Spark and Samsung tab A compatibility
2745 4 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tom39
lvl.1
United States

I am new to the forum and today is day 4 since I got my Spark and first ever drone.
My first few flights (about 5) I have been using my cell phone (Samsung S7). IMO the video is ok but the screen is just too small for me to use comfortably. Additionally I am also getting aircraft disconnect error messages which leads me to believe that I may have a connection issue between the phone and RC. In an effort to improve visibility and the connection issues, I was considering the use of my Samsung tab A and a micro usb to micro usb cable. Before I make a mistake that could result in damage or loss. I thought that I would ask to see is someone else has tried to use a Samsung Tab A, if they had any issues while using it and whether or not it is capable of handling the video and data feed?
Additionally, during my search for the answer to my question I found a thread with a post that the Spark RC is not compatible or capable of utilizing a corded connection (OTG cable) between the RC and a display device (phone/tablet).  
Thank you in advance for your help and advice,
Tom
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I understand your concern, but the mobile device you referred has not been fully tested and we can not ensure the stability. Take care when you test the performance.

Also, OTG cable is not recommended to connect RC as it has not been fully tested, please kindly note.
2017-9-22
Use props
SpecOps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68146 ft
Singapore

I am using  9.7' Tab A. Works fine generally. Disconnect if signal is weak. Can use OTG cable but you will need to restart for it to work. The graphics for channel display is garbled.
2017-9-23
Use props
Bright Spark
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Try reading the thread marked OTG currently sitting a few lines after this one .
2017-9-23
Use props
Tom39
lvl.1
United States

Thank you both for your help and advice. I have tried the Samsung Tab A mini (wifi only) since my first post and had found that the lag time is about 3-4 sec, which is even worse than my S7 phone. I did not try to use the OTG cable as I didn't want to take any chances that could result in damages or loss.
I have however, tried an iPhone 5s and my wife's iPad Air 2 and as much as I hate to admit it, I am going to have to give up on Android for this application and obtain an Apple product.

Thank you both again for your help and advice,
Tom
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules