16944 148 2017-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

jyc Posted at 2017-9-28 05:09
It can't be Xmas everyday!

It can't but if you imply it's going to be Christmas on a specific day, it would be great if it was, rather than an average Thursday.
2017-9-28
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

Drone-Mike Posted at 2017-9-28 05:46
It can't but if you imply it's going to be Christmas on a specific day, it would be great if it was, rather than an average Thursday.

Of course you are right.
2017-9-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Probably this video indeed.
Now on Twitter also.

https://twitter.com/DJIGlobal
2017-9-28
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm underwhelmed, but I think I know what DJI was thinking.  The spark has been a success (from an order point of view, others may disagree as far as functionality).  DJI is trying to capitalize on the rollout success and maintain momentum.  Not a bad marketing strategy.

<yawn>
2017-9-28
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a firmware .700 pending for the Spark following the GO 4 .11 update to include a new dynamic home point auto reset when using gesture controls as it states that it will only be compatible with .700 - I think that is what most were expecting at the very least today rather than an ad for a product launched 4 months ago.
2017-9-28
Use props
scorpionro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 211355 ft
United States

Kind of disappointed as well I was really hoping for .700
2017-9-28
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-28 06:25
I'm underwhelmed, but I think I know what DJI was thinking.  The spark has been a success (from an order point of view, others may disagree as far as functionality).  DJI is trying to capitalize on the rollout success and maintain momentum.  Not a bad marketing strategy.

Products that work as advertised and satisfied customers that praise your product and recommend them to others is a marketing strategy.  So far this has been hype that seems to be directed more at existing customers who are already users of their products and following their social media hoping for solutions to the problems they are having.  If the video was all there is to this then it will do more harm than good.
I am still hoping for a FW update before the day is over.
2017-9-28
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

Kansas Boy Posted at 2017-9-28 08:23
Products that work as advertised and satisfied customers that praise your product and recommend them to others is a marketing strategy.  So far this has been hype that seems to be directed more at existing customers who are already users of their products and following their social media hoping for solutions to the problems they are having.  If the video was all there is to this then it will do more harm than good.

The thrill is gone....

2017-9-28
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kansas Boy Posted at 2017-9-28 08:23

You could be right, but then I would think that this current campaign is horribly misguided.
2017-9-28
Use props
cicciopilota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36624 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi 28 is finish but none news from dji
2017-9-28
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
United States

Did they say September 28 of what year?

2017-9-28
Use props
Alitaptap
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149334 ft
  • >>>
United States

4K and 60fps for 1080p.
2017-9-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-28 06:25

I must say it was a lot of fuzz for this video. Even though I liked it.
2017-9-28
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic with 1" 20mp sensor......Ooooh that would make it perfectamondo.
2017-10-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-10-1 07:14
Mavic with 1" 20mp sensor......Ooooh that would make it perfectamondo.

If that will be reality, I am gonna place a pre order today.
2017-10-1
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-1 10:47
If that will be reality, I am gonna place a pre order today.

Its got to come eventually. Some will think that the Mavic is just a fancy Spark although the Spark is the newest. If DJI produced the Mavic with the better camera it would be the best drone out there. It's pretty special anyway but this would open up a whole new world for pilots. The P4P is an excellent machine but just a little too big. The Mavic is perfect in size and perfect to fly around. Even a slightly better camera would make it hard to beat.
2017-10-2
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

I really hope this will be  the end of image transmission issues!
2017-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-10-2 03:31
Its got to come eventually. Some will think that the Mavic is just a fancy Spark although the Spark is the newest. If DJI produced the Mavic with the better camera it would be the best drone out there. It's pretty special anyway but this would open up a whole new world for pilots. The P4P is an excellent machine but just a little too big. The Mavic is perfect in size and perfect to fly around. Even a slightly better camera would make it hard to beat.

Yes, I am having the same doubts here.
I am afraid Phantom size is just to big to carry around.
2017-10-2
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-2 10:20
Yes, I am having the same doubts here.
I am afraid Phantom size is just to big to carry around.

I have a Phantom and a Spark, I have used the Phantom twice and the Spark almost 100 times.  You're right about the size.  I've been thinking of getting a Mavic for better portability with an excellent camera.  It's just so easy to set up the Spark and take off quick!
2017-10-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Javey Posted at 2017-10-2 10:43
I have a Phantom and a Spark, I have used the Phantom twice and the Spark almost 100 times.  You're right about the size.  I've been thinking of getting a Mavic for better portability with an excellent camera.  It's just so easy to set up the Spark and take off quick!

I still can't make up my mind. On the one hand I chose a 'huge' DSLR with 4 primes because of it's quality.
But....
Having to carry a big case like with the Phantom's will probably keep me from taking the bird with me. Or choosing between DSLR / drone.
Then again, Spark is lacking some features I 'need' (25 fps being the most important one).
So indeed, MP looks like the best option for now.
Need to save a bit more.
2017-10-2
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-2 10:50
I still can't make up my mind. On the one hand I chose a 'huge' DSLR with 4 primes because of it's quality.
But....
Having to carry a big case like with the Phantom's will probably keep me from taking the bird with me. Or choosing between DSLR / drone.

what are you outputting your content to? DVD, Bluray, youtube?
2017-10-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-10-3 04:59
what are you outputting your content to? DVD, Bluray, youtube?

I have not tested 30fps footage on my devices, so I don't know if that is an issue or not.

My issue is that I have several camera's and one is fixed in PAL mode (so only shoots 25 or 50 fps).
Combining PAL footage with NTSC does not give the desired result. Even though my editor can make smooth 25fps from Spark footage, it is played at 83...% speed, so it looks unnatural in many cases (when there are people or other moving objects visible)

I've asked around if I could somehow set the cam to NTSC (some Panasonic models have this option hidden in the system menu) so I can have all my footage shot at 30 or 60 fps, but that is not possible with my model. It is set in the boot sector and there is currently no tool available that can flash this.

Selling my camera and buying a new one is one option but that is too expensive since I am very happy with this camera and I won't get back much for it since it is 'already' 3 years old.
2017-10-3
Use props
Malakai_UK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-3 05:50
I have not tested 30fps footage on my devices, so I don't know if that is an issue or not.

My issue is that I have several camera's and one is fixed in PAL mode (so only shoots 25 or 50 fps).

So conform your 30fps down to 25fps, use optical flow and Ill bet my spark no one else sees the difference. Dont be so critical about the framerates. Its about telling the story, little things like this are nothing. Unless you are making big budget movies.
2017-10-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-10-3 06:06
So conform your 30fps down to 25fps, use optical flow and Ill bet my spark no one else sees the difference. Dont be so critical about the framerates. Its about telling the story, little things like this are nothing. Unless you are making big budget movies.

I don't have a Mac so optical flow is no option for me.
I work with Vegas on a PC.
I do have 'resample' but that creates artifacts on the dropped frames.
Good thing you can live with the 30fps, but for me the difference with my test footage is  too noticeable to spend € 900,- or something (with extra batteries etc.).
I will rather save a little longer for a Mavic and get the framerate options or wait for DJI to add 25fps.
(as well as other options)
Still I think it is a missed opportunity to get more out of Spark

2017-10-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-10-3 06:06

PS, do you have footage online that is converted with optical flow?
Curious how it looks.
2017-10-3
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Javey Posted at 2017-10-2 10:43

The comparison between the Spark and Mavic setup and fly time is almost the same. There are a handful of vids out there that show this. The Magic is the sure fire winner in terms of flight, distance and obviously the goggles were made with the Magic in mind. Obviously they work across DJI craft but they have been brilliant since I got them last week. OcuSync is also a bonus with the magic. Pity the weather has been pants since then in the UK...
2017-10-3
Use props
faizee
New
Flight distance : 4196 ft
United Kingdom

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-9-19 20:51
Sphere panorama?

Dear Members,
Can someone please help me out with my DJI spark.
The Gimble is working with Mobile perfectly But not walking with a remote control how can I fix it can anyone help me out please thank you
http://Flat 14, 682-684 London Road
2017-10-5
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

a new drone with a zoom(not digital)
2017-10-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

faizee Posted at 2017-10-5 13:43
Dear Members,
Can someone please help me out with my DJI spark.
The Gimble is working with Mobile perfectly But not walking with a remote control how can I fix it can anyone help me out please thank you

Maybe it is best you start a new thread for this.
2017-10-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules