Do you own multiple dji drones? Mavic?
1725 12 2017-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

Hey all. I am a relative newbie but have been flying a lot for about a month. I own the phantom 3 standard and the spark which are both a lot of fun to fly. I am looking at adding a Mavic to the fleet possibly, and have reviewed the specs so I understand those but as in how fun the drones are to fly, where does the Mavic rate? They look cool and I want to experience multiple platforms so I’m going back and forth between the Mavic and the phantom 4. Looking for feedback.
2017-9-22
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

Purely from a fun to fly point of view (as requested):  I enjoy flying my Mavic Pro a helluva lot more than my Phantom 4 because the Mavic range is way better.  There are places in my 6 acre yard where my Phantom always loses video signal, but with the Mavic I don't have to worry about it.  The Mavic acceleration seems more sluggish though.  In moderate winds I pretty much have to use Sport mode to make any headway with the Mavic... the P4 is much better in that department

The DJI Goggles are much easier to use on a Mavic because of the wireless capability.  In fact if I didn't have the Goggles I probably wouldn't enjoy flying the Mavic so much, because I HATE trying to fly FPV with a tiny phone screen.  (The stock Mavic controller isn't large enough to hold a decent sized tablet.)  But if you're used to a tiny phone screen for your Spark, I guess that wouldn't bother you if you got a Mavic.

The absolute best thing about the Mavic (fun-wise) is it's small enough to take everywhere 'just in case'.  My P4 is just too large to tote around unless I have a specific destination in mind.  The Mavic is small enough to just stuff in your purse.  If you're the type of guy that carries a purse, I mean.
2017-9-22
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm loving my Mavic...camera is ok and with some post editing it can be almost as good as the larger cameras....I also love my 1000's and 900's but they are limited on flight time ..however the camera quality is better...imho.....but Mavic gives me much more mobility than the larger birds without all the equipment.....so dollar for dollar you can't beat the Mavic...the goggles are great on the Mavic too. I use Fatsharks with the larger birds and I wish I could get the DJI goggles to work...would make my camera girl much happier
2017-9-22
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have two Mavics (not quite through choice but more an unexpected extra purchase on a recent trip to the USA), along with my old Phantom 3 Standard.  

TBH, the biggest difference between the Mavic and the P4 you have will obviously be its size and the ease you can travel with it. Having it in your bag instead of lugging a huge case around makes the Mavic far more likely to be on your person when you want it!

I did do a comparison video for people starting out and wondering whether to start out with the Mavic or a much cheaper model like the P3S at a third of the price.... It will show you some of the extra features you'll get with the Mavic...  
Cheers,
Ian

2017-9-23
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

DJI has nothing like Mavic itself so I have only Mavic, I was about to buy the second one while mine is on repair but (with a lot of efforts) resisted temptation
2017-9-23
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

Ok thanks for the feedback guys, sounds like I’m going with a Mavic Pro. I like the design and size, plus it does everything the phantom 4 does in a smaller package!
2017-9-23
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

MP will make you happy. I had the Spark but got rid of it and went for the MP. Haven't looked back again.
2017-9-23
Use props
TimmysDad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1412917 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic Pro has turned into my favorite plane.  Initially I wondered if I'd made a mistake buying it, but since I've flown it in all sorts of conditions and some very long flights.  However, the Phantom 4 will handle higher winds, but if it's blowing that hard, there are other things to do other than be flying.   The Mavic Pro is great, plus it connects to the goggles easily with no additional wires.  Highly recommended.
2017-9-27
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Mavic is my first and only! And I love it!
2017-9-27
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-9-22 20:50
I'm loving my Mavic...camera is ok and with some post editing it can be almost as good as the larger cameras....I also love my 1000's and 900's but they are limited on flight time ..however the camera quality is better...imho.....but Mavic gives me much more mobility than the larger birds without all the equipment.....so dollar for dollar you can't beat the Mavic...the goggles are great on the Mavic too. I use Fatsharks with the larger birds and I wish I could get the DJI goggles to work...would make my camera girl much happier

This is one of the reasons I went with the 5.5" Crystal Sky beside it's incredible brightness in direct sunlight, it has a full size HDMI output. I use HDMI to Mini-HDMI that I plug into My FatShark DV3's, get full OSD display although the CS puts out 1080p res the glasses will only support 720p still makes for great FPV flying.
2017-9-27
Use props
DennisMurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-9-27 15:37
This is one of the reasons I went with the 5.5" Crystal Sky beside it's incredible brightness in direct sunlight, it has a full size HDMI output. I use HDMI to Mini-HDMI that I plug into My FatShark DV3's, get full OSD display although the CS puts out 1080p res the glasses will only support 720p still makes for great FPV flying.

So..if your using your fatsharks then it's just for viewing? I mean how do you take pics or film without having to lift up the sharks? I'm interested because that screen in the DJI goggles is really close and I haven't figured out the right glasses yet...I want to get focus fixers but the hurricane put them back a month for shipping....
2017-9-28
Use props
UncleHoot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5352539 ft
United States

Definitely love my Mavic!  I crashed my first one after only a week, but had the Care Refresh (get it).  Now I'm a bit more careful with the risks I take.  I've flown over 5,000,000 feet now, and still enjoy the thrill!  Plus, the camera is great, allowing you to adjust all of the basics things.  It seems like I  can take more and better photos with my drone than I can with my DSLR.  
2017-9-28
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

Mavic definitly...is the best Dji drone for the moment, you will see
2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules