Poll: Forum user ranking. Confusing or fun?
10515 118 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mafia16 Posted at 2017-9-21 09:46
Please add flag in country we flown in the forum.

Like this idea too.
2017-9-21
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-9-21 09:06
NOTE: User groups have been adjusted. The following changes have been made:

Thanks for exploring ideas; change is sometimes good.
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

KEDDK Posted at 2017-9-21 14:19
"it does have some purpose in limiting new users' abilities to post to the forums (to avoid spam),"

This makes absolutely no sense, all we got is a lot of irrelevant postings so that people can get a lot of points!

>This makes absolutely no sense, all we got is a lot of irrelevant postings so that people can get a lot of points!

You underestimate how much spam there was before I made this rule. It also encourages users to browse to find an answer rather than asking the same question for the 100th time.

As for the permissions list. Many of those permissions are outdated and unusable. That page definitely needs to be completely changed or totally removed. Ignore it for now. Sorry for the confusion.
2017-9-21
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Like some others, the flight distance shown under my name here is very understated. Now I started with a Phantom 3 Adv and then added a Mavic Pro (which I'm now flying almost exclusively).  Why aren't my flight distances updating?
2017-9-21
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-9-21 00:29
Flying huge distances across a desert devoid of obstacles does not necessarily give people much knowledge about flying.
Reading all the training manuals ten times over doesn't either, but it does give people a lot of important background knowledge.

I agree....
2017-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-9-21 09:06
NOTE: User groups have been adjusted. The following changes have been made:

Good job.....
2017-9-21
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-9-21 09:48
The forum currently doesn't support this functionality. I'll bring it up to the devs when I can.

Being able to know each other what countries we flown would be a very useful functionality. Would help a lot to be able to properly be informed before travelling to a new country
2017-9-21
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

The new ranking system is more sensible.
I think the veterans of this forum have a sense of whose advice is more reasonable as well.
I notice that there are more DJI staff assigned to moderate these days.
There should be a digest of the more informative posts to help new users as well.
The countries features is nice to have - some folks will blow the limits of the display though!
2017-9-22
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Posts that are informative (and I'm sure even the mods learn from some of them) should be given some bonus points. Moderators like Joe should be given the option to boost points.
2017-9-22
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Another related idea is to have the mods performance given points as well. A good tip really saves time and trouble and some mods are better than others. This will give DJI management a sense of who are more effective at communicating - something many posters IMO unfairly criticise DJI for. The company has come a long way now in customer service.
2017-9-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-9-21 16:22
>This makes absolutely no sense, all we got is a lot of irrelevant postings so that people can get a lot of points!

You underestimate how much spam there was before I made this rule. It also encourages users to browse to find an answer rather than asking the same question for the 100th time.

Occasionally there are posts directly from the DJI Engineers, offering, or asking for information.  Now they usually appear as 'beginner' and a name, that does not reflect their position in DJI, which means their factual comments or requests for information often get lost in the myriad of other posts.

Could I suggest that the engineers/technicians are listed as such with the status of 'DJI Engineer', 'DJI Technician' or whatever may be appropriate, to add some weight to their comments.
2017-9-22
Use props
Da Lata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008297 ft

Brazil

Capturar.JPG Why is blank?

Capturar.JPG
2017-9-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Right now I don't see any at your infobar.
2017-9-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I think this limitation is indeed a good way to prevent spambots from inserting fake posts.
2017-9-22
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-9-19 10:52
I think it's fine the way it is.  If we're gonna change things, make me an Admiral please.

Oh, btw, I have over 1200 miles distance but my flight distance is blank.  Not fair!  

Why should we listen to you?  Your flight distance is only 888!  (btw... this is sarcasm and proving his point!)  :-)
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-9-22 03:46
Occasionally there are posts directly from the DJI Engineers, offering, or asking for information.  Now they usually appear as 'beginner' and a name, that does not reflect their position in DJI, which means their factual comments or requests for information often get lost in the myriad of other posts.

Could I suggest that the engineers/technicians are listed as such with the status of 'DJI Engineer', 'DJI Technician' or whatever may be appropriate, to add some weight to their comments.

This was simply a problem with miscommunication. It has been addressed.
2017-9-22
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-9-21 09:48
The forum currently doesn't support this functionality. I'll bring it up to the devs when I can.

in reply to #73

please make sure if implemented that it is optional, i thnik the Distance should be that too, i have no interest in showing how much and where i fly.
2017-9-22
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

No i don't know how much spam there was before, but if would be spam from bots i guess that could be controlled with activation mails, instant banning/account lock and perhaps controlling that users without a DJI product registered would only have access to post in a few forums in order to get info before purchase etc.

Hopefully that is one of the things changed/removed is that it seem that new users would not be able to search, that is far out.
2017-9-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-22 07:51
Why should we listen to you?  Your flight distance is only 888!  (btw... this is sarcasm and proving his point!)  :-)

I made the mistake of hitting the sync button last night dammit!  Is there an undo?  
2017-9-22
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

Don't know the answer to your question but don't discount the knowledge of your users in any way. There is a lot of great advice here.
2017-9-22
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

I like the game here.  I think it's fun
2017-9-23
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

off topic sorry:

What does this mean?
2017-9-24
Use props
DALLEN
lvl.2
United States

I am a professional forum owner on other topics. i coem here for info and to add. This forum is not rmeotely user friendly.
2017-9-24
Use props
DALLEN
lvl.2
United States

I am an admin of numerous high end VB forums. This forum here with all the arcane riules suitabel for children is not rmeotely user friendly. Points to be abel to create a first post?  1 minute time limit to redit typos?! Come on....
2017-9-24
Use props
DALLEN
lvl.2
United States

Seems near impossible to use this disorganzied forum with juvenile brownie point rules suitable for kindergartners. New i2 pilot here.
2017-9-24
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
  • >>>
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2017-9-24 10:10
off topic sorry:

What does this mean?

It identifies what country you live in.
2017-9-24
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

it was ok with me.if you counted rc planes i would have a lot of miles flown,which dont matter because we are here to help each other.
2017-9-25
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I would like the OPTION to be able to have the city/state shown on users.  It would aid in knowing what part of the country they are in and where someone might be nearby that we didn't know about.  For instance, I have no idea who else flies around here but there have been plenty of drones sold locally.

As for the drone icons under the user, mine still only shows one of my drones.  I have flown my P3A for over two years now and regularly sync records in GO, but it has never shown up.  My newer Mavic shows but I've never compared numbers to see if they look correct for flight distance, nor do I care how far I've flown.  If they are going to be shown though, they sould be correct.  I've reported this problem a few times before.
2017-9-25
Use props
Matthew Chirico
First Officer
Flight distance : 769160 ft
United States

How do you sync to flight history?!
2017-9-25
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-9-19 10:52
I think it's fine the way it is.  If we're gonna change things, make me an Admiral please.

Oh, btw, I have over 1200 miles distance but my flight distance is blank.  Not fair!  

Mark,

Your Flight distance isn't blank, it currently says 888
2017-9-25
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

rolling56 Posted at 2017-9-24 10:10
off topic sorry:

What does this mean?

The Emoticons don't seem to be working < this should be a smiley face.

EDIT: they now seem to be fixed
2017-9-25
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

unless you WORK 4 DJI...rankings/mileage/status, to my mind, mean nothing.  
2017-9-26
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

taurus35 Posted at 2017-9-25 23:12
Mark,

Your Flight distance isn't blank, it currently says 888

Yes, but that's not eight hundred eighty eight.  It's infinity x 3.  
2017-9-26
Use props
WernerD
Second Officer
Flight distance : 350837 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Exactly my problem as well. Plus the flight distance is shown in the user home page but not in the posts just like in your case.
Did not get any response yet, did you?
2017-9-26
Use props
Da Lata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008297 ft

Brazil

WernerD Posted at 2017-9-26 21:22
Exactly my problem as well. Plus the flight distance is shown in the user home page but not in the posts just like in your case.
Did not get any response yet, did you?

Nope, no reply! I think is not a big problem, just a software failure... normal
2017-9-27
Use props
CraigVG
New
Flight distance : 18547 ft
United States

Wish I would have gotten here sooner...
2017-11-10
Use props
CraigVG
New
Flight distance : 18547 ft
United States

" About 8 months ago we added the ability to sync your forum account with your flight logs to display what aircraft you own and how many meters you've flown."

How do we do this...?
2017-11-10
Use props
mic75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3799423 ft
Australia

I think flight experience is more important than posting experience, you don’t want a person without much practical experience but they’ve read the manual 20 times and spend all their time posting and as a result have a high rank. Would you fly on a plane if the pilots had only flown in simulators.
2017-11-11
Use props
djiuser_QxB9Ef5JdUna
lvl.1
Flight distance : 308159 ft
United States

Would love to see a firmware update in the Mavic Air 2 that  would make the camera function  able to zoom as well. Like it does in the. Video mode.
2021-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules