1786 7 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

After doing some homework on LiPo batteries this evening, I decided to check on the health of mine before upgrading the MP firmware to 1.04.0000.   Here's a snap of what I saw on DJI Go:

Notice the total capacity of 3558mAh after 10 cycles.  I then updated the MP to 1.04.0000 and got this:

The total capacity seems to have increased a bit.   My second battery was at around 3500 as well, didn't prompt for a firmware update, and didn't change even after rebooting the MP.

Did we get more flight time here?  If so, how can I update my second battery to do the same?
EDIT:  I just noticed that the design capacity of these things is supposed to be 3830mAh.   How did my numbers get so low after less than 20 cycles?   Does the 3830 include some reserve for protection?  Or are my numbers abnormally low?   I baby these things - I leave them at about 25-30% during the week and fully charge before flying on the weekends.  I also always let them cool before charging or using, and always charge at room temp.    Did I do something wrong and damage them?   Any advice would be appreciated...

LP

Full Batt2 Before FW.jpg
Partial Batt2 After FW.jpg
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This is normal, the total capacity might change due to the ambient environment and the usage of the battery. If you have more than 1 battery and you haven't updated yet, please upgrade the other batteries via the same route that you upgrade the drone.
2017-9-20
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Thor - but the second half of your statement is confusing to me.   I always upgrade the RC and MP firmware through DJI Assistant, following the instructions in the manual - connect RC to pc via USB, turn the RC and the MP on, then start DJI Assistant.   After the upgrade is complete, I disconnect and shut down everything, then install my second battery in the MP and start everything with DJI Go as if I am going to fly.   At that point I usually get a battery upgrade prompt if one is needed.

Are you saying I should to upgrade the firmware to both the RC and the MP AGAIN, only this time using my second battery?

Thanks,
LP
2017-9-21
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

I wasn't prompted to upgrade any battery after this latest update (the previous .100 firmware did).
2017-9-21
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Me neither....which is why I mentioned this.

LP
2017-9-21
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

LeafPeeper Posted at 2017-9-21 06:24
Me neither....which is why I mentioned this.

LP

The cynic in me is thinking the firmware update may have a lot to do with the improved MP Platinum extended flight time and noise reduction specification. Another thread mentions firmware upgrade is required to use the new props on the older MP. There may well be technical reasons to do so, I can't say that I'm convinced thats the case at this point. The prop motor noise at idle is definatly quieter and appears slower following the update.
2017-9-21
Use props
fans7dd440c3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4716404 ft
Czechia

Same happened to me. Battery capacity was about 36xx. After update is about 3810.
2017-9-21
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Neither was I prompted for an update when I put in my second battery, after updating the FW using only the first battery.
2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules