Inspire Spiral of Death - Is this a manufacture issue?
1880 19 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
F4D Studio
lvl.1
Flight distance : 706906 ft
United States

I was flying my inspire and it was directly above me only 147ft and went into a spiral and crashed directly to the ground. Can a DJI rep help me to determine if this is a manufacturing issue or not? I have exported all flight records if someone can help.

2017-9-21
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Inspire 1 or 2?
Do you have any video of the incident, maybe from the cache on your mobile device? Could you share the flight logs please?

Mark G.
2017-9-21
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

You can upload your flight log here and post the link here afterwards. http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-9-21
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

Skyclip Posted at 2017-9-21 10:48
You can upload your flight log here and post the link here afterwards. http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Or upload to DropBox and share a link.
2017-9-21
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Does the wrecked damage look like a motor slid off the end of the support tube during flight and not cracked off?
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Sorry to hear on your Inspire. Please consider uploading your flight records so we can evaluate  your aircraft. If the aircraft is heavily damaged, please send it in so our techs can evaluate this. You can call customer service to begin the process.
2017-9-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your loss and assuming you have the Inspire 2. Please provide us with more information about the incident, logs, video, photos etc. I am sure that DJI will help you sort this out. We would like to help you understand what happened also

Thanks in advance for sharing as much information as possible
Rich
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

In addition, you can contact our support through this link and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. If your RC and the battery was not damaged, you can just send your AC back for further check.
2017-9-21
Use props
ShinN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111791 ft
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-21 12:15
Does the wrecked damage look like a motor slid off the end of the support tube during flight and not cracked off?

Hi i have the death spiral too, and looking at the wreck, one arm was completely briken and the other looked like an engine slid off.  I can post the link to my flight record later
2020-4-17
Use props
ShinN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 111791 ft
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-9-21 12:15

Hi i have the death spiral too, and looking at the wreck, one arm was completely briken and the other looked like an engine slid off.  I can post the link to my flight record later
FE37E4E2-EF1E-4E27-858B-FD0A6A9B1B36.jpeg
2020-4-17
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Jersey

ShinN Posted at 4-17 18:05
Hi i have the death spiral too, and looking at the wreck, one arm was completely briken and the other looked like an engine slid off.  I can post the link to my flight record later

Is there any damage/impact marks on that motor?
2020-4-19
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3294770 ft
United States

Based on photo above - Looks like a classic case of "motor arm" loosening and eventually falling off.   The glue between carbon fiber connection becomes brittle and will loosen overtime.

But need more data.....
2020-4-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Joecos Posted at 4-19 10:18
Based on photo above - Looks like a classic case of "motor arm" loosening and eventually falling off.   The glue between carbon fiber connection becomes brittle and will loosen overtime.

But need more data.....

What classic case!? It's a myth, a legend reported ONCE (!) by a Russian Youtuber and never convincingly proved that indeed the motors are disengaging mid flight due to a faulty glueing or design. Possible, but unlikely. What is happening on impact is another story ...
2020-4-19
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-19 12:53
What classic case!? It's a myth, a legend reported ONCE (!) by a Russian Youtuber and never convincingly proved that indeed the motors are disengaging mid flight due to a faulty glueing or design. Possible, but unlikely. What is happening on impact is another story ...

I'm not here to debate with you @Matthew D.   I simply pointed out what looks to be an arm detachment from the motor based on  the photo's above and from what I've read from Forum and YT.  I dont know for sure, its just my opinion.    Of course need more information from the pilot.
2020-4-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Joecos Posted at 4-20 07:00
I'm not here to debate with you @Matthew D.   I simply pointed out what looks to be an arm detachment from the motor based on  the photo's above and from what I've read from Forum and YT.  I dont know for sure, its just my opinion.    Of course need more information from the pilot.

Glad you don't attempt to argue ... Such conclusions are driving me crazy, I must confess. "OMG, look, the motor is detached!!! That's what happen!!!" ... Of course it's detached, what do you expect after 5kg structure of this kind smashed the ground!? Ugh ...
2020-4-20
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-20 12:28
Glad you don't attempt to argue  ... Such conclusions are driving me crazy, I must confess. "OMG, look, the motor is detached!!! That's what happen!!!" ... Of course it's detached, what do you expect after 5kg structure of this kind smashed the ground! Ugh ...

What ever you say Matthew D
2020-4-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-20 12:28
Glad you don't attempt to argue  ... Such conclusions are driving me crazy, I must confess. "OMG, look, the motor is detached!!! That's what happen!!!" ... Of course it's detached, what do you expect after 5kg structure of this kind smashed the ground! Ugh ...

It could be a the prop balance helping it along too... I wonder if the ultimate drone kit would keep this from happening. I guess if this is a factory defect, nothing would help

so sad to hear these problems are continuing  on a mature product.

Rich
2020-4-23
Use props
Joecos
lvl.4
United States

I added the Ultimadrone "Safety Kit" from Atellani on mine just to be on the safe side.   I still check my Inspire's arms, i do a quick gentle twist to make sure it is nice and tight.
2020-4-23
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Meantime ShinN stated on FB that the accident was caused by ESC failure, accordingly to DJI...
2020-4-23
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 4-23 20:21
Meantime ShinN stated on FB that the accident was caused by ESC failure, accordingly to DJI...

well that's a different story … cant stay in the air if the ESC fails...  "not sure if redundancy is going to help either"

Rich
2020-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules