Low and slow over water.
1517 12 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162444 ft
Canada

Decided to mess with the bird a bit. Have eyed up this location numerous times and in light of my spark sitting in a box and the irony of not using the spark to avoid losing the spark has prodded me to try and revisit the thing.

So....low and slow in tripod over water. No line of sight after the first minute or so. The rth near the end illustrates how far the footage was obtained fpv only.

Not great but at least the thing is in the air.

2017-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice flight and a beautiful place
2017-9-21
Use props
Jr 5542
lvl.3
United States

Cool video.Loved the location..
2017-9-21
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice job, hope you regain some of the fire.  Don’t sweat the hobby so much and just enjoy the moments. Once I stopped worrying so much I really found myself enjoying this much more.
2017-9-21
Use props
larrymull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

Beautiful work
2017-9-21
Use props
Kloo Gee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Beautiful area!
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

A great place. Thanks for sharing with us! But why do you fly so closely to the water, just for fun? Take care.
2017-9-22
Use props
ThirdEyeFlyin'
lvl.2
Flight distance : 162444 ft
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-22 01:07
A great place. Thanks for sharing with us! But why do you fly so closely to the water, just for fun? Take care.

Just for fun yes. I am intrigued with the "floating eye" potential of the spark because of it's small size. I've seen many videos of the spark floating through forest settings and such and it's a cool effect.

The spark seems a little "floaty" over water but was well behaved otherwise. Over fast moving, rippling water it actually floated along in the air at a slightly slower pace than the water but in the same direction as the flow.
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ThirdEyeFlyin' Posted at 2017-9-22 09:28
Just for fun yes. I am intrigued with the "floating eye" potential of the spark because of it's small size. I've seen many videos of the spark floating through forest settings and such and it's a cool effect.

The spark seems a little "floaty" over water but was well behaved otherwise. Over fast moving, rippling water it actually floated along in the air at a slightly slower pace than the water but in the same direction as the flow.

Thanks for clarification. Good luck.
2017-9-27
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

Great video, I enjoyed it!  Nothing like the wilderness.
2017-9-27
Use props
DMY
lvl.2
Philippines

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-22 01:07

I have both a Mavic and Spark. How high should I fly it over water with VPS on to be safe?

VPS operating range (based on internet search) for Mavic is 13 meters and 30 meters for Spark (can you please confirm these).  Thus, if I am flying higher than that, is it safe to leave VPS on?

Your reply would be greatly appreciated.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DMY Posted at 2017-9-27 23:53
I have both a Mavic and Spark. How high should I fly it over water with VPS on to be safe?

VPS operating range (based on internet search) for Mavic is 13 meters and 30 meters for Spark (can you please confirm these).  Thus, if I am flying higher than that, is it safe to leave VPS on?

Confirm you are correct. Beyond the altitude, the VPS will not work well, and it depends on the GPS signal.
2017-9-28
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302316 ft
Norway

remember spark cannot swim haha
2017-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules