3492 15 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chrissy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 539833 ft
Switzerland

Hello Mavic Fans,

Many questions lately. Thank you for your help.

I bought this ND 32 filter : http://www.dronevalley.com/store ... ilter_Lens_Kit.html

However, when I put it on, my gimbal cannot initialize and it says the motor is overcharger/overweight!?!? I read on other forums that some people had that same issue. However, I couldn't find a way to fix this problem. I had read good reviews on those filter, and since I only needed the ND32 I thought I'd give it a try. However, now I cannot use these.

Any idea what's the problem? Could someone help me?

Lastely...is a ND64 necessary to film on snow?
2017-9-21
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried putting the filter after the gimbal initializes instead of before?
2017-9-21
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-9-21 12:36
Have you tried putting the filter after the gimbal initializes instead of before?

No. I thought it would be bad for the mavic. But if you advice so I could try.
2017-9-21
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... you should have bought Polar Pro filters, no problems with gimbal initialize with them attached...
2017-9-21
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chrissy Posted at 2017-9-21 20:53
No. I thought it would be bad for the mavic. But if you advice so I could try.

Im only saying that because I have seen other threads talking about this same issue. There are certain filters that are either too heavy or to large and hits the frame while initializing. The solution has been to put it after initialization. I also think that this will be bad for the gimbal on the long run because you will be forcing the motors a lot while trying to install it. My real sugestion is to get the Polar Pro or similar quality filter and avoid using filter that cause trouble. I use the Polar Pro ones, I like to put them on and take them off with the gimbal clamp in place. Like that the lense is secure and you will not be tugging and pushing on the gimbal too much.
2017-9-21
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I don't know how many people are successfully using those filters, but I personally would not use them. It is possible that the filter is not allowing the gimbal to move in its normal startup check and that is not good. The reason may be that the gimbal is a fraction too large or it is too heavy. If you persist, you may end up damaging the gimbal.
Both Polarpro and Taco make an ND32 that will work correctly.
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The performance can not be ensured when use the third party ND Filters. Please take care and do not damage the gimbal camera.  
2017-9-22
Use props
Chrissy
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-22 01:26
The performance can not be ensured when use the third party ND Filters. Please take care and do not damage the gimbal camera.

Oh my bad. I didn't really notice it was a third part filter. Exit those...welcome the dji's one (like my others).
2017-9-22
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

return it,

I am of the understanding that drone valley is a pretty reputable company.  
The accessories I have gotten from them have been good.
2017-9-22
Use props
fans38201e1a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161811 ft
Australia

G'day mate
Return it.
Either Polar Pro or PGYTECH can do it well. (PGYTECH is cheaper) . I got both from stores.ebay.com.au/saychobbies
2017-9-25
Use props
TJAUS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16683 ft
Australia

Yes, I got the same brand (Sunnylife), not from the same place and have the same issue. They do not allow startup calibration without jamming on the gimbal. Assume if you need to put on after startup, it would be worthwhile putting the gimbal clamp back on whilst you do it. The Polar Pro and PGYTech filters look the same as these; do they fit more snuggly on the camera and allow full rotation?
2017-9-25
Use props
TJAUS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16683 ft
Australia

fans38201e1a Posted at 2017-9-25 17:38
G'day mate
Return it.
Either Polar Pro or PGYTECH can do it well. (PGYTECH is cheaper) . I got both from stores.ebay.com.au/saychobbies

Another Aussie!!
Did you find that they both sat over the camera without jamming on the gimbal? I feel the problem with the OP's brand (same as mine) is that they are so tight its hard to seat them home on the camera and therefore it sits proud and jams.
2017-9-25
Use props
I love Drones
lvl.2
Taiwan

I have been using Freewell no issues with gimbal calibration http://amzn.to/2yqaw9x
2017-9-26
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I use PGYTech and my gimball became crazy with this guy on!!!!
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-9-26 03:20
I use PGYTech and my gimball became crazy with this guy on!!!!

Please remove it and review the camera to see whether it works well.
2017-9-27
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-27 01:24
Please remove it and review the camera to see whether it works well.

Dear Susan,

That is the way I will do next time I fly.
Thanks a lot!
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules