4277 40 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bupitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377648 ft
Romania

Hi.

I got a DJI Spark and for now I shoot only 1080p videos.
As I don't stop the recording only when I land, I end up having 12-14 minutes videos that I want to trim, keep only parts, put some transitions between the different scenes and a song in the background.

I know there have been lots of discussions about which is the best software and read all the threads but sincerelly I dont want to test all of them as all have a learning curve and that's time consuming (I read about Filmora, Adobe Premiere, DaVinci Resolve, GoPro Studio, Cyberlink Power Director)

Do you know which is the easiest from those mentioned above that let me cut scenes, put transitions/effects between scenes and add a song to it?
I'm new at editing videos and I'm using a Windows notebook.

Thanks in advance!

Bupitz

PS: as I type I test Filmora, it seems it adds a watermark to the videos in the free version
2017-9-20
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

i just started using Final Cut Pro X so it's too early to say how i like it.  Given you're on a PC, maybe someone on here will recommend something.  Can't wait to see what videos you produce.
2017-9-20
Use props
LOKY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22359 ft
United States

1) You need to convert the SPARK videos from the weird variable 29.97 to constant 29.97 fps first. For that you can use Adobe Media Encoder
2) For free software edition you can use DaVinci Resolve 14 , is free, but , I don't know your level of expertise.

2017-9-20
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Romania

I just watched a beginner's guide on youtube about DaVinci... it seems complicated. I don't want to spend more than 15-20 minutes on the whole process of cutting scenes, select a transition and throw a song on it.
2017-9-20
Use props
Alanzalander
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93009 ft
Germany

I'd like to recommend another very useful program for PC platform that I found. It's called "LosslessCut" and does just that. The program is free, it allows you to save trimmed parts out of any kind of video file without recompression.
2017-9-20
Use props
Anuvis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1976736 ft
Greece

Cyberlink power director 15
2017-9-20
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

I'm wondering! How someone payed so much money for a drone to get great value footage, yet edit them through a free software mostly weak ones.
2017-9-20
Use props
Rawsome
Second Officer
Flight distance : 230827 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Magix movie edit is a breeze and good for beginners. Davinci and Premiere have a steeper learning curve.
2017-9-20
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Romania

Thanks all for the quick replies.
@Ahmed ... it's a matter of principles and priorities.
2017-9-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Ok, spending not minutes, neither hours but most of the time days (in my free time) on a 5 minutes video, I am definitely not the right person to ask... (but yes, Cyberlink Power Director 15 )
2017-9-20
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Romania

Now that I uninstalled Filmora I will give Magix and PowerDirector15 a try. As I saw from Youtube tutorials, Magix could be the one I'm looking for... it looks pretty easy.
Thanks again for all the replies!

In the meantime, just for clarification, I'm looking to make short movies like this one, the creator of that movie is not telling me the software he used
2017-9-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Sorry to say, but with the approach you are taking just forget about ever becoming able to produce a similar clip, as short as it is. It involves a lot more than you apparently imagine. And no software will ever just do it for you...
2017-9-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It might be Davinci he used, as I see some videos about that editor on his channel.
I can assure you this is not a quick edit. Maybe to this user, but he has a ton of editing experience.
(Assuming he is a 'he')
2017-9-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-20 13:28
It might be Davinci he used, as I see some videos about that editor on his channel.
I can assure you this is not a quick edit. Maybe to this user, but he has a ton of editing experience.
(Assuming he is a 'he')

Just look at this:
This guy is a real PRO
2017-9-20
Use props
brasda91
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57159 ft
United States

I'm going from GoPro Studio to VSDC. I've fiddled around a little with VSDC and it is fully-featured.
2017-9-20
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84993 ft
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-20 13:40
Just look at this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEVNap-_s2w
This guy is a real PRO

I need to learn how to edit like that!
2017-9-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

I have just downloaded DaVinci and installed it. Want to see it in action and how it will work with my still limited abilities... But from what I have seen and read, definitely worth a try!
But I don't want to create illusions either. This is professional software which needs time to learn and understand in order to produce good results. No doubt about that.

2017-9-20
Use props
bluesky2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004560 ft
United States

If you use Windows, Microsoft provides its free Movie Maker that can be a good start. Just 2 cents...
2017-9-20
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

bluesky2017 Posted at 2017-9-20 15:20
If you use Windows, Microsoft provides its free Movie Maker that can be a good start. Just 2 cents...

Movie Maker is no longer supported, and no longer downloadable from Microsoft.  Which is a pitty, as simple as it was, it was very extendable.  I extended it greatly and created a lot of high quality (my own opinion) videos.
2017-9-20
Use props
Flaviocc
lvl.2
Brazil

Hi guys!

Waiting here my Spark and looking for video editors.

I tested here Filmora and seems not too difficult.

And comparing Filmora with DaVinci? Which is the most user-friendly?

This guy is really a pro. All his videos are amazing.
2017-9-20
Use props
bothered by bee
New
Australia

Give shotcut a try - free, open source and cross platform with a no fuss interface. Reviewed here on techradar
2017-9-20
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi
I Use Movavi Video Suite
2017-9-20
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

There are so many of them. What counts most is what one feels comfortable with, then good results will emerge with whatever software (almost). Nevertheless some self-training on the software is unavoidable I believe. The starting point is a vision about the story you want to tell...
2017-9-20
Use props
bluesky2017
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004560 ft
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-20 15:25
Movie Maker is no longer supported, and no longer downloadable from Microsoft.  Which is a pitty, as simple as it was, it was very extendable.  I extended it greatly and created a lot of high quality (my own opinion) videos.

It looks like it can be downloaded from http://www.windows-movie-maker.org/
or
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18614/windows-essentials

I can see that Microsoft doesn't support it any more. But it works really well.  I love it.

2017-9-20
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Germany

Hey guys, the author of the video just replied to me. He uses DaVinci Resolve for editing.
@Wachtberger, I agree with you, even if it's a 2 min clip, a lot of work was probably done behind.

I thought at the beginning that I might do similar stuff with little knowledge & time but now I realize that is not possible.

Thanks again for all the replies! I'm just amazed what he got out from a video with the Spark
2017-9-20
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Germany

I will try Shotcut and VSDC ... they seem really simple and straightforward. The winter is coming and I will have some time to play with them. Cheers !!!
2017-9-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

bothered by bee Posted at 2017-9-20 15:55
Give shotcut a try - free, open source and cross platform with a no fuss interface. Reviewed here on techradar

Thanks for that. I did not know Shortcut.
2017-9-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bupitz Posted at 2017-9-20 23:10
I will try Shotcut and VSDC ... they seem really simple and straightforward. The winter is coming and I will have some time to play with them. Cheers !!!

Let me know how you like it. Seems like an easy solution.
2017-9-20
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

bluesky2017 Posted at 2017-9-20 20:51
It looks like it can be downloaded from http://www.windows-movie-maker.org/
or
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18614/windows-essentials

That would be awesome if it remains available.
2017-9-21
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

On an iPad you can't beat iMovie. I ve tried many others whether for iOS or my Win10 laptop and keep going back to iMovie

The one thing iMovie lacks is the ability to speed up a clip. You can slow it down but not speed it up so what I ve been doing is speed clips up in the DJI go app and then use the fast version in iMovie
2017-9-21
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Romania

Back.
I've tried Shotcut and VSDC, they seemed not intuitive. I didn't read any materials nor watched any youtube cause I don't have patience.
If I don't figure it out myself in 10 minutes than it's too complicated.

Then I said I try the Trial Powerdirector and I was amazed how easy it is. In less than 30 minutes I managed to make this video (note that is my first post-processing so don't be harsh on me):

2017-9-22
Use props
randy0331
New

United States

I just wanted to note that your link to Windows Movie Maker points to a known scam: https://www.forbes.com/sites/lee ... to-widespread-scam/

The official installation files remain available through an archived copy at winmoviemaker.com
2018-1-24
Use props
munchausen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 890217 ft
Norway

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-9-20 12:15
I'm wondering! How someone payed so much money for a drone to get great value footage, yet edit them through a free software mostly weak ones.

Free or payed usually has nothing to do with being good or bad, and if someone has payed a lot for a drone already doesn't always mean he has more to spend You can get software for free, but probably not a drone.
2018-1-24
Use props
sj220
New

United States

randy0331 Posted at 2018-1-24 22:22
I just wanted to note that your link to Windows Movie Maker points to a known scam: https://www.forbes.com/sites/leemathews/2017/11/13/windows-movie-maker-searches-lead-to-widespread-scam/

The official installation files remain available through an archived copy at winmoviemaker.com

@randy0331 have you tested the file from https://www.winmoviemaker.com to make sure it is safe?
2018-1-25
Use props
Mrkprrsh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 624797 ft
United States

Give Hitfilm Express 2017 a try(free). Its pretty easy to pick up how it works and should serve your needs well
2018-1-25
Use props
lloydmedley]
New

Alanzalander Posted at 2017-9-20 12:01
I'd like to recommend another very useful program for PC platform that I found. It's called "LosslessCut" and does just that. The program is free, it allows you to save trimmed parts out of any kind of video file without recompression.

Just downloaded this and it's *exactly* what I was after, literally if I was designing the program myself it would be exactly this. Thank you so much!
2019-9-16
Use props
NickEST1987
lvl.4
Flight distance : 587362 ft

Windows movie maker
2019-9-16
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>

I use Filmora, easy, many options etc. Does the editing job perfect for me.

2019-9-16
Use props
tonyburgos
lvl.1

1) You need to convert the  videos from youtuber with https://en.savefrom.net/.
2) For free software edition you can use DaVinci Resolve 14 , is free.
2019-9-19
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

I don't know why you think that capturing beautiful video footage is easy and simple and anyone without knowledge can do it.
Photography is both a profession and a cinematographer.
You can make a video with cheap software and zero knowledge, but it won't be nice and professional.
I have been doing video (events, weddings) for 20 years. I use Grassvalley edius 8.53. Of course, this is something to learn, but I think it's not too difficult. At Davinci, it's much more user-friendly. Its basic function is to mix videos into anything, anything within a project. It can be HD or 4K, it can be 25fps and 29.97 or whatever. The software generates extra frames if needed for smooth video playback. It delivers perfect deceleration without vibration thanks to frame interpolation. The video can be repainted thanks to LUT.
Edius is a very stable software. Very few cases of program freeze have occurred. The Davinci resolve, at me freezes almost every time, and cca. half as rendered as Edius. Edius hardware-accelerated rendering (Intel Quicksync).
I've been using it for 12 years (always the current version) and haven't found a better one so far.
True, it is very expensive but there is another solution ... which I cannot go into detail here.
2019-9-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules