Secret key combination to de-brick Mavic RC/remote controller?
2378 4 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Atlantide
New
Flight distance : 196985 ft
Germany

The installation of the latest firmware (v01.04.0000, 2017-09-20) failed with an error, after which the RC controller is bricked and won't connect to anything any more; tried DJI Assistant via USB connection, but no joy.
I wonder if there is a key combination that will reset the controller to a "safe boot" mode from which I can reinstall the firmware again? The Mavic Pro itself is fine (flies via Wifi connection), but the controller is bricked. Any help is appreciated.

Best regards,
Ralph

2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

How does the RC power button perform? And could you please provide me a photo of the RC screen when it is power on? I'd like to have a check.
2017-9-20
Use props
Atlantide
New
Flight distance : 196985 ft
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-20 21:09
How does the RC power button perform? And could you please provide me a photo of the RC screen when it is power on? I'd like to have a check.

Thanks for your reply - I'm just finished with chatting to the DE support, they talked me through all the available key combinations, but it turns out the RC controller is bricked and will need to be sent in for service. Wish me luck.

Cheers,
Ralph
2017-9-21
Use props
rob762x51_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 631280 ft
United States

I'm a new Mavic owner, three days at time of this writing. My app told me I had to update firmware before I could try anything so I tried several methods. What worked for me was a direct connection to aircraft and remote controller using Assistant 2 software. The aircraft update went without issues. The remote controller was a different story.  It got to 60% and stalled. The controller disconnected from the desktop computer. For the next day the controller would not connect to a wireless device or a PC. I then tried another PC. That PC could "see" the remote controller. Then I disconnected the controller and re-connected the controller for various unrelated reasons. The second re-connect failed. The PC refused to "see" the remote controller again. This got me thinking that it was some sort of cache for the USB. I'm not a computer guru by any means, but I looked outside of DJI and drone forms to find that USB devices are cached with details. I downloaded a small free program to ID the DJI controller USB instance, and toggle or delete it. Then reconnected the controller. Somehow this connected the controller and then into DJI Assistant 2, and then completed the firmware update. Now the controller connects to wireless devices and PC.  I have no idea if the free software is good or bad, but it worked for me. Windows "USBDeview" available online from Softonic. I don't know if links to off site services are allowed. The software display all of the devices that have ever connected to your PC. You can soft by access date and time. When the DJI controller is connected it will have the name DJI in the description column. When it's not connected, that description changes to "USB Composite Device." I used the date time to delete three or four items that I thought might be the DJI device. Re-installing a deleted device just has to reload driver software. So I thought I'd take a chance. Note also to NOT delete a keyboard or mouse. But if you do, just dis/re-connect the input device and it should load a generic driver. If you have special drivers, then you'll need those again. I thought I'd place a note somewhere about this, because I couldn't find anything about a orphaned remote controller, or didn't enter the correct search string to find it. DJI has issued a ticket and a return shipping label for me too. Amazon has sent me a brand new controller. But I won't need them- I guess. USBDeview got it running. If you still have your controller any think this string might be adapted to work for you... here's hoping for the best.
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Atlantide Posted at 2017-9-21 02:09
Thanks for your reply - I'm just finished with chatting to the DE support, they talked me through all the available key combinations, but it turns out the RC controller is bricked and will need to be sent in for service. Wish me luck.

Cheers,

OK, hope you can get the RC back soon. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules