1876 11 2017-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Burak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49731 ft
Turkey

I have a theory about Dji.
They don't like otg with spark and they don't officially announce use of that.

Mavic remote has two usb ports, you can use one for goggles and the other for phone.
Spark remote only has one usb port. If they say otg is the way to go (just like mavic) then goggles might not work stable. Then this means they have misadvertised and are in trouble.

Using wifi instead of two usbs in spark remote was a bad idea and we will be the ones to pay.

OR Dji will tell us "its either goggles or better video" which kind of sucks
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Apologies if this bothers you. I understand your concern. The USB port is only used to connect DJI Goggles, and the function has been fully tested.
2017-9-24
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

So it's goggles or unuseable. Brilliant.
2017-9-24
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

All these threads and talk.
Simplest question in the world.
Why, when a few weeks ago, using wifi, I got a solid 100 metres range, which made me oh so happy, do I now get weak image trasmission at 10 metres or more, redering it useless.  
2017-9-24
Use props
Burak
lvl.1
United States

Yeah, if DJI made this *on purpose* its a shame.
This might draw people away from DJI.

Its only a matter of time some other manufacturer launches a "proper" spark competitor with decent and stable range.
Then lots of customers will start moving in that direction.
2017-9-25
Use props
Burak
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-24 19:36
Apologies if this bothers you. I understand your concern. The USB port is only used to connect DJI Goggles, and the function has been fully tested.

Hi Susan,

Yeah it "DOES" bother me. Lots of people to be honest.
2017-9-25
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

I can't believe what I'm reading here - DJI *officially* announce that OTG doesn't work with Spark.
If so, what the hell took you so long?
and... WHY?
2017-9-25
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

Afaik OTG was never officilly supported, it is not a feature mentioned in the manual as spark seemed to have designed to link the RC to the phone by wifi. I dont see how it is misleading

I only used otg at first but have now swithced to wifi, seems fine aothough i havent had a chance to use it more than a few hundred feet but at that shrt range the connection is perfect
2017-9-25
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

djiuser_Kf4iPA3 Posted at 2017-9-25 04:53
I can't believe what I'm reading here - DJI *officially* announce that OTG doesn't work with Spark.
If so, what the hell took you so long?
and... WHY?

Why ask the question if you already made up your mind your only going to accept one answer. Dji have said all along that OTG was not fully tested or supported, you also purchased your spark in the full knowledge that RC to monitor was connected only by WiFi.

If you were already using OTG and it was working for you why are you so annoyed it took until now to outlaw it, you made a choice to use it because others told you to use it , I think maybe you should go back to those who told you to use it and give them an ear full about misleading you, because dji certainly didn’t.
2017-9-25
Use props
djiuser_Kf4iPA3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 510968 ft
Israel

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-25 08:24
Why ask the question if you already made up your mind your only going to accept one answer. Dji have said all along that OTG was not fully tested or supported, you also purchased your spark in the full knowledge that RC to monitor was connected only by WiFi.

If you were already using OTG and it was working for you why are you so annoyed it took until now to outlaw it, you made a choice to use it because others told you to use it , I think maybe you should go back to those who told you to use it and give them an ear full about misleading you, because dji certainly didn’t.

You're right, I shouldn't be blaming them. It's a misunderstanding on my part.
I do get intermittent connection sometimes, now I'm not even sure whether they were OTG issues, or whether OTG wasn't used by my RC in the first place and the issues were wifi ones... I'll have to look more carefully at the indicators.
Anyway, it's an issue for me. in Israel the 5.8 wifi is restricted, I'm forced to used the 2.4 spectrum which is very narrow with lots of potential interference. an OTG connection, when working properly, is much more reliable. Also, every time before I fly I would have to change the settings on my phone so as not to search for an alternative wifi with internet connection, to prevent overheating and wasted battery power. big nuisance.
2017-9-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Germany

My theory is much more simple:

The Spark needs to be of lower spec as the mavic.
If it would work as good as the mavic, who would still pay double for it?
And is understandable, isnt it?
2017-9-25
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

PascalG Posted at 2017-9-25 05:05
Afaik OTG was never officilly supported, it is not a feature mentioned in the manual as spark seemed to have designed to link the RC to the phone by wifi. I dont see how it is misleading

I only used otg at first but have now swithced to wifi, seems fine aothough i havent had a chance to use it more than a few hundred feet but at that shrt range the connection is perfect

i use OTG for one reason, because i'm not going to put up with a 1/2 to a full second lag in the video feed (even worse on 2.4ghz).  If you only fly up high taking landscape pictures, it's workable, but for close-in flying where you are following a subject or trying to catch something on camera its a huge PITA.  
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules