3152 40 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chrissy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539833 ft
Switzerland

Hello,

When I'm filming I get jerky/choppy videos like the camera wasn't recording for 1 second or 2 and then continues. It mainly happens when I'm filiming with the sport mode, the point of view mode, and as soon as my batterie level is less than 40%.

I do care about the shutter, the ISO, I'm using ND filters, filiming in 4K 24mps, my gimbal is calibered.

What could I do? Any idea where's the problem? I've read a lot of posts and saw youtube videos, however I don't see what's wrong. Could it be due to a lost signal?

Thank you for your help.
2017-9-20
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

Btw...The videos are jerky on my iphone as well as on my computer who can handle the 4k...it's not a computer issue.
2017-9-20
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Upload an example for us to look at.
2017-9-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Do you have an example to show?
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Is it the video file itself or is this a display issue?
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

So, just to verify, it doesn't happen when you fly it in P mode, right? Please check the anti-drop hooks. Then please help to upload an original footage from SD card to Dropbox so we could have a check for it. Thanks.
2017-9-20
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

Ok. Thank you very much. I will provide a clip with the problem! First I will get educated with the video.

It's the video itself, not the display!

Yes, it happens mostly with Sport Mode and Point of view mode. It rarely happens with normal mode.
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Chrissy Posted at 2017-9-21 03:14
Ok. Thank you very much. I will provide a clip with the problem! First I will get educated with the video.

It's the video itself, not the display!

I have to say the jerky issue should be normal with Sport Mode. Anyway, please upload some original videos first, I would recommend you upload two videos which are recorded in different modes for comparison.
2017-9-21
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-20 21:14
So, just to verify, it doesn't happen when you fly it in P mode, right? Please check the anti-drop hooks. Then please help to upload an original footage from SD card to Dropbox so we could have a check for it. Thanks.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXekYjEJA8&t=9s&index=12&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX

Thank you for the answer. I have checked the video and I can assure you I've been doing things accordingly from D1. It mainly happens in sport mode, point of view mode and when I record looking the floor (don't know how to say...like at 6oclock with the gimbal). I will upload the video as soon as possible. Thank you guys for your help.

2017-9-21
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

I was wondering if it could be the SD card writting speed. Today I flew with the panasonic provided with the fly more bundle and I didn't get a jerky video. Other wise I m using this:

https://www.reichelt.com/ch/fr/? ... EAkYESABEgLFBvD_BwE
2017-9-21
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Chrissy Posted at 2017-9-21 11:53
I was wondering if it could be the SD card writting speed. Today I flew with the panasonic provided with the fly more bundle and I didn't get a jerky video. Other wise I m using this:

https://www.reichelt.com/ch/fr/?ARTICLE=196668&PROVID=2788&wt_gacha=23485021002_78233857842&PROVID=2788&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI46O-64a31gIVz73tCh1rfAofEAkYESABEgLFBvD_BwE

That card should be fast enough, unless it's one of those sketchy counterfeit cards that don't actually meet the labelled spec. You could try reformatting the 32gb card in your Mavic and see if it still consistently exhibits the problem.
2017-9-21
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-9-21 15:53
That card should be fast enough, unless it's one of those sketchy counterfeit cards that don't actually meet the labelled spec. You could try reformatting the 32gb card in your Mavic and see if it still consistently exhibits the problem.

I' bought it in a famous electronic swiss shop. In that case I really think it should be original.

When you mean Reformatting, you mean while the card is inside the mavic? Or from the the computer. Because from the mavic s inside I ve no idea how to do it (I'll research tho).
2017-9-21
Use props
djiuser_vpRfmYb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92618 ft
South Africa

I have exactly the same problem. I thought nd filters would be able to fix the choppiness of the video. I have played around with the camera settings and still no luck.
2017-9-21
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Chrissy Posted at 2017-9-21 20:52
I' bought it in a famous electronic swiss shop. In that case I really think it should be original.

When you mean Reformatting, you mean while the card is inside the mavic? Or from the the computer. Because from the mavic s inside I ve no idea how to do it (I'll research tho).

Yes, it should be original, but I've read reports that claim as much as a third of all cards sold are counterfeit!

Reformatting while in the Mavic, accomplished via GO 4 camera settings IIRC.
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Chrissy Posted at 2017-9-21 20:52

We suggest using SD card with Class 10/UHS-1 and above and writing speed with 60Mbps. Please kindly choose original SD card from the SD card company, which can be sure about the full test of its stability and compatibility. If you tried the original SD card that comes with the drone and found no problem, it might be the card should take the responsibility, then you should change the SD card then.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_vpRfmYb Posted at 2017-9-21 23:14
I have exactly the same problem. I thought nd filters would be able to fix the choppiness of the video. I have played around with the camera settings and still no luck.

The choppiness of the original video might be related to many factors, but I personally don't think the filter will be one of them. Please check if there is a strong wind when flying, changing another SD card, make sure that the gimbal is on Follow mode, sometimes the player will also affect it. It would be highly appreciated to provide an original video from the SD card if the problem persists. Thank you.
2017-9-27
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

Sorry for the delay.

Here are 2 vids where you can see it's not clear and choppy. Thank you for your help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/317cxl ... 20%2810%29.MOV?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cifny9 ... 20%2823%29.MOV?dl=0
2017-9-30
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Chrissy Posted at 2017-9-30 07:09
Sorry for the delay.

Here are 2 vids where you can see it's not clear and choppy. Thank you for your help.

I watched the first one. Is it edited video or the original drone footage?
2017-9-30
Use props
N33ko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181368 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-27 01:45
The choppiness of the original video might be related to many factors, but I personally don't think the filter will be one of them. Please check if there is a strong wind when flying, changing another SD card, make sure that the gimbal is on Follow mode, sometimes the player will also affect it. It would be highly appreciated to provide an original video from the SD card if the problem persists. Thank you.

I flew today and for the first time had choppiness in my videos.  I did get wind gusts up to 23 MPH.  Is that the reason for the chop/delay/skip in video?
2017-9-30
Use props
MSAI
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181368 ft
United States

Ok.  This is weird.  I just tried to upload a video to share as an exhibit and it worked flawlessly on YouTube.
2017-9-30
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-9-30 09:34
I watched the first one. Is it edited video or the original drone footage?

Original drone footage.
2017-10-1
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

Chrissy Posted at 2017-10-1 06:07
Original drone footage.

The problem is with the drone not with the settings. Send it to DJI for maintenance.
2017-10-1
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
  • >>>
Kuwait

The video seems like slide show and there is nothing in the settings could lead to such type of recording.
2017-10-1
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-10-1 08:42
The video seems like slide show and there is no thing in the settings could lead to such type of recording.

Fortunately it's not always like that. i don't know why sometime it happens. Today I filmed on a lake and the movie was looking awesome. Do you think I should send it back? Really? Ok! I'll check.
2017-10-1
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-10-1 08:42
The video seems like slide show and there is no thing in the settings could lead to such type of recording.

Thank you for the advice.
2017-10-1
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

It happens when I rotate the drone, when I move forward or backward I dont have that "slideshow" effet...
2017-10-1
Use props
Qoncussion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31867 ft
United States

MSAI Posted at 2017-9-30 15:34
Ok.  This is weird.  I just tried to upload a video to share as an exhibit and it worked flawlessly on YouTube.

@MSAI ~ your computer simply cannot handle the video's bit-rate. YouTube down-samples all videos for streaming. So technically, it's not the same video as the one you viewed on your computer.
2017-10-1
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Sorry for the delay.

Those are both 24fps movies, which are almost always a bit choppy for me -- I'd try 30fps and see if the situation improves.

I'm also a little concerned still about your 64GB memory card -- were these from that card? If so, have you tried the original card to see if there's any difference?
2017-10-1
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-1 10:17
Those are both 24fps movies, which are almost always a bit choppy for me -- I'd try 30fps and see if the situation improves.

I'm also a little concerned still about your 64GB memory card -- were these from that card? If so, have you tried the original card to see if there's any difference?

I cannot film on 4k with 30fps. I m using PAL and I can only see 24fps. I always wondered what should I do to get the 30fps with the 4k?

Those 2 shots were filmed with the card I got with the mavic...
2017-10-1
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Chrissy Posted at 2017-10-1 13:05
I cannot film on 4k with 30fps. I m using PAL and I can only see 24fps. I always wondered what should I do to get the 30fps with the 4k?

Those 2 shots were filmed with the card I got with the mavic...

You can switch to NTSC to get 30fps.
2017-10-1
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-1 13:20
You can switch to NTSC to get 30fps.

Thank you for your help and fast answer.

I had read that I should use PAL because I'm European. Am I wrong?
2017-10-1
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Chrissy Posted at 2017-10-1 21:42
Thank you for your help and fast answer.

I had read that I should use PAL because I'm European. Am I wrong?

If your video is intended to be seen on European broadcast TV, then you may want to use PAL to save a transcoding step. If your video is intended for computer consumption (youtube, etc.) then it doesn't matter.
2017-10-2
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-2 05:06
If your video is intended to be seen on European broadcast TV, then you may want to use PAL to save a transcoding step. If your video is intended for computer consumption (youtube, etc.) then it doesn't matter.

Oh I see. Thank you for your help. I didn't know that.
2017-10-2
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for the delay.

Are you sure these two videos are straight from the SD card? They have black bars on top and bottom, this usually comes from the video cached on the phone. I also see that you are using PAL so maybe thats the cause for the black bars. I just would like to make sure that you know that the cached video on the phone is not the same original footage found on the SD card. On the cached video you can have glitches and image errors because of the transmission signal fluctuations from the drone to the mobile device.
2017-10-2
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-10-2 07:43
Are you sure these two videos are straight from the SD card? They have black bars on top and bottom, this usually comes from the video cached on the phone. I also see that you are using PAL so maybe thats the cause for the black bars. I just would like to make sure that you know that the cached video on the phone is not the same original footage found on the SD card. On the cached video you can have glitches and image errors because of the transmission signal fluctuations from the drone to the mobile device.

Hello. Thank you for your help. Due to the language, maybe I haven't understand you well. Here the process used:

1. Record with the mavic at 4K 24fps PAL 50hz with  8nd dji filter.
2. if I remember well manual camera settings.
3. It was recorded on my SD Panasonic I got with the drone.
4. I put the SD in my computer and transfer the files on my hard disk.
5. I open drop box and download the video there without any modification.
6.  I create a link that I ve copy paste in the forum.

That s it. Im more open to listen to your advice guys. I read and watch many stuff about the mavic in order to not be a newbie when I m posting.

I thought the best camera settings were the one I explained.
2017-10-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MSAI Posted at 2017-9-30 15:34

Then I would think it is the player's issue. Please try another professional player and see will it work.
2017-10-9
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sorry for the delay.

Sorry for a late reply, but I also see choppyness in these clips.
Not sure what causes it.
It is different from framerate issues (at least it does look different).
More like flickering than stuttery motion.
2017-10-9
Use props
mellissabannach
New

China

I met the same situation last week and has been solved by following to the guide: How to Fix Choppy YouTube Video Playback
2017-11-1
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-10-2 05:06

So I just got a new mavic. I've tried with NTSC with 30fps, ND8 filter, manual camera settings, follow mode, no wind. And I ve those shaky videos taken in P mode, especially when I move the camera from left to right. It seems the same problem with than the last mavic.  Backward forward up and down is smooth, side is bad... any idea what could be wrong? It hurts to watch the videos...and I missing sometime great shot. Final words, I ve a power horse computer with a great screen...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mi764p ... %20%283%29.MP4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtlnvk ... %20%282%29.MP4?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iq8gh5 ... %20%281%29.MP4?dl=0
2017-11-1
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Chrissy Posted at 2017-11-1 11:44
So I just got a new mavic. I've tried with NTSC with 30fps, ND8 filter, manual camera settings, follow mode, no wind. And I ve those shaky videos taken in P mode, especially when I move the camera from left to right. It seems the same problem with than the last mavic.  Backward forward up and down is smooth, side is bad... any idea what could be wrong? It hurts to watch the videos...and I missing sometime great shot. Final words, I ve a power horse computer with a great screen...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mi764pgylvahmly/2017.11.01%20Lac%20de%20Bienne%20Jet%C3%A9e%20%283%29.MP4?dl=0

I didn't look at all the videos, just the first -- are all of them still being shot at 24fps?  If so, I still think your problem is you can't pan that fast with such a frame rate. You can test this by reshooting with progressively higher frame rates -- note that anything over 30FPS on the Mavic will offer degraded video quality but improved motion handling.
2017-11-1
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules