1370 19 2017-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiswede
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8192 ft
United States

Hi,

So I've been thinking about what drone I should get as an upgrade from my p3s and after talking to some people here on the forum I decided I should go with Spark, the flymore combo. I was about to place an order then I checked and saw that a refurbished mavic is 799, I'm using my drone for fun, to take cool pics and videos if I go somewhere cool. I'm not a professional photographer but still, I like to have good gadgets.

Do you suggest the spark, or mavic?
2017-9-21
Use props
PHL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

Depends on how you use it, and what you expect. If you want something small in flight, not going to fly it far, and don't mind a drop in resolution from the P3, then the Spark works. If you want 4K, then the Mavic, which does fold down pretty small, but required a remote.
2017-9-21
Use props
djiswede
lvl.1
United States

PHL Posted at 2017-9-21 18:40
Depends on how you use it, and what you expect. If you want something small in flight, not going to fly it far, and don't mind a drop in resolution from the P3, then the Spark works. If you want 4K, then the Mavic, which does fold down pretty small, but required a remote.

True!
But is it bad to buy a refurb one?
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The refurbished units enjoy the same warranty as the new one. No worries.
2017-9-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Refurb is great with price and warranty , both are great fun but Mavic has a lot more to offer, I say at that price Mavic .
2017-9-21
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mavic has the better hand when it comes to photo / video capabilities.
And flight time is (much) better.
Batteries are more expensive though.
For that money a MP would be mine for sure.
Too bad we don't have refurbished option in NL (not that I am aware of)
2017-9-21
Use props
Scott Ferguson
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1425223 ft
United States

I would vote mavic simply because of the range. Always better to have it and not need it rather than needing it and not having it!
2017-9-22
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

I have both.  The Spark is my 'party drone' - short range,  fun shots. The Mavic is the one I travel with - for the shot you really don't want to miss.
2017-9-22
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I love to fly, so for me, this is a no-brainer - Mavic wins hands down - flys more, shots better, smaller to carry.... the only downfall is price If You can afford it - go for it!
2017-9-22
Use props
djiswede
lvl.1
United States

Okay thanks all! Sounds good.
Is it very hard to fly? Since it is a professional drone?
2017-9-22
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiswede Posted at 2017-9-22 06:40

No harder than the spark and since you've had a p3 there is no problem, the mavic is very stable but quick
2017-9-22
Use props
Mari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Mavic is easy to fly...
2017-9-22
Use props
djiswede
lvl.1
United States

Alright, but I will probably get the refurb, because a new one is above my price point! Thanks
2017-9-22
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Mavic! No doubt!
2017-9-22
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both, I fly the Spark more as its just easier to throw in the air without people gawking.  Like them both.
2017-9-22
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiswede Posted at 2017-9-22 06:40

I fly the rescue squad's P3S a good bit (it's stored at my house) plus I own both a Mavic and a Spark. All three fly equally easy. Even my 8 yo grandson flies all three and says they're about the same to fly. You should have no problems at all.
2017-9-22
Use props
Papaulo.martins
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2141201 ft
Brazil

Mavic pro fly more
2017-9-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

both are fantastic drones..  both are built for different uses however..

people claiming mavic is more of a travel drone.. i say it is the OG travel drone, but not the only one, the spark is an amazing drone for traveling as well now!

what i say this.. the spark is faster and easier to get from off position to up in the air and start getting video/shots..

the mavic has better battery life and range, the best unmodified range.  

the spark i think is great if you just want to explore directly around you or you wish to use it at a gathering/family event..

the mavic is great if you want a drone to explore at great distance and get shots in much higher resolutions and with manual controls and options.. (prosumer stuff)

if i had the money to just burn right now, i would happily own both for each of their uses.. but having a limitation on how much i can freely spend, i decided mavic is my best option, i owned the spark twice over, genuinely great drone, but ultimately the drone for me was the mavic pro

.. will be some stuff i miss about the spark, like its size, and ease of use, and its so ready to go all the time.. built to launch from palm and land in palm.. mavic in comparison is a bit of a chore, have to unfold it, undo locks on gimbal and globe and can't realistic shouldn't hand launch or land, but i have in a pitch, and its quite violent compared to the spark..

as for refurb or new.. if you get it directly from Dji refurbished, i would say do it!  as for fly more package.. depends how much it costs.. if you can even get it as a refurb package.. if you cant, then its no big deal, just buy a spare battery when you can afford it...the case they give you is valued at $50, i suggest getting a better case for $50.. pelican makes a nice glass fiber reinforced plastic impact hard case for $60 thats water resistant and you can pad lock it if you travel..
2017-9-22
Use props
fansee4c6d6f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United Kingdom

Get the Mavic. Its the better choice at that price point.
2017-9-24
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Think of RC wifi ( FCC or CE ).

It's no more fair to compare Spark to Mavic. Spark became a real Selfi drone where RC wifi CE is ( 300m-500m). Mavic RC wifi CE is (4000m).

2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules