Mavic Pro Repair(PLEASE HELP)!!!!!!!!!
1057 9 2017-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_CaZScC2
New
Flight distance : 1017 ft
United States

I started my drone in home when i got it like 7 or 8 times just to get a feel for controls and starting it but never took it off the graiund an no time to go out to actually fly it so finally after like 5 days of having it my lady and i took it out for first flight.Well well well,we did automatic takeoff since first time ever taking or or anything and guess what it went about 4ft in the air and then nose dived right back all the sudden with no wind nor did i have my hands on controller.
I looked at it an all look well except the gymbal an a couple scratches so i reset everyrhing an said lets see so once reset gymbal would point backwards an said overload.Well i wanted to see if drone would fly so i could tell what was wrong etc.I did auto takeoff again an this time perfect.I flew around in site an just went straight up and then RTH auto so it went to set height and returned to exact spot.
We about had a heartattack as we just spent $1,200 on it.We ll i created case on 9/12/2017 and explained all this,put care refresh paper in pkg,explained lile i am now on case paper and sent it in.They received it on 9/15/2017 an yesterday afternoon i finally got wuote for repair in email(week later).
So i called as repair was $202 and i guess i am going to use my refresh since cheaper and i did not even get to fly my NEW drone once.It has maybe 15mins on it and all but 7 is feom sitting on ground and as i spoke to lady that i cant understand an she cant understand me but i tried to say my drone is BRAND NEW with maybe 15mins so i would exspect a new drone and not mine epaired and not a refurb eitheran she says well it should be equivalent so i said NEW then right and she was like i sent request for them to use refresh an still she dont get what im saying.
Im sure they dont have any drones with 15mins only sitting there to send me so what am i gonna get now.An homestly with it being drone error or whatever and mine is brand new i feel i should get a brand new outta the box and honestly shouldnt have to pay or use my refresh!!!!!Flew my new $1200 drone less than 8 mins and now ill never truely know.
Shesaid ill send email for refresh usean they should email u new email an u can pay the $79 and that should be by mon or tues.So im paying and using oneof my refreshes and aint even flew and ill never know if my drone is new or fixed refurb i guess.
Case #--CAS-989391-W9G2V6
2017-9-23
Use props
daivatam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

If it was manufacturer defect the mavic should be changed under warranty. If u have purchased from an store the correct procedure in case of warranty  it was that you should exchange at the store with the new one. Also at dji they should exchange with another new one if it is under warranty considering the small time passed after buying.
They should provide you flight  log  parameters analyze and explain you what happened.
Some dji forum officials will respond you for sure.
Please provide case number.

If it is pilot error then only option is refresh or paying for repair.
2017-9-23
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

We ALL learn as we go. Sorry to hear your experience.
2017-9-23
Use props
djiuser_CaZScC2
New
United States

It was purchased online thru dji directly.Also it was automatic takeoff on very first flight!!!!Did not have hands on controller when this was happening.Did not even have camera on.I have flight records as they had me sync them and all of them are 1min where i started it on the ground inside but did not actually fly it and this happened on first flight and it shows height and 1min also and then as i said it flew ok and record shows distance and 8min flight and thats it so it is completely NEW but gimbal was messed up so total defect and less than 15min even running!!
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to hear about the accident in your first flight and tiny unpleasant experience with our Support.
But for DJI Care Refresh, each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. I can't promise you will get a brand-new drone, but I will transfer your request to local appropriate department to follow up. We will have someone to contact you on working days, thanks for your patience.
care refresh.png
2017-9-23
Use props
djiuser_CaZScC2
New
United States

Thank you and i do not have an issue with time but only that my drone has 15mins of being turned on time an only 8 minutes of fly time so that would be a new drone or one that only has 15mins total time being turned on then like mine does or it would not be equivalent.I am just asking for only what i paid for and even refresh/equivalent would call for new or 15mins being on time or it will not match agreement.
Im patient and thank you for your help
2017-9-23
Use props
djiuser_CaZScC2
New
United States

If i pay for repairs on mine then that would mean it gets fixed and i definately get it back?
2017-9-23
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_CaZScC2 Posted at 2017-9-23 20:08
If i pay for repairs on mine then that would mean it gets fixed and i definately get it back?

No.  If you pay out of pocket for repairs they're just as likely to give you a refurb.  You might as well use the insurance policy you paid for.  (And that policy states that they can give you a reburb.)

You're not getting a brand new drone and you're not getting one with 15 mins of flying time on it.  The quicker you come to terms with this the easier it will be on your sanity.  It sucks, but that's the way it is.  Arguing about it here on the forum won't help anything.
2017-9-24
Use props
djiuser_CaZScC2
New
United States

I have come to terms with it an thats why i asked if i would mine back if i paid because if im not gonna get it back for alittle over $100 more than ins deductible then yeah ill just use ins and be done with it.but the forum is for centinf and getting questions asked so thats why i am doing it here.
Thanks for info
2017-9-24
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_CaZScC2 Posted at 2017-9-24 11:21
I have come to terms with it an thats why i asked if i would mine back if i paid because if im not gonna get it back for alittle over $100 more than ins deductible then yeah ill just use ins and be done with it.but the forum is for centinf and getting questions asked so thats why i am doing it here.
Thanks for info

Well in all seriousness, there is a small chance that you'd get yours back or be handed a brand new one.  But too often folks get an unpleasant surprise and are understandably angry about it.  So it's just best to be mentally prepared for the worst.  If it turns out better than that, well that's just a bonus.
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules