SD card error
16698 17 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
driverseat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

- Bought new 64 Gb micro SD card. - Std quick formated.
- Downloaded latest .bin file (firmware) (leave this .bin file on sd card)

- As soon as my bird is flying and I started filming I've got the message "SD card error, replace it"
Am I doing something wrong ? Should I remove the .bin file or something like this? Will the Firmware installed into the Ph hardware or is he reading every time I'll start flying ?
Thnks for any reply in advance.
2017-9-22
Use props
FuZZyPiLOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1353215 ft
United States

The SD card should not have the firmware file on it.

Please reference here for how to update firmware:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=2#pid579571
2017-9-22
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try formatting from the DJI Go 4 app. That puts all the files and folders on the card that the drone wants to see.
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know which drone do you refer? How about switching to the original SD card?
2017-9-25
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-25 01:46
May I know which drone do you refer? How about switching to the original SD card?

Hi Susan,

I'm flying the P3se.

But as adviced earlier to remove both .bin files from the msd card my problem is solved. Thnks. for your help.

Regards,
P
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

driverseat Posted at 2017-9-26 23:55
Hi Susan,

I'm flying the P3se.

Glad to hear that you have figured it out. Enjoy it and happy flying!
2017-9-28
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

Hi, who will/can help me with a problem still happening. During the flight I want to make pic's and movies. There is an (10) 64 Gb formatted SD card into the drone. Via the DJI menu on the Tab I can start filming. No problem so far, but as soon as I want to stop filming and tip the red (stop) button on the Tab nothing happening and filming goes on. After I pushed the button twice I've still got the message "SD card error, please replace it". I have to bring my drone down, switch him of and start again, than will work until the next time. Latest firmware is installed, tried another SD -card with the same outcome. Is there anyone who has the same issue and what can I do about it?  For your hel thanks in advance.
2018-1-8
Use props
fansf4dabccc
New
United States

driverseat Posted at 2018-1-8 01:12
Hi, who will/can help me with a problem still happening. During the flight I want to make pic's and movies. There is an (10) 64 Gb formatted SD card into the drone. Via the DJI menu on the Tab I can start filming. No problem so far, but as soon as I want to stop filming and tip the red (stop) button on the Tab nothing happening and filming goes on. After I pushed the button twice I've still got the message "SD card error, please replace it". I have to bring my drone down, switch him of and start again, than will work until the next time. Latest firmware is installed, tried another SD -card with the same outcome. Is there anyone who has the same issue and what can I do about it?  For your hel thanks in advance.

I'm getting the same error... for seemingly no reason.
2018-2-2
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

Hi Fans... Into the first period I was flying P3s the same problem occured. After a long search and many assistant and help, at least my problem was solved by the following;

I had installed a 64 Gb micro SD card into the P3s. But two things to remind of....

1. The Ph3s accept only an 32 Gb micro SD card class 10 and....
2. Don't format the micro SD card into your PC but do this when it is put into your Phantom drone, connect it via USB cable into your PC and then format the card as NTFS format.

Hope it will work. Good luck.
driverseat
2018-2-2
Use props
Brisan
New
Canada

driverseat Posted at 2018-2-2 11:27
Hi Fans... Into the first period I was flying P3s the same problem occured. After a long search and many assistant and help, at least my problem was solved by the following;

I had installed a 64 Gb micro SD card into the P3s. But two things to remind of....

Thank you for this, I have a Spark, i put the micro SD card in it, turned my spark on and then plugged it into the computer, it recognizes it as a USB, quick format it and done, works flawlessly.
2018-6-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Brisan Posted at 2018-6-11 16:43
Thank you for this, I have a Spark, i put the micro SD card in it, turned my spark on and then plugged it into the computer, it recognizes it as a USB, quick format it and done, works flawlessly.

It is far safer to use the format commend in the Go App than use a computer to do it. The aircraft knows exactly which format to use. Also, it allows the aircraft to set up the files and directories it needs to operate properly.
2018-6-11
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

Yes I agree with your comment. Thanks.
2018-6-12
Use props
djiuser_OlkAXGURaikw
New

Nepal

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-25 01:46

Hi susan myvphantom 4 pro is not reading any sd card but record video on my mobile phone .I have my original sd card that comes along with drone and when I put into droneit says sd card error .what should I do to fix my drone
2018-8-12
Use props
djiuser_OlkAXGURaikw
New

Nepal

djiuser_OlkAXGURaikw Posted at 2018-8-12 22:52
Hi susan myvphantom 4 pro is not reading any sd card but record video on my mobile phone .I have my original sd card that comes along with drone and when I put into droneit says sd card error .what should I do to fix my drone

I prefer dji phantom 4 pro
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the late response. Is there any chance change to another working SD card for troubleshooting? It will be helpful to identify whether it is the SD card or aircraft issue.
2018-8-14
Use props
Jesus Quero Marquez
New

Spain

Me sale fallo 10025 de la tarjeta a k se puede deber y como podría solucionarlo?
2020-3-4
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

Hola, qué velocidad de escritura y tipo de tarjeta SD compraste. ¿Es un tipo 4 (alta velocidad) o inferior? ¿Bajo qué sistema de archivos formateó FAT32 o NTFS y, por último, cuál es el tamaño del "clúster"?
Grtz.
2020-3-6
Use props
driverseat
Second Officer
Netherlands

Hola de nuevo, lo que olvidé preguntar por qué dron compraste esta tarjeta SD. Mavic ... ¿Fantasma ...?
2020-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules