Mountain bike and mavic's RC
1408 7 2017-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scriline
New

France

Hi guys !
Just a question, I currently have a mavic pro and I love mountain bike. But I have a problem, I would like to activate the active track or follow me mode beacause I want the drone to follow me during the session, but I'm scared because if then I put the rc in my backpack ( I can't ride holding it in my hands ), the joisticks will per haps moove and the drone will per haps crash... Is there a way to stop the rc just during the time it is in my backpack ( but the drone is still following me ) ?
thanks for your answers !

2017-9-23
Use props
Nazar78
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

It is very risky as you may not have enough time to react in case things go wrong. I have two suggestions, first use a lanyard. I simply mod my own using a small packaging hanger clip. But if you're riding the RC tends to swing a lot so the other option is to strap the RC to your arm/wrist maybe using action camera straps which you can loop over the RC screen into the space between the RC and phone. By doing this you'll cover the RC screen but the phone screen is enough. Just my 2cents...
2017-9-23
Use props
Orind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 129754 ft
United States

I use a Rockform case for my phone--they have a nice bicycle mount--then of course I clamp the controller on to the phone, mounted to the bike.  while the mount has held up nicely, I have found the intelligent flight modes to be tricky on the mountain bike--but, it will depend on your terrain.  Lots of twisty sections and the drone will have a hard time tracking you--not to mention if you get moving at decent speed.  I also found I spent too much time worrying about where my mavic was rather than enjoying the ride--but, I am also riding heavily forested trails which means keeping the mavic up at least 60 feet..

If you go with the Rockform system, make sure and remove the magnet from the case--it messes with the controller.
2017-9-23
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706234 ft
Switzerland

I use this handle bar holder to secure the RC on the bike. It's too risky not having the RC under the fingers
And beware of trees, they are your  worst enemies ;) You can use 2 of them: one for the RC and the other for the phone and link the central via the large USB connector

https://www.natureetdecouvertes.com/outdoor/velos-accessoires/accessoires/support-universel-pour-smartphone-a-velo-53141550

DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0006.JPG

Here a video made patially with this setup

2017-9-23
Use props
scriline
New

France

Nature et découverte c'est la base ! mais je sais pas je suis moyennement chaud pour ton truc, si jamais je tombe je fracasse tout quoi... Mais à la fois j'aime pas non plus ne pas avoir la télécommande... Merci du conseil en tous cas !
2017-9-23
Use props
scriline
New

France

And thanks to everybody for your answers ! I'm gonna see how I'll do !
2017-9-23
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706234 ft
Switzerland

scriline Posted at 2017-9-23 09:18
Nature et découverte c'est la base ! mais je sais pas je suis moyennement chaud pour ton truc, si jamais je tombe je fracasse tout quoi... Mais à la fois j'aime pas non plus ne pas avoir la télécommande... Merci du conseil en tous cas !

Tu peux aussi utiliser le mode wifi uniquement. C'est moins précis niveau pilotage , mais le risque de casse est moindre.  Mais le mieux c'est de filmer les potes et de ne pas faire de dronie Le Mavic n'est pas une GoPro.

--------------

You can also use wifi mode, so you have less risks in breaking something. But you should be filming your buddies and not do dronies ;) The Mavic is not a GoPro.
2017-9-23
Use props
sofianeard
New

Algeria

Je crois que j'ai deja vu ce genre de produit chez relaxation-store.com mais je vais voir celui de nature et découverte peux être qu'il sera meilleur !
2021-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules