Unplanned video turned out fair. How do you promote your videos?
1329 8 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was just testing the drone this morning after work and then realized that I might as well keep filming until the sun came up. The video turned out fair, but could have been better if I had planned ahead of time. Since it was spur of the moment it was not my best video for sure.
I posted to facebook and youtube, then posted my youtube on facebook. As of right now the facebook vid has 155 views and the youtube only has 26. How does everyone promote their youtube channel? Should I post a preview to facebook then try to drive traffic to my youtube? I'm pretty new at web promotion so I'm not sure what's the best bang for the time spent. Any ideas?

2017-9-22
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice video.  What exactly are you promoting?  Not sure I get it?
2017-9-23
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can lead them to your youtube channel that way you get more traffic on your youtube channel.
2017-9-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hard thing to do.
My advice: make great and relevant content and share on the right places.
Dont expect high views as your content has to compete with so many other videos.
Do what you like, don't focus on views. Wrong motivation and it will make you make bad choices (like screaming MUST SEE EPIC BLA BLA in your tile etc. )
Youtube will give you higher ranking if people like your videos, so make stuff that is great
2017-9-23
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-9-23 11:06
Nice video.  What exactly are you promoting?  Not sure I get it?

Just more hits to my youtube channel. I'm not trying to quit my day job. I was just thinking that I'd be nice to have a hobby that makes me money instead of the other way around. Sponsors and giving me product to use and review would be nice too.
2017-9-23
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-9-23 12:03
You can lead them to your youtube channel that way you get more traffic on your youtube channel.

I was thinking of only putting half the video on facebook, then linking to the rest of the video. Not sure it would be a good idea thought cause it just might tick people off.
2017-9-23
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-23 15:02
Hard thing to do.
My advice: make great and relevant content and share on the right places.
Dont expect high views as your content has to compete with so many other videos.

Yeah, I really don't want to turn to gimmicks, but it seems like some of the videos with the most hits have some silly or stupid gimmick. And I'm not sure if VLOGing more is the way to go. Some of my lowest hit videos are me talking. Plus I'd much rather be flying then talking. I'll just keep making vids but my subscriber number is climbing unbearably slowly. I thought I was just missing something.
2017-9-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bing Err Posted at 2017-9-23 23:26
Yeah, I really don't want to turn to gimmicks, but it seems like some of the videos with the most hits have some silly or stupid gimmick. And I'm not sure if VLOGing more is the way to go. Some of my lowest hit videos are me talking. Plus I'd much rather be flying then talking. I'll just keep making vids but my subscriber number is climbing unbearably slowly. I thought I was just missing something.

I think there are two ways about it:
1. Make as much (average, stupid, strange etc.) content and get as much viewers by making a lot of fuzz about it and begging for subscribers, likes etc. etc. .
2. Have fun making good content and share it online.
Nr 1 will get you some money, but seems incredibly unsatisfying to me.
Nr 2 is a lot of fun and if you make good enough content and share it on relevant places (Facebook groups are a good starter, forum etc.) you will have a great hobby and make some money possibly. (not a lot, but every penny counts right?)
I have been following nr 2 for about 10 years now. Great fun and when a video gets more than 100 view or 1 get 1 thumb up I am happy
2017-9-24
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules