strong signal, no interferences, compass calibrated, etc. I also had a pre-flight check list in the past but the variables were somehow controllable, now they're more like random weird reactions, no pattern (except the wifi loss)

If you are having all these problems then you have a defective unit, you are going to have to send it in to be looked at as you surely could not trade it on working like that.
You problems are not insurmountable you should be able to get your spark to work as it should, so if it's not something your doing wrong it's a defective unit.
2017-9-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

The poll is missing from your thread.
2017-9-19
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

El Diablo Posted at 2017-9-19 05:15
I am very disappointed with Dji not the hobby. If you read my comment I am going back to the Mavic if it doesn't show the same problems. I am a photographer aspiring to capture aerial video. I only got the Spark because the Mavic was not an option due to the camera issues. The 1080p is quite surprising actually although my normal workflow is in 4K.

I just think that the Spark didn't deliver what was promised.

honestly, if this is the second DJI drone that your unhappy with, then maybe your expectations are a bit high. Of all the available quads, DJI is by far the most capable set... and it's not even close.  So by proxy you are disappointed in the hobby.  As far as not delivering what was promised.  I'm quite happy.  I don't feel like I am missing anything. I also don't have to deal with Euro rules, so there's that.
2017-9-19
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

I got my Spark on July 27th and I have had nothing but fun. It's my first drone so I have learned a lot and plan to keep doing so.
2017-9-19
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

jyc Posted at 2017-9-19 06:43
I got my Spark on July 27th and I have had nothing but fun. It's my first drone so I have learned a lot and plan to keep doing so.

Same here .. I get excited every time I fly it and it never stops impressing me on its capabilities
2017-9-19
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have no disappointment in my purchase.  I do have some disappointment in how DJI communicates with it's most faithful customers and advocates (real but not major concerns).
2017-9-19
Use props
Koppo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191726 ft
Germany

I am more than happy with my spark. I only had one issue but that was my fault. Otherwise, that thing is indestructable. I usually switch to 2.4 using OTG and have no problems. I can reach up to 1.2km (depending on the environment). Only the 1080p is a bit low, maybe they will sometimes bring an option to lower the IS so you can at least use 2.7k ( somewhere I read that the cam is 4k but the difference to 1080 is used for IS?). The best thing about the spark is its size. I often go backpacking so its easy to take with me. When I compare it to my brothers Yuneec, that thing is a winner... He has to haul the big case everytime when we go flying, I just have my small dronepack.
2017-9-19
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

The spark is my first of the kind. I have not had any scary experiences with it.
Today, I would rather have chosen a model with 3-axis gimbal, to fly faster without video tilting.
2017-9-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-9-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-9-19
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 156867 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am done with DJI.  I have no confidence in the products.  I have a Mavic, Goggles, Osmo Mobil & HAD a spark... Warranty on both birds.  I had a battery failure and lost the Spark.   DJI Customer Care has LITERALLY done nothing.  DO NOT fly without 3rd party insurance.... I am totally out $700 for a fly more, that I am still paying on.... I am getting rid of all my DJI stuff.   Just not worth it.
2017-9-19
Use props
brian_b
lvl.2
United States

Iʻm reasonably happy. The Spark is doing the things I expected it to. I havenʻt had many issues. On a repair under warranty, my Spark was returned in 10 days.

I understand folks are directing their blame or misgivings at DJI. The way I see it is, ok, we all need to vent or project our frustration somewhere. But is this manufacturer really the focal point?

My first drone was a 450 Flamewheel with NAZA. I didnʻt do nearly anything close to what the Phantom did or this Spark, but I didnʻt see a need to complain, because this is just a very technical hobby and one not only has to have the cognitive aptitude to figure it out, but the income.

I donʻt normally see a need to defend brands, either because we all know what their end game is and we accept that. Every business and its model is out to make some sort of profit.

DJI, as far as Iʻm concerned put out products that for the most part made getting into the hobby relatively easy and plug and play. This Spark is the first drone I bought with everything in it to straight up go and fly and capture video. With my TBS Discovery (which still used DJI parts), I still had to print, but, build and enhance it on my own.

My question to you folks whoʻve become so jaded and disappointed in DJI is, from what other manufacturer are you considering buying from that is in parity with DJI, technologically? Who?

I mean, GDU looks interesting, Hubsan? I mean what other manufacturer is out there that isnʻt attempting to replicate what DJI is already doing in development? I earnestly want to know, because, even though Iʻm fairly happy with my Spark, freedom of choice is a good thing, if it actually exists.
2017-9-19
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

I still want to like spark.
I have problems with gesture mode, since when it loses you there is no way to regain control, other than enabling rc or phone which defeats the point.
So I carry on, but today , out of the blue , the video from rc to tablet or phone seizes up and is a blurred mess with10 sec lag and therfore useless.
Reloaded apps , rebooted apps, all to no avail, and max distances, rth height etc are defaulting to zero every  time app is launched. Intermittent compass errors now showing and no idea what to do.
How do all thaes peolle have no problems?
2017-9-19
Use props
brian_b
lvl.2
United States

There seem to be scores of folks with no problems and have no need to say anything about it. I wonder if there is a poorly implemented quality control process where Sparks that shouldnʻt go on to retailers get through, instead of getting reconditioned, refurbished or having their components replaced.
2017-9-19
Use props
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162444 ft
Canada

I honestly am. I suspect though that it has become more about the time involved in the whole spectrum of the nature of the hobby. I was not prepared to carve off a huge piece of time I really don't have in order to stay on top of updates, watching the forums, troubleshooting odd burps and farts in links and connections, trying to stay on top of developments regarding the idiosyncrasies of the bird, having to learn new software platforms, learning the ins and outs of data management of the bird...etc.

Regarding the bird itself, I have lost confidence in it and the thought of flying it just brings stress, then I go do something else instead. I can't even consider selling it locally as I have a habit of sharing things that are wrong with whatever I'm selling in order to not have bad blood later, with the spark Id have to take them to dinner to have time to share all the pitfalls that MAY lay ahead.

As it stands I haven't flown it for weeks. I just continue to monitor the forums for some eureka moment I suppose?

We'll see going forward but yeah...if I'm being honest I'm disappointed with my purchase. 50% because of the bird and 50% because I didn't see the time commitment involved in the hobby itself.

Live and learn yo. Still love the concept but naive of me to assume the hype was hip.

P.S. no ATTI mode? Absolutely ludicrous.

2017-9-19
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ThirdEyeFlyin' Posted at 2017-9-19 16:32
I honestly am. I suspect though that it has become more about the time involved in the whole spectrum of the nature of the hobby. I was not prepared to carve off a huge piece of time I really don't have in order to stay on top of updates, watching the forums, troubleshooting odd burps and farts in links and connections, trying to stay on top of developments regarding the idiosyncrasies of the bird, having to learn new software platforms, learning the ins and outs of data management of the bird...etc.

Regarding the bird itself, I have lost confidence in it and the thought of flying it just brings stress, then I go do something else instead. I can't even consider selling it locally as I have a habit of sharing things that are wrong with whatever I'm selling in order to not have bad blood later, with the spark Id have to take them to dinner to have time to share all the pitfalls that MAY lay ahead.

Wow, what happened to you?
2017-9-19
Use props
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162444 ft
Canada

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-9-19 18:08
Wow, what happened to you?

Lol....the spark has died.
2017-9-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-9-19
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-9-19
Use props
la_panza
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1123133 ft
  • >>>
Italy

In my life I've had something like 10 DJI products, they are good products and I would be happy till the moment you need service...  I'm DISGUSTED about my last customer care experience with DJI
2017-9-20
Use props
Arnor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

Awesome product and brand. Great service and customer experience! I personnaly highly recommend their products.
2017-9-20
Use props
Arnor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
Belgium

NerdyGuy Posted at 2017-9-19 10:58
I am done with DJI.  I have no confidence in the products.  I have a Mavic, Goggles, Osmo Mobil & HAD a spark... Warranty on both birds.  I had a battery failure and lost the Spark.   DJI Customer Care has LITERALLY done nothing.  DO NOT fly without 3rd party insurance.... I am totally out $700 for a fly more, that I am still paying on.... I am getting rid of all my DJI stuff.   Just not worth it.

Are you? You are still here complaining instead of moving on. Based on your thread and logs we saw from support, I don't see why you keep blaming the drone.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans9ea9c44f Posted at 2017-9-19 14:07
I still want to like spark.
I have problems with gesture mode, since when it loses you there is no way to regain control, other than enabling rc or phone which defeats the point.
So I carry on, but today , out of the blue , the video from rc to tablet or phone seizes up and is a blurred mess with10 sec lag and therfore useless.

Please ensure that you fly in a place without interference. Any error message when the image had 10 sec lag?
Please try to reinstall your app and change a mobile device and see if it can work well.
Also try to calibrate your compass. Please keep us updated if the problem is unsolved.
2017-9-20
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377648 ft
Germany

The Spark (Fly More Combo) was/is my first drone. For a rookie in this hobby I think the Spark is really great! I live in Europe and I get many disconnections in the 5Ghz band, the range is very limited also with the RC and I loose the connection to the Spark a lot. When I use it with the OTG cable on 2.4Ghz is really great, the range and the connection is extremely improved.
The instruction manual is poor, I mounted the propeller guards thinking they are all the same, I haven't noticed the white marks on them (nothing written in the manual about that) and broke a LED Cover when I unmounted the prop-guards (in July) .... it's almost October and DJI was not able to provide me that piece of plastic (of course I wanted to buy it, I'm not expecting that for free even if it should be - missing instructions).
Except these remarks and some missing functions (RAW, 16:9 photos), I really think the Spark is a remarkable piece of equipment ... it has a fantastic quality and it offers a lot of features.
I really would purchase it again, no regrets at all.
2017-9-20
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Do I regret my purchase!?!  Do I ever!!!   I have a Mavic and had a Spark... till a battery error now it’s lost forever.. DJI REFUSES support in ANY way!!  Their only form of “support” is 15% off a new Spark.  Are you forking kidding me?  Customer support is TRUELY non-exsistant.   You are buying a drone that is Apple level quality, but support is far WORSE than 99c store level crap.   There IS NO technical support with DJI.  The Care program is a total ripoff.   Since my drone took off and DJI is not will to help.   I have ceased all use of DJI products.  If your happy with your products & never need support.... good luck.   The SECOND you need support, you’re totally on your own.  Do NOT look to support for anything.   Yes, yes, yes I regret all my DJI purchases.  I regret purchasing my Mavic Pro Fly More, Spark Fly More, Goggles and the Osmo.  I can’t even look at DJI stuff without feeling like I am going to puke.   I got into this hobby when my wife dumped my ass.  Now, I look to a different hobby.  As another poster mentioned.. this hobby truly is a time suck.  For me its much more painful. I'm paying monthly on something I don't have anymore.   My only advice is get out early!  Do NOT go nuts with buying assesories for your products & then one day, your bird drops from the sky, totally gone.  The feeling of having to either replace the unit or sell everything is sicking.  
I ABSOLUTELY 100% regret my purchase.   I would go with a Karma, or any other vendor.  The Karma is no where NEAR the level of DJI birds, but at least they have a support group. DJI does NOT have a support team at all.  Sit back and think about this.   Your actually throwing an expensive camera in the air and HOPE it comes back.  With no support team behind the products   Really???? It's a totally dumb idea.   
Learn from my mistake... Get out of this hobby before you buy too much crap.   You WILL regret it.  I promise you.
2017-9-20
Use props
scorpionro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 211355 ft
United Kingdom

I don’t regret the purchase. I think that there isn’t a better offer in this size (and price). The Mavic, even folded is a lot bigger and heavier. I can easily throw the Spark, 5 batteries and the remote in a backpack and I’m still under the weight of the Mavic with a single battery.

It does have its quirks, but overall i am happy with it.
2017-9-20
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Third eye flyin. I'm with you. Waiting for that eureka moment. When I think I'm winning, some new difficulty occurs. Use otg/don't use otg. Calibrate/don't calibrate.
Use gesture/ not off pier might just land.Gyro reads orange, problem? -don't know.
2017-9-20
Use props
NerdyGuy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Arnor Posted at 2017-9-20 00:40
Are you? You are still here complaining instead of moving on. Based on your thread and logs we saw from support, I don't see why you keep blaming the drone.

Because the forking drone failed.  I was NOT at fault and DJI's audience needs to know.   
2017-9-20
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2017-9-21
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Every time I fly my spark it feels like I have put 500 bucks on 0 at the roulette wheel.

There is every chance I could loose it
2017-9-21
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Agreed....
2017-9-21
Use props
E3M6N3S
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121713 ft
United States

Don’t regret it one bit, even after having to deal with their repair process, which took less that 5 days from shipment to returned. I am also buying the Mavic Professional Platinum when they decide to ship it to me, currently on pre-order.
2017-9-21
Use props
Tim1985
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32641 ft
United States

Regret the sprk purchase. Can’t answer that seeing as how the remote has been in repair for 2 weeks and all I can do is fly by phone. DJI support is of no help. Past 3 days worth of email are the same response. Remote has been repaired and is shipping. Get it together DJI. It doesn’t take 2 weeks to fix a remote that your QC department missed!!!!!
2017-9-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules