3063 76 2017-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

OMG,

my spark crashed to the ground from 20m this evening after sucessfully flying three batterys, i poped on the fourth one, set the home point, lanuched from my ipad screen hovered , then climbed up to 20m and the spark fell back to the ground , the spark is badly damaged and the battery fly off on impact with the ground and is broken also.

what to do now?
2017-9-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

pictures are here https://app.box.com/s/fxsoggqo7mf1um168s7u148znefw7cre
the last video on my memory card is not readable

2017-9-23
Use props
Ricardo Alba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95502 ft
Brazil

Since your were filming, you should have a low quality copy of the video in the iPad internal memory, beside this try to retrieve the log from flight and drone itself
2017-9-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ricardo Alba Posted at 2017-9-23 10:39
Since your were filming, you should have a low quality copy of the video in the iPad internal memory, beside this try to retrieve the log from flight and drone itself

ok i looked at the log on my iPad i was 12 seconds into flight at 8m height battery was 96%

totally at a lost as to why this happened?
2017-9-23
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I second that...  there will be low quality video on your device you used when flying the craft, and the logs will be available on that same device.  We can only speculate without seeing the logs.

Do you remember if the craft lost all power (lights went off and props stopped spinning), or was there some evidence of power remaining to the craft (led lights were still on when it fell)?
2017-9-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-23 10:53
I second that...  there will be low quality video on your device you used when flying the craft, and the logs will be available on that same device.  We can only speculate without seeing the logs.

Do you remember if the craft lost all power (lights went off and props stopped spinning), or was there some evidence of power remaining to the craft (led lights were still on when it fell)?

i heard the props spinning and was surprised it came back down , i was about 2 meters away looking up as it fell to the ground
how do we see the logs? i looked in the sd card there are other folders but they seem empty , im running on mac os high sierra.
2017-9-23
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-23 11:01
i heard the props spinning and was surprised it came back down , i was about 2 meters away looking up as it fell to the ground
how do we see the logs? i looked in the sd card there are other folders but they seem empty , im running on mac os high sierra.

Here's a video on exporting the logs.

And in the forums our favorite location to use for posting and sharing the logs is here:

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-9-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-23 11:06
Here's a video on exporting the logs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngEHdAlAh9A&feature=youtu.be

ok thanks , i will do now........
2017-9-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-23 11:07
ok thanks , i will do now........

Thank you, it will be interesting to read and maybe some explanation can be provided. You only need to upload the corresponding *.txt" file from the Flightlogs folder.
2017-9-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-23 11:38
Thank you, it will be interesting to read and maybe some explanation can be provided. You only need to upload the corresponding *.txt" file from the Flightlogs folder.

OK i pulled all the files from my smashed spark , dji file severs are down so i can't post the data to them but i have added a screen shot to my online file folder for you all to view.
2017-9-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

flight_log.jpeg , looking at the video cache and the flight data everything stops after 12 seconds?
2017-9-23
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-23 12:16
OK i pulled all the files from my smashed spark , dji file severs are down so i can't post the data to them but i have added a screen shot to my online file folder for you all to view.

The flight logs exist on the mobile device you were using during your flight.  You can upload them to the URL (above) and then share the resulting URL with us.  Lots of forum participants are extremely good at evaluating these logs.  We'll share anything we find that was hardware related, or even human related (hopefully you are prepared to take constructive criticism positively, IF there was any human error involved).  Also note that we don't speak on behalf of DJI.  We just like to understand what happened in various flights and learn from these experiences.
2017-9-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-23 12:26
The flight logs exist on the mobile device you were using during your flight.  You can upload them to the URL (above) and then share the resulting URL with us.  Lots of forum participants are extremely good at evaluating these logs.  We'll share anything we find that was hardware related, or even human related (hopefully you are prepared to take constructive criticism positively, IF there was any human error involved).  Also note that we don't speak on behalf of DJI.  We just like to understand what happened in various flights and learn from these experiences.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/18AMY1I7WK4CWR2YIHRQ/
2017-9-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

this was my 47th flight .................................... all 12 seconds of it
i got four batteries , this was number 4 , recharged about 8 times.
2017-9-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-23 12:31
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/18AMY1I7WK4CWR2YIHRQ/

Nothing unusual to see in the flightlog. I have made the experience that this reader does not always display everything. If you don't mind, please upload also here and share the link: https://airdata.com/
2017-9-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-23 12:40
Nothing unusual to see in the flightlog. I have made the experience that this reader does not always display everything. If you don't mind, please upload also here and share the link: https://airdata.com/

https://app.airdata.com/main?fli ... _id=GENERALOverview
2017-9-23
Use props
PedramN
lvl.4
Iran

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-23 12:34
this was my 47th flight .................................... all 12 seconds of it
i got four batteries , this was number 4 , recharged about 8 times.

Hello, deat folk. As expected, log file interrupts suddenly that means total power failure of AC. This may be due to famous "dropping spark from the sky "that manadatory firmware update was supposed to suppress it, or may be due to battery failure, some safety switch triggered immaturely( high gas pressure? High temperature? ...) or may be due to sudden swelling of battery due to any reason that caused battery pops off from sit and electrocal failure. Examining remnents of poor sparky may help DJI to determine the cause. Please open a ticket in Dji support and send the drone in for further evaluation. Results may help Dji to solve misterious "falling spark from sky" cases. Regards
2017-9-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

Also nothing, really weird! In my opinion only DJI can help with their possibilities. You should anyway open a case with DJI support to find out if it is a warranty case.
2017-9-23
Use props
towheaded-pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was your craft, Go 4 app and controller on the very latest versions? Are you on IOS or Android?
2017-9-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

towheaded-pilot Posted at 2017-9-23 12:50
Was your craft, Go 4 app and controller on the very latest versions? Are you on IOS or Android?

yes everything is on the latest firmware version , batteries, rc, goggles and spark.
I'm running on an iPad pro 10.5 IOS11
i was not using the goggles today.
2017-9-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-23 12:52
yes everything is on the latest firmware version , batteries, rc, goggles and spark.
I'm running on an iPad pro 10.5 IOS11
i was not using the goggles today.

for your information my iPad Pro is otg to the spark remote control unit.
2017-9-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-23 12:49
Also nothing, really weird! In my opinion only DJI can help with their possibilities. You should anyway open a case with DJI support to find out if it is a warranty case.

i'm new to this whole thing , how do i open a case with dji?

i brought the drone to fly and enjoy the scenery , thanks for all your help.
2017-9-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-23 13:01
i'm new to this whole thing , how do i open a case with dji?

i brought the drone to fly and enjoy the scenery , thanks for all your help.

ok sent an email for support............
2017-9-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Germany

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-23 13:05
ok sent an email for support............

Sorry that I did not see your post earlier. Just in case, here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
Anyway I am sure that one of the very able DJI Moderators of this forum will join in here tomorrow morning and further assist you. They are always very helpful!
2017-9-23
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-23 12:58
for your information my iPad Pro is otg to the spark remote control unit.

Our forum participants are not shy when we see human factor in a bad flight.  I see nothing incorrectly done anywhere at any point.  I have no advice I can give to say "it might have gone better if you did this differently...", there's nothing different I would have done.

On the web splash page (dji.com) there is a support link along the top.  This is where you begin to get support from DJI.

Though my opinion means nothing, I think you've a good case.  Based on how people have responded with DJI support, I don't think you have anything to worry about.  Other than loss of time, I think DJI's support will satisfy you.  The two common complaints have been that DJI doesn't satisfy customer desires when the craft cannot be recovered (yours was), or the time it takes for DJI to resolve a case (that could happen to you, they do seem busy).

The one thing that the community can learn from this is that perhaps unexplained drops can still occur.
2017-9-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks for all you advice , i was building my confidence with the drone as I never flown anything this size before and investment , back yard flights built up to local field flights and this was the first car park and sea flights, so glad the drone didn't drop into the sea, we were lucky it dropped quite close to us.
2017-9-23
Use props
Bupitz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 377648 ft
Romania

It's good it didn't hurt anybody or fall on a car in the parking :| ... I hope you have it replaced soon
2017-9-23
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Had an email from DJI support today , impressed on a Sunday.

Unfortunately because my drone was brought in china they wont honour the warranty here and i will need to pay a lot of money for them to look at it in the Netherlands and then again pay for it to be repaired.

They suggested i take it back to china to see if they will honour the warranty.
2017-9-24
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI NL just posted a follow up to my previous message , a price list.

I’m looking at around 400 euros to repair my spark..............

That’s about the same as my air ticket to china , guess where I’m going
2017-9-24
Use props
JoKoFly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203130 ft
Germany

no DJI Care Refresh?
2017-9-24
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nope , I’m super careful never crashed anything before......
2017-9-24
Use props
Legacy0ne
lvl.2

Australia

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-24 06:38
Had an email from DJI support today , impressed on a Sunday.

Unfortunately because my drone was brought in china they wont honour the warranty here and i will need to pay a lot of money for them to look at it in the Netherlands and then again pay for it to be repaired.

Send the Spark back to DJI in China? You'll get your warranty entitlements then. Cheaper than spending $400Euro to fix something that should effectively (Product fault, Warranty) cost you $0
2017-9-24
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Legacy0ne Posted at 2017-9-24 14:33
Send the Spark back to DJI in China? You'll get your warranty entitlements then. Cheaper than spending $400Euro to fix something that should effectively (Product fault, Warranty) cost you $0

yep i'm trying to set up a service call for next week....................
its not easy my DJI contact in NL has gone quiet,
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for the crash, I am sorry to say that DJI doesn't provide global warranty, you can only apply for warranty service in the Mainland of China since you purchased the drone in China. I would recommend you find a friend who can help you to send the drone in for diagnosis and repair in China,  the drone needs to be evaluated after it arrives, it will be covered by warranty if it's product malfunction and within the warranty period.
2017-9-24
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-24 22:56
Sorry for the crash, I am sorry to say that DJI doesn't provide global warranty, you can only apply for warranty service in the Mainland of China since you purchased the drone in China. I would recommend you find a friend who can help you to send the drone in for diagnosis and repair in China,  the drone needs to be evaluated after it arrives, it will be covered by warranty if it's product malfunction and within the warranty period.

Hi Diana,

I am back in china on Friday for about a week, can you tell me how to setup a service meet and where , I believe there is a big dji store in Shenzhen but I have never been , I brought the spark from taobao.

2017-9-24
Use props
Koppo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191726 ft
Germany

Damn. I wonder why yours is so damaged from 20m. Mine fell from 430m and survived....
2017-9-24
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Koppo Posted at 2017-9-24 23:32
Damn. I wonder why yours is so damaged from 20m. Mine fell from 430m and survived....

Mine hit the car park tarmac front left leg first , then the battery ejected and ended up upside down on the rotors , she bounced about three times before resting upside down.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-24 23:03
Hi Diana,

I am back in china on Friday for about a week, can you tell me how to setup a service meet and where , I believe there is a big dji store in Shenzhen but I have never been , I brought the spark from taobao.

For your case, I would recommend you ship the drone in after you back to China. Can you speak Chinese? Or you can ask a Chinese friend who can help you to fill in an online repair request.  Here is the link for your reference.  https://repair.dji.com/cn/SelfRepair/ProductLine
2017-9-25
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-25 01:25
For your case, I would recommend you ship the drone in after you back to China. Can you speak Chinese? Or you can ask a Chinese friend who can help you to fill in an online repair request.  Here is the link for your reference.  https://repair.dji.com/cn/SelfRepair/ProductLine.

I just tried the link you gave me but it says system error in Chinese
I also send a email to support.cn@dji.com requesting help in English and Chinese.
2017-9-25
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-25 05:08
I just tried the link you gave me but it says system error in Chinese
I also send a email to  requesting help in English and Chinese.

OK i got the link to work , there was a full stop on the end of the url address

I have got a case number now.
2017-9-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules