3402 12 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

Hey,

been out flying my I1 this afternoon and its been throwing an error at me about "your flight altitude and distance have been limited to 30m and 50m respectively"?!

it doesnt give an error code, or actually limit the distance/altitude

any idea what this is about or what needs to be done to fix it?

thanks
mike
2017-9-22
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

#Quick Reply Here#https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to read on this, if this issue occurs, please hover the drone to the safe place and then reboot the APP. Or let the drone return to home, reboot the aircraft firstly and then APP.
2017-9-22
Use props
fansdc9903f4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 917844 ft
United States

The problem is in the go app. Sometimes logging out then back in will fix it but not all the time.  I had to delete and reinstall the app twice before it worked properly. So far so good but I have heard it does come back. Best thing  you can do is to always start the app last in the start up sequence. If  just changing the battery app must be restarted after the bird is powered up. This is with using an iPad mini 4 . No problems using the android tablet. Little glitch in the app is all it is.
2017-9-22
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Ok here is a way to solve this .  I assume you are up to date on the AC the RC and the Go app.  

be sure before starting that you are NOT logged into the DJI servers on ANY DEVICE. then fire up your system in this order .
First the RC transmitter, ***go app device can be on but DONT OPEN THE APP.

Next fire up the Aircraft .
At this point  make sure entire system is ON and would be in the "standby mode", so if you engaged the motors you wouod take off.  what you want is all systems on AND ALSO have the go app device connected to the wi fil  )

Now open the go app and be sure to sign in using your user name and password, also sync your flight records at this time as it will insure that you are connected to dji servers.  Now once you do this .  Turn everything off and re- boot same as above procedure but dont need to sign in this time to the DJI  Page.

***when doing this procedure be sure that you have a SOLid wi fi connection to the Go app device , you can do this indoors if you wish as you are NOT actually going to engage the props, you are going to do all the steps so the system is on standby but NOT fire up the props .  Unless you are like me and can fly from your house with the wi fi still connected to your go app device .

This should work and eliminate the range issue .  This was implemented to prevent pilots from flying out of their line of sight without having the  go app turned on so the pilot can see the aircraft camera snd flight data .

donnie

this should solve the issue
2017-9-23
Use props
Dave G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 744869 ft
Australia

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-23 04:13
Ok here is a way to solve this .  I assume you are up to date on the AC the RC and the Go app.  

be sure before starting that you are NOT logged into the DJI servers on ANY DEVICE. then fire up your system in this order .

Thanks for this info Donnie.
I run through the procedure you describe at home before I head out, but once I get to site I sometimes find that the limits have been applied and I have to find an internet connection and re-sign into the Go app (even though I didn't sign out of it and appear to still be logged in...). What's the procedure when I'm planning a job in a location with no cell/wifi available? Do I check everything at home and then switch on airplane mode on my device, or can I just make sure I follow the startup sequence of RC then AC then app? I'm wondering if I may have updated the Go app before I last did the aircraft/RC; perhaps updating now to the latest app version (I'm on V3.1.14) will help? (PS I've had a similar problem with my Mavic running the Go 4 app...)
Thanks,
Dave in Australia
2017-9-27
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Dave G Posted at 2017-9-27 16:28
Thanks for this info Donnie.
I run through the procedure you describe at home before I head out, but once I get to site I sometimes find that the limits have been applied and I have to find an internet connection and re-sign into the Go app (even though I didn't sign out of it and appear to still be logged in...). What's the procedure when I'm planning a job in a location with no cell/wifi available? Do I check everything at home and then switch on airplane mode on my device, or can I just make sure I follow the startup sequence of RC then AC then app? I'm wondering if I may have updated the Go app before I last did the aircraft/RC; perhaps updating now to the latest app version (I'm on V3.1.14) will help? (PS I've had a similar problem with my Mavic running the Go 4 app...)
Thanks,

dave , I would upgrade to the latest app and 3.1.15 and do the procedure I describe above  post .

When you change your settings you are doing it with the system entirely ON correct ?  if you change the settings without the entire system being on they will NOT be stored .  

I have not heard of anyone else having this exact issue .  It should be  a One time log in then you are done .

I find it interesting that the Go app is the only one effected uing the I pad MINI version 4 .  One question , You do have the app loaded on the Android device , are you making sure that you are  Not logged into that app at the same time .  I  had a theory that pehrhaps you were logged ( to dji severs ) into another device and therefore never getting looged truly into DJI servers with the Mini 4 . Just for grins Make sure NO device are logged into the servers .

Very strange problem indeed mate ?  sorry for the troubles

*** JUST to clarify , this only happens on your Apple device correct ? when you use the Android devce it works fine ?  Is the Android on the same or equal version of Go app ? or is it a earlier version ?  

donnie
2017-9-28
Use props
The Nug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174144 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same stupid problem.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

The Nug Posted at 2017-9-29 13:45
I have the same stupid problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, when you encounter this problem during flight, please hover the drone to open safe place and reboot the APP or return the drone back to home point and reboot the APP.
Please remember to reboot APP after powering on the aircraft when you change the battery.
2017-9-30
Use props
The Nug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174144 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-30 00:10
Sorry for the inconvenience caused, when you encounter this problem during flight, please hover the drone to open safe place and reboot the APP or return the drone back to home point and reboot the APP.
Please remember to reboot APP after powering on the aircraft when you change the battery.

So I am suppose to turn the app off each time I change the battery.Is this correct ? As I have four batteries this becomes a pain.Battery life is very limited .I want to spend most of the time in the air ,not messing about on the ground.Why don’t DJI get their app software correct for once !
2017-10-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

The Nug Posted at 2017-10-5 01:07
So I am suppose to turn the app off each time I change the battery.Is this correct ? As I have four batteries this becomes a pain.Battery life is very limited .I want to spend most of the time in the air ,not messing about on the ground.Why don’t DJI get their app software correct for once !

Neg, we understand there are many inconvenience caused during flight, we will get it fixed in the next APP, appreciate your patience.
2017-10-12
Use props
Dave G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 744869 ft
Australia

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-28 05:08
dave , I would upgrade to the latest app and 3.1.15 and do the procedure I describe above  post .

When you change your settings you are doing it with the system entirely ON correct ?  if you change the settings without the entire system being on they will NOT be stored .  

Thanks Donnie, sorry I took so long to reply.
I upgraded the app to 3.1.15, strictly follow the startup procedure and now all seems well. (same goes for the Mavic). There may have been some conflict issues with my partners Android device possibly being logged into my DJI account at the same time.
thanks for providing advice.
Dave
2017-10-18
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
United States

Dave G Posted at 2017-10-18 16:53
Thanks Donnie, sorry I took so long to reply.
I upgraded the app to 3.1.15, strictly follow the startup procedure and now all seems well. (same goes for the Mavic). There may have been some conflict issues with my partners Android device possibly being logged into my DJI account at the same time.
thanks for providing advice.

Great ,glad you have it sorted.

donnie
2017-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules