United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-23
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Hmmmm.  Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!  What's a bois ?
2017-9-23
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

It's the plural form of 'boi'.  More properly spelled "boys".

I agree with most everything the OP said.  In fact he left a lot of stuff out!  Why does DJI need to cripple my aircraft just because I'm using the Goggles and have no need for a chitty phone app at times??
2017-9-23
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Didn't know that.  He seemed to come on a little strong without an explanation. Guess he has his reasons tho.
2017-9-23
Use props
coco60
lvl.4
Flight distance : 632096 ft
Canada

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-23 07:58
Didn't know that.  He seemed to come on a little strong without an explanation. Guess he has his reasons tho.

Too bad for us. Some business in this world are meant to make money and they dont care about the rest !! Actually we consumers are the stupid ones for buying their products !! We should ALL buy other brands than DJI that would make them realize they are doing things wrong by going bankrupt !
2017-9-23
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

coco60 Posted at 2017-9-23 09:05
that would make them realize they are doing things wrong by going bankrupt !

They're never going to go bankrupt, because as P.T. Barnum always said, there's one born every minute.
2017-9-23
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

coco60 Posted at 2017-9-23 09:05
Too bad for us. Some business in this world are meant to make money and they dont care about the rest !! Actually we consumers are the stupid ones for buying their products !! We should ALL buy other brands than DJI that would make them realize they are doing things wrong by going bankrupt !

First, you have to have competition, they don't, they are king and they know it.  If you want the best consumer based UAV on the market this is it, including all of the flaws noted.  Your choices are limited to non existent.  Not unless you prefer to buy a product that is far more inferior and likely to have just as many problems albeit new and different ones.
Sorry, this is not helpful but it is the hand we are dealt, and at present there are no solutions on the horizon.
2017-9-23
Use props
Cinefilms
lvl.4
Flight distance : 118829 ft
Dominican Republic

Wait for it......wait for it......
2017-9-23
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231014 ft
South Africa

I agree with 55R
2017-9-23
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

You lost all credibility to your post when you ended it Twitter Trump.  Really Sad.
2017-9-23
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-9-23 12:24
You lost all credibility to your post when you ended it Twitter Trump.  Really Sad.

?? uh what...did that post get deleted?
2017-9-23
Use props
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

Agree mostly.  DJI isn't the first Company to focus on getting new customers at the expense of satisfying existing ones.  They have made decision to focus on Spark and Mavic, maybe we should trade our P4Ps for one of those.
2017-9-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

wataero Posted at 2017-9-23 18:29
Agree mostly.  DJI isn't the first Company to focus on getting new customers at the expense of satisfying existing ones.  They have made decision to focus on Spark and Mavic, maybe we should trade our P4Ps for one of those.

What do you base that on?
DJI have a big range of offerings for different market sectors and they produce fabulous drones in all sizes.
I can't see how you came to the conclusion that they are focused on the Spark and Mavic to the detriment of users of the Matrice, Inspire and Phantom series drones.
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience and trouble that may have been caused if there are.
Different drones were produced to meet different need, we never produce them to escape the issues of previous drone.
We have no idea what this website www.dji.advocacy.com is? If there is any problem, please contact our Support or post the thread here, we will try our best to assist.
For quality control, we sincerely apologize if the trouble has been caused, this is our goal to keep improving the quality of our products.
And we will hire more staff with good technical skills and native speakers to eliminate language barrier, providing more training to make your experience with us better.
As for shrills, I think you are wrong, we didn't have any shrill and will never have. Forum is public and transparent, every customer can post their experience no matter it is unpleasant or positive. We will never make some fake posts.
We always listen to all the feedback on social media and devote to improving our product and service to bring better experience for our valued customers, we are on it, please allow us some time.
Your understanding will be highly appreciated.

2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

wataero Posted at 2017-9-23 18:29

We have different R&D team specializing in different products. P4P is one of our main series, we are keeping improving its performance.
2017-9-23
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-23 21:26
We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience and trouble that may have been caused if there are.
Different drones were produced to meet different need, we never produce them to escape the issues of previous drone.
We have no idea what this website www.dji.advocacy.com is? If there is any problem, please contact our Support or post the thread here, we will try our best to assist.

969341a91816bf6f94c0134e3b00e795_emoticon-smileys-and-happy-on-thumbs-up-clipart.png
2017-9-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There are mainly two types of people who fly Phantoms, hobbiests and photographers.
For hobbiest RC pilots, one of the ways to add enjoyment to this pleasurable time is to build a drone, and get to understand some of the complexities involved.

One other way to enjoy this hobby to its fullest, is the camaraderie and new friendships, gained along the way.
Flying our various models with others, of like minded people brings another level of memorable fun to the adventures.

Not all DJI users have issues or problems, & the greater majority, of users never have had any.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-23
Use props
Miked2111
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307904 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-23 21:26

Hi Mindy
As I hope a valued customer, it is very frustrating and some what disappoint that DJI develop a product like the P4P+ and the Crystal sky screen  which are the leaders on the market, only to cripple them and limit some of the best abilities. As a professional user DJI restriction of 3rd party apps and locking these units is a backward step.
If you are passing on customer feelings and requests to DJI, please do ask them to open up these innovative products.  
2017-9-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2017-9-23 18:55
What do you base that on?
DJI have a big range of offerings for different market sectors and they produce fabulous drones in all sizes.
I can't see how you came to the conclusion that they are focused on the Spark and Mavic to the detriment of users of the Matrice, Inspire and Phantom series drones.

Not to mention thee tremendous spreading wings ...http://www.dji.com/spreading-wings-s1000-plus

image.png

image.png

image.png
image.png

RedHotPoker
2017-9-23
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

@Mindy & DJI:

"P4P is one of our main series, we are keeping improving its performance."

As a user of P4P bought for the photo and movie recording capabilities, seeing features, functions and settings disappear little by little it seem that the only thing you're improving is the limitations of the product!

The last months the usage of the thing has mostly being limited to test out battery life, and chasing speed records in stormy weather, for sure that was not what i was bought for and the specs it is promoted with is clearly far from real life usage.

2017-9-24
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Miked2111 Posted at 2017-9-23 22:22
Hi Mindy
As I hope a valued customer, it is very frustrating and some what disappoint that DJI develop a product like the P4P+ and the Crystal sky screen  which are the leaders on the market, only to cripple them and limit some of the best abilities. As a professional user DJI restriction of 3rd party apps and locking these units is a backward step.
If you are passing on customer feelings and requests to DJI, please do ask them to open up these innovative products.

(edit) I can sense that you're not happy with DJI, but the reasons of your dissatisfaction are difficult to detect ...
2017-9-24
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-9-24 00:15
Did you developed your own version of English language??? Or you're speaking a mutation I'm not familiar with, some sort of regional slang? I can sense that you don't like DJI, but the reasons of your dissatisfaction are lost in translation ...

I don't think there is any need to attack someone over punctuation or spelling, English might not be their first language.
2017-9-24
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-23 22:20
There are mainly two types of people who fly Phantoms, hobbiests and photographers.
For hobbiest RC pilots, one of the ways to add enjoyment to this pleasurable time is to build a drone, and get to understand some of the complexities involved.

Unfortunately you're wrong, my friend. Hobbyists and photographers represents very small group of Phantom pilots. The majority belongs to a social layer of people called yuppies. Mavic and Spark drones shifted the gravity even further away from hobby and photography. Yes, all these toys in good hands are capable to deliver professional results, but that's not the case ...
2017-9-24
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

AlanHd Posted at 2017-9-24 00:27
I don't think there is any need to attack someone over punctuation or spelling, English might not be their first language.

I'm sorry, my apologies. I just couldn't get the message. Again, my fault ...
2017-9-24
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

I can see things from both points of view, there's a lot of things DJI do right but there's also things they get wrong, unfortunately with drone flying getting something wrong can end up being expensive to the end user.
Forums are a great place for information but what I always try to remind myself is you generallly see people who are there because of a problem but you very rarely see the thousands who are happy with the product.

@Dobmatt I'm not here to pick arguments, so no hard feelings. I'm just here to learn and pick up some tips.
2017-9-24
Use props
djiuser_55RMcis
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-24
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-23 07:04
Hmmmm.  Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!  What's a bois ?

in french it is a wood, you know, with many trees -with sturdy branches...
2017-9-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

djiuser_55RMcis Posted at 2017-9-24 10:14
Can you please explain what “performance” you keep improving in the P4Pro?
What “performance” was improved by issuing a diminished video downlink and removing the Smart RTH toggle 4 months ago with no fixes?

For the life of me,  I cannot understand why some people want to berate and blame the mods on here for all their problems.  They're just trying to do their jobs and help people. They represent DJI, yes, but are not engineers or officers of the company.  Good thing they are well disciplined to keep their cool even in the face of much abuse.

2017-9-24
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-24 10:48
Good thing they are well disciplined to keep their cool even in the face of much abuse.

Or are they?  I've noticed there are a LOT of banned users on this forum; users that are not spammers.  It wouldn't be so noticeable except for the fact that all their posts get replaced by a banned message.
2017-9-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-9-24 10:52
Or are they?  I've noticed there are a LOT of banned users on this forum; users that are not spammers.  It wouldn't be so noticeable except for the fact that all their posts get replaced by a banned message.

I have seen more that have not been banned that probably should have been.  Some just ask for it.
2017-9-24
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-9-24 00:38
Unfortunately you're wrong, my friend. Hobbyists and photographers represents very small group of Phantom pilots. The majority belongs to a social layer of people called yuppies. Mavic and Spark drones shifted the gravity even further away from hobby and photography. Yes, all these toys in good hands are capable to deliver professional results, but that's not the case ...

I'd have to agree with Dobmatt,
There are a whole bunch of folk with money who buy these things with no real idea what they are actually getting and the responsibilities that mush come with it.  Worse, they buy these things for their 14 year old as a toy and then provide no oversight.  
I'd say there needs to be a third category called recreationalists, and even that may be a term used loosely with them.
2017-9-24
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Most of bans are implemented automatically by word recognition mechanism of this forum, I believe. Try to type some popular vulgarism within your post and you'll see. And - oh - after all, this isn't independent forum, you know. We are welcomed guests here as long as we do not cross the line of good manners. Any rude, not constructive criticism and aggressive behaviour here may and eventually will be neutralized by rejection. You'll do the same at your party, wouldn't you?
2017-9-24
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Irate is on to something...
While some do/may deserve a suspension at times, not all their posts should be blocked if they are not the offending ones.  However, if they are banned altogether and ever on then all of their postings should be removed accordingly along with their profile.
More to the point, yes you never want to shoot the messenger.  However, the mods here are company representatives and not just because.  They themselves clearly and often put themselves in to that position.  That being the case, where else would you expect folks to go here to express their difficulties or problems with DJI.  Now, I'll grant you that a forum in general is not the best place to resolve grievances with a company.  Unless that forum is company owned and operated and has company representatives on it, then you can't expect anything different to happen in that respect.  I'd still advise you try other means, but when mods clearly inject themselves in to the process to provide assistance, advice, and even to address/resolve problems then it is reasonable to see that some will naturally express their frustration with the company towards the company rep i.e. mods.  
2017-9-24
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-9-24 11:17
Most of bans are implemented automatically by word recognition mechanism of this forum, I believe. Try to type some popular vulgarism within your post and you'll see. And - oh - after all, this isn't independent forum, you know. We are welcomed guests here as long as we do not cross the line of good manners. Any rude, not constructive criticism and aggressive behaviour here may and eventually will be neutralized by rejection. You'll do the same at your party, wouldn't you?

agreed and I would add DJI's rule set that limits to prohibits anything that may infringe on their proprietary areas as well as reflects on them in a negative manner as they see/feel it...
2017-9-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Turning 64 on Oct 3, but wish I was turning sweet 16! ;-)

Life was so much simpler then... The only thing I flew was rocks from a home made slingshot.
Today, I have a slingshot with a red dot scope and red laser pointer. Haha my, how times have changed. Same old same, with a flux capacitor. Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-9-24
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

We all know that we are stuck with the DJI products, because there no other company/product like it out there and the sad part is DJI knows that all to well.  Basically they got us by the balls.
2017-9-24
Use props
Eric ncfwa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322526 ft
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-24 12:56
Turning 64 on Oct 3, but wish I was turning sweet 16! ;-)

yup, the place I was when I was 16, no TV, no Video, one government owned radio station, I had a ball with my mates, fishing, hunting, later on drinking (not so good), we made our own entertainment & I'll always have great memories of that time, that was in 1975, wow what changes now, glad that drones came along though
Regards
Eric
2017-9-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Wish i could predict the future, but the past has been a blast. ;-)

& Just keeps getting better every day. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules