Which photo is better
2581 12 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bschones
lvl.1
United States

I have a phantom 4 drone. My photos I take automatically go into my iphoto app on my photo so I never need to download the photos from my micro SD card. But I'm wondering if I get better photo quality if I download the photos from the micro SD card. Does any one have the same situation and have found that they get better photo quality from the micro SD card??
2017-9-19
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

In my opinion, yes. Better from the SD card, since the data is written directly to the card. What is saved on your tablet/phone has been transmitted wirelessly and is subject to any random interference between you and the drone.  Also, if you are recording in 4K for example, the feed from the drone to the tablet via lightbridge (radio transmission) will not be at that high resolution, I would doubt.
2017-9-19
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

As the videos I think that happens the same. In photos I usually was taken only the smartphone photos, and is a small resolution in cellphone. The camera in drone is a 20 MP, so they are big sizes, like 7 MB space each one from SD card. But I didn't compare both analysing sharpness and quality issue yet.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The quality pictures/videos are kept in the SD card, you can connect it with PC and check.
2017-9-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The answer is a resounding YES!. The videos and photos stored on your phone/tablet are not the full resolution copies, they are low resolution versions only intended for you to preview them with. Only the SD card holds the full quality copies.
2017-9-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I'm only slightly confused.

Why wouldn't you download/upload those pics from the sd card to your home computer?

RedHotPoker
2017-9-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-19 20:35
I'm only slightly confused.

Why wouldn't you download/upload those pics from the sd card to your home computer?

'Why wouldn't you download/upload those pics from the sd card to your home computer? '

Probably because he/she thinks the copies on the phone are exactly the same as those on the SD card. It is amazing how few people actually understand the ones on the phone are not the *real* copies.
2017-9-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-9-19 20:47
'Why wouldn't you download/upload those pics from the sd card to your home computer? '

Probably because he/she thinks the copies on the phone are exactly the same as those on the SD card. It is amazing how few people actually understand the ones on the phone are not the *real* copies.

Yes, but also equally disturbing to me, is why they never RTFM. ;-)

So much info, and plenty of questions are answered by having a fuller understanding of the complexities that are in a drone...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-19
Use props
zilla
lvl.2

United States

looking at the pics on a small screen like a tablet can fool one into thinking that the full resolution is there.
2017-9-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

zilla Posted at 2017-9-20 12:39
looking at the pics on a small screen like a tablet can fool one into thinking that the full resolution is there.

Do they make a 4K iPad yet? I need one. Soon.

Otherwise it will be one of those fancy curved 55" Samsung QLED smart TV models, I shall purchase.

My LG monitor plays my 4K vids, but not in 4K.
So I have much to look forward to, and around as well. Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-20
Use props
zilla
lvl.2

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-20 15:35
Do they make a 4K iPad yet? I need one. Soon.

Otherwise it will be one of those fancy curved 55" Samsung QLED smart TV models, I shall purchase.

Panasonic has a 17 or 21 inch 4k pad. When we saw it at a demo a couple years ago it was selling for $10,000 US dollars....lol.
So, you are taking a 55 inch moniter out in the field to connect to your remote control?.........lol!!!
2017-9-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

zilla Posted at 2017-9-21 12:52
Panasonic has a 17 or 21 inch 4k pad. When we saw it at a demo a couple years ago it was selling for $10,000 US dollars....lol.
So, you are taking a 55 inch moniter out in the field to connect to your remote control?.........lol!!!

Are you related to Kreskin? As You have just read My mind! And private thoughts... Hahahaha

No, I rYde a Can Am SpYder RS-S. So transporting my desired Samsung QLED 55" smart tv, is an impossibility

Without towing a small trailer, it would be a challenge In itself.
Previously I was so looking forward, to the iPad Air3 128gb Cellular, which never got released.

I need to start a Samsung tv savings account. Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-9-21
Use props
zilla
lvl.2

United States

No relation to Kreskin...lol!
2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now