Slow spark, wont go above 7mph
5137 10 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

did two quick test flights this morning with my newly received spark (second one).  Only problem is that in a straight line, an in non sport mode, the spark wont go over 6.7mph. No problem in sports mode where it tops at over 30mph

Checked the settings,  beginner mode is off, no errror message.  All firmwware and app updated yesterday, imu, compass and controller calibrated as well.

Using RC via wifi, ios version of app

What am i missing?
2017-9-21
Use props
Cosmic Moto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19534 ft
United Kingdom

In P mode its limited to 6.7 mph because of the object avoidance.

I would say its working as it should but i am very new myself.
2017-9-21
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is working exactly as DJI designed it.  In normal GPS mode with full sensors enabled, 6.7 mph is tops.  You can disable the forward obstacle sensing, then its maximum speed will top out at 13.4 mph.  As you noted, Sports mode tops out at around 30mph.

Check out pg 9:    https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+V1.4.pdf
2017-9-21
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

Thanks. I just did a google search and that seem to be reason.  I had searched th forum before posting but the search engine isnt as good as a basic google.

I never used obstacle sensor on the first one and forgot to disable it on this one.  

And to think i had re read the manual last night...
2017-9-21
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Kloo Gee confirmed what I was about to respond.  As per design
2017-9-21
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

PascalG Posted at 2017-9-21 06:45
Thanks. I just did a google search and that seem to be reason.  I had searched th forum before posting but the search engine isnt as good as a basic google.

I never used obstacle sensor on the first one and forgot to disable it on this one.  

I've been through the manual a million different times and still find new nuggets in there I hadn't digested previously.
2017-9-21
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

When you go to the controller settings in the DJi app and you tap on the top of the first window, there is a bar at the botom of the next window where you can change your speed, or is this just for the turnings?
Maybe something went wrong with this?, just trying to help..
IMG_1756.jpg
IMG_1757.jpg
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry that the forum's search is not that great. Please try "site:forum.dji.com <search term>" on Google.
2017-9-22
Use props
TomiToivonen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 722343 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Thanks JMR58.
I did upgrade all today and after that I had the same issue. Speed was about half way and drone was really slow.
2018-8-27
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Well yes .. Search is a kind of knowledge ...   
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=DJI+Spark+flying+speeds
4. hit
2018-8-27
Use props
FlyMaine
lvl.3
Flight distance : 389482 ft
United States

Kloo Gee Posted at 2017-9-21 06:41
That is working exactly as DJI designed it.  In normal GPS mode with full sensors enabled, 6.7 mph is tops.  You can disable the forward obstacle sensing, then its maximum speed will top out at 13.4 mph.  As you noted, Sports mode tops out at around 30mph.

Check out pg 9:    https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/20170727/Spark+User+Manual+V1.4.pdf

Thanks so much, Kloo Gee. I’ve been wanting to get some extra speed without going into Sport Mode which is way too fast for me and now I know how to do it!
2018-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules