Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

How do you manage to get 1100m with the 3standard?  I've had nowhere near that
2017-9-29
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

i haved used icarus app to change the power og the rc and ac signal from 20 to 27.it means that its sending mutch more signal out
2017-9-29
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Flight distance : 808091 ft
Australia

Did a downgrade firm ware today 1.8.10 DJI  , l did notice there was 2 versions , 0ne had  (JogjaSky) tagged on it , whats with this ?  anyway height to 58 meters .  still not hitting the 120 mark . now Go app wants me to update firm were 1.9.20 , should just give in  and just litchi app for distance   Alex
2017-9-29
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

Your distance is ridiculously low. I doubt very much it's a software issue.
2017-9-29
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-9-29 23:48
Your distance is ridiculously low. I doubt very much it's a software issue.

did a reinstall of antennas wires overnight , just did a height flight from home and got 63 meters , mined you there could alot of outside wifi happening around me , So of to the beach later and check if any improvements  - Alex
2017-9-30
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

Altech Posted at 2017-9-30 16:47
did a reinstall of antennas wires overnight , just did a height flight from home and got 63 meters , mined you there could alot of outside wifi happening around me , So of to the beach later and check if any improvements  - Alex

Make sure you are not testing height by flying straight up or in the immediate vicinity from where you are standing. The space above you is a dead spot if you are holding the controller normally.
2017-9-30
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

DroneSmeg Posted at 2017-9-30 21:16
Make sure you are not testing height by flying straight up or in the immediate vicinity from where you are standing. The space above you is a dead spot if you are holding the controller normally.

thanks for that info DroneSmeg,  dead space didn't know about that and Yes all my test have been straight up  cheers Alex
2017-9-30
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

Hi Guys, better day at beach, 89 meters in height, happy with that. Distance 734 meters .  Could be the area where I'm flying , may have go inland somewhere .  still better than before  cheers Alex
2017-10-1
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

Hmmm , I looking at the AirData site on my flights  , as you can see something wrong here with the RC and drone talking to each other.

log1

log1

log2

log2
2017-10-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Altech Posted at 2017-10-2 16:07
Hmmm , I looking at the AirData site on my flights  , as you can see something wrong here with the RC and drone talking to each other.

Unfortunately those indicators are on a JPEG image, so we have no way of actually knowing what they mean. Phantomhelp gives a much more informative translation of your flight logs. BTW, where are you flying from? Obviously the beach, but in Port Phillip Bay?

Never mind, I just took a quick look and see you are flying from Wooley's Beach at Crib Point. There does not appear to be much at that location that could be providing interference, but in any event, take a look at the radio channel display in the Go App and see if there are sgnals present on other channels.

2017-10-2
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Be sure your phones wifi is turned off if your using a tablet or another device for flying. The multiple devices can access the ac's wifi simultaneously screwing up signals to and from the aircraft.  Been there done that.
2017-10-2
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

stuka75 Posted at 2017-10-2 18:49
Be sure your phones wifi is turned off if your using a tablet or another device for flying. The multiple devices can access the ac's wifi simultaneously screwing up signals to and from the aircraft.  Been there done that.

It would not be an issue where he is flying. No WiFi around there as far as I can tell.
2017-10-2
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

stuka75 Posted at 2017-10-2 18:49

Yes always leave my phone in the car , but I do hear where your coming from because the phone in car will pick up the controller, as it has that in it's wifi connection ,  Note to self turn off wifi on phone
2017-10-2
Use props
fans58afe77c
New
Flight distance : 4646 ft
United States

Alex, I bought a refurbished P3S and had the same problem you are/were having. I tried everything DJI told me to and still couldn't get the drone to fly very far before it wanted to return to home, so I sent it back to DJI under warranty and they fixed it. I mean they really fixed it bro. It flies like a champ now. They said they had to switch out my RC. Now I can fly farther than I care to because I would lose sight of the drone. I use a Galaxy S8+ and the Litchi app mostly, but I do use the DJI GO app sometimes too. No problems. Or should I say, no worries!
2017-10-14
Use props
droneLIVEaction
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75443 ft
Australia

fans58afe77c Posted at 2017-10-14 19:03
Alex, I bought a refurbished P3S and had the same problem you are/were having. I tried everything DJI told me to and still couldn't get the drone to fly very far before it wanted to return to home, so I sent it back to DJI under warranty and they fixed it. I mean they really fixed it bro. It flies like a champ now. They said they had to switch out my RC. Now I can fly farther than I care to because I would lose sight of the drone. I use a Galaxy S8+ and the Litchi app mostly, but I do use the DJI GO app sometimes too. No problems. Or should I say, no worries!

what country are you flying in?  
2017-10-14
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

droneLIVEaction Posted at 2017-10-14 19:20
what country are you flying in?

Dronelive , Me ,I'm in Downunder  or Fans58  U.S ,A
2017-10-14
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

One way to diagnose your issue is to try another controller. Since  yours is second hand and has a range extender added, sending it in may cause issues at the dji end. Some have reported the tx being swapped out at dji go. You definitely have an issue that needs resolving. Assuming no other devices are connected to the drone wifi, and your not flying over your head, something is amiss.
the latest firmware version works=s great for most. Problems there seem to be in poor or failed updates.
2017-10-14
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

stuka75 Posted at 2017-10-14 20:42
One way to diagnose your issue is to try another controller. Since  yours is second hand and has a range extender added, sending it in may cause issues at the dji end. Some have reported the tx being swapped out at dji go. You definitely have an issue that needs resolving. Assuming no other devices are connected to the drone wifi, and your not flying over your head, something is amiss.
the latest firmware version works=s great for most. Problems there seem to be in poor or failed updates.

Yes you might be right, So I have ordered one and it's on it's way .  cheers Alex
2017-10-14
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd remove that 'range extender' and revert to stock.  
2017-10-14
Use props
droneLIVEaction
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75443 ft
Australia

Altech Posted at 2017-10-14 20:22
Dronelive , Me ,I'm in Downunder  or Fans58  U.S ,A

same im in sydney

im sending mine back to dji soon,  i used a wind surfer and got almost twice the range.... but it only sits on and when it falls off,  well RTH and look out for those trees,,  almost crashed because of that today...
2017-10-14
Use props
Altech
Second Officer
Australia

droneLIVEaction Posted at 2017-10-14 23:48
same im in sydney

im sending mine back to dji soon,  i used a wind surfer and got almost twice the range.... but it only sits on and when it falls off,  well RTH and look out for those trees,,  almost crashed because of that today...

Yes Windsurfer have ordered two for my New Drone P3-4K that has two antennas ,but works in same way as the Phantom Standard . Yeps better for Range . cheers Alex
2017-10-15
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

seems to get better range and faster when using ipad rather than android rather substantial but it dosent log your flight only setback
2017-10-15
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Hi Alt.. Everything's been said. After P3S manual post and your video post, which I thought was excellent. I got all I needed. Thanks
2017-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules