spark falls to ground from 20 meters
3067 76 2017-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Sorry to hear about your spark crashing.  Hope you can iron out the issues with warranty and that DJI Support replace your spark at no charge.
2017-9-25
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

Yes my fingers are crossed but China isn’t the easiest place to get things done , after all I’m not Chinese ;)
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-25 05:24
OK i got the link to work , there was a full stop on the end of the url address

I have got a case number now.

Great, once you arrived in China, please send the drone in, we'll take care of it after it arrives.
2017-9-25
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-25 23:56
Great, once you arrived in China, please send the drone in, we'll take care of it after it arrives.

Will be there Friday
2017-9-26
Use props
cbaabc
lvl.1
China

My spark also dropped from about 20-30Ms. I had it out about 200Ms away, made some adjustments to switch to sports mode, when I forward it about 1sec later it fell, dropped sraight down and never to be found. I went to look for it about 5 times, couldn't find it. I looked at the satellite images it wouldn't show near in but would show like about 100 or 200Ms up away.
Before it never did anything like that, it always flew ok even if no gps or atti mode I can still control it. It was also my third battery flight and at the beginning of flight so should have about 90% battery left.
There was no fog or clouds, I was flying over mansions. I really liked flying it, I flew it everyday almost since having it, it takes nice photos and video except if side way movements were more stable videos would be better.
Is there a case to be made if the spark is gone?
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

cbaabc Posted at 2017-9-26 17:30
My spark also dropped from about 20-30Ms. I had it out about 200Ms away, made some adjustments to switch to sports mode, when I forward it about 1sec later it fell, dropped sraight down and never to be found. I went to look for it about 5 times, couldn't find it. I looked at the satellite images it wouldn't show near in but would show like about 100 or 200Ms up away.
Before it never did anything like that, it always flew ok even if no gps or atti mode I can still control it. It was also my third battery flight and at the beginning of flight so should have about 90% battery left.
There was no fog or clouds, I was flying over mansions. I really liked flying it, I flew it everyday almost since having it, it takes nice photos and video except if side way movements were more stable videos would be better.

Sorry for your loss, I would recommend you sync the flight records on the APP, then contact the Support and provide them with your DJI account email and the date this occurred, they'll start a case for you.
Just to verify, you are in China, right? Here is a link in Chinese for your reference. http://www.dji.com/cn/support
2017-9-26
Use props
cbaabc
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-26 19:45
Sorry for your loss, I would recommend you sync the flight records on the APP, then contact the Support and provide them with your DJI account email and the date this occurred, they'll start a case for you.
Just to verify, you are in China, right? Here is a link in Chinese for your reference. http://www.dji.com/cn/support

Yes, I did that a few days ago, they just called me and offered me 30% discount on new purchase.
Is this a deal I should accept? because it just dropped and lost forever not the fault of me.
But they say need to have the spark for more detail analysis which I can't find.
With the discount it still would be 300 some bucks{:4_142:}
Is it ok to post flight logs here will it affect my warranty?
2017-9-26
Use props
Legacy0ne
lvl.2

Australia

cbaabc Posted at 2017-9-26 19:55
Yes, I did that a few days ago, they just called me and offered me 30% discount on new purchase.
Is this a deal I should accept? because it just dropped and lost forever not the fault of me.
But they say need to have the spark for more detail analysis which I can't find.

They are offering a 30% discount... so really they are acknowledging product fault?

You can post the flight logs here, with no impact to warranty.
2017-9-26
Use props
cbaabc
lvl.1
Singapore

Here's the flight log:  http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/5EEI17M30Q870X6ULMVM/
2017-9-26
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

your data looks the same as mine , looks like there are still problems with the battery just turning off in flight.
2017-9-26
Use props
cbaabc
lvl.1
Singapore

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-26 23:25
your data looks the same as mine , looks like there are still problems with the battery just turning off in flight.

Did they gave you a replacement or discount?  
2017-9-27
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Netherlands

cbaabc Posted at 2017-9-27 00:58
Did they gave you a replacement or discount?

im in the UK at moment , will travel to china tomorrow and go to the store on Saturday.
2017-9-27
Use props
cbaabc
lvl.1
Singapore

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-26 23:25

Also why is height 5ft?   it was about 20 some meters high
2017-9-27
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

cbaabc Posted at 2017-9-27 01:41
Also why is height 5ft?   it was about 20 some meters high

I took off . hovered then pushed the RC sticks to 20 meter height , the spark only got to 26 feet or 8 meters before it turned off and crashed to the ground.
2017-9-27
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-27 01:50
I took off . hovered then pushed the RC sticks to 20 meter height , the spark only got to 26 feet or 8 meters before it turned off and crashed to the ground.

oh my mistake , you mean your spark was at 20 meter height but only reports 5ft on your flight data?
2017-9-27
Use props
cbaabc
lvl.1
Taiwan

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-27 01:53
oh my mistake , you mean your spark was at 20 meter height but only reports 5ft on your flight data?

Yeah my log.
30% off seems not a good deal for me, since wasn't fault of me.
Does my log data show what fault it was?  

Should I call them back and refuse the 30%? they called me off guard and kinda agreed to there 30% off new spark purchase.
2017-9-27
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
United Kingdom

cbaabc Posted at 2017-9-27 05:38
Yeah my log.

IMU looks way off but reading other forum posts that happens often?

The 30% offer i think is standard practice for a complete lose of a spark I would go to the store and try get more off.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

cbaabc Posted at 2017-9-27 05:38
Yeah my log.

Cbaabc, please provide your case number to us and we can check the details for you.
2017-9-28
Use props
cbaabc
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-28 02:55
Cbaabc, please provide your case number to us and we can check the details for you.

Here's it is:  CAS-1016253-Z8T0N1
2017-9-28
Use props
BobD
lvl.3
Germany

There "could be" another reason for this.  I'm a new Spark pilot and a retired engineer.  I've noticed that I really have to check twice to make sure the battery is properly seated.
2017-9-28
Use props
cbaabc
lvl.1
United Kingdom

BobD Posted at 2017-9-28 07:06
There "could be" another reason for this.  I'm a new Spark pilot and a retired engineer.  I've noticed that I really have to check twice to make sure the battery is properly seated.

Usually it's pretty secure clicking in, if not it'll protude, they probably pay extra attention to this since it vibrates beginning to end when fly.
2017-9-28
Use props
cbaabc
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just noticed Gopro Karma was recalled for this reason, "a small number of drones dropping out of sky", and everyone was told to return their drone for a full refund.

This 30% off is looking to be a very bad deal...  
2017-9-28
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
China

BobD Posted at 2017-9-28 07:06

Yes a few times i had to reseat the battery before , but my Spark crashed to the ground in front of me , the spark hit first nose down and then i saw the battery ejected into the air due to the impact with the car park surface, the battery bounced a few times and is badly broken and dented.

I uploaded my files to DJI Diana yesterday , hopefully when I go to the DJI store in Shenzhen tomorrow i can get some quick servce and fixes here.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

cbaabc Posted at 2017-9-28 06:54
Here's it is:  CAS-1016253-Z8T0N1

Cbaabc, I checked your case status. I noticed that the data your provided was missing and we couldn't find the data of the accident. In that case, we can not locate the problem.
2017-9-28
Use props
cbaabc
lvl.1
Taiwan

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-28 22:55
Cbaabc, I checked your case status. I noticed that the data your provided was missing and we couldn't find the data of the accident. In that case, we can not locate the problem.

Missing what? Flight records was uploaded via app to your guys. Then flight logs were sent via email to your guys.    What other data?
2017-9-29
Use props
cbaabc
lvl.1
Taiwan

If you are talking about data on spark, well.. it's lost obviously.  and if it didn't have a problem I wouldn't lose it.  
From the flight log it was going 20mph before it was gone and lost.
I suppose you guys worry about tempering such as fake accidents etc, but 20mph in the air 20+ meters high is hard to fake? as flight logs every second it seems.
So even if someone got the spark in mid air 20mph, he would still need to take time to pull battery out? in such a time frame it would be logged in flight log such as speed position etc.. right?
So from flight log and flight history maybe DJI could/should make a fair warranty?  I mean look at Gopro karma, their drone is crap but they are ethical do what is right and thus could be a trusted company.

This 30% off is just means 70% is the user's fault even tho it's not the user's fault.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

cbaabc Posted at 2017-9-29 00:21
Missing what? Flight records was uploaded via app to your guys. Then flight logs were sent via email to your guys.    What other data?

The record of accident is interrupted and it is not completed. So we can not analyze the problem. In that case, we will provide 30% off discount. Thanks for understanding.
2017-9-29
Use props
Jo__McFly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 203130 ft
Germany

Battery defective? if in the middle of the flight the battery fails the logfile can not be complete ... is this something like a pilot error? No!
2017-9-29
Use props
cbaabc
lvl.1
Taiwan

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-29 00:50
The record of accident is interrupted and it is not completed. So we can not analyze the problem. In that case, we will provide 30% off discount. Thanks for understanding.

So can you tell me how it would be a complete record of accident?
2017-9-29
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
China

cbaabc Posted at 2017-9-29 04:31
So can you tell me how it would be a complete record of accident?

We are starting to see a trend here of battery turn off during flight when there is plenty of battery power left .

Starting to suspect a mechanical issue with the battery to spark , I know mine shut off but I saw it fall to the ground before the impact removed the battery , hopefully later I get some joy from Shenzhen DJI store.
I’ll report back later.......
2017-9-29
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
China

So back from DJI store in Shenzhen, quite a positive experience and I have a new spark drone in hand but it coated me 1560 RMB.

I had a good chat with the guys and girls at the service desk , some good English also.

The decision was to wait over a month where they might repair for free but more likely charge as I don't have DJI care , the repair charge could be 700 to 1500 RMB or walk out the store with a brand new Spark for 1560 , so bit the bullet and got the new one.

They say my broken drone would still go back to the factory for investigation.

Interesting whilst I was in the store I chat with two guys with Spark fly aways, one guy with lost spark with probably battery failure like mine ( but I never got to see his flight data so just word of mouth) , one mavic with broken landing legs and two crashed phathom.
I think DJI doing a roaring trade with repairs on drones without DJI.

My thoughts after this experience with the spark is I was an idiot to buy the Spark without DJI Care, clearly there are issues with batteries on this drone and the GPS system.

I will register the new drone and buy DJI care.
2017-9-30
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
China

I forgot to say I spent a lot of time uploading files to DJI Diana so my files could be seen before I visited the store , but the store told me they had nothing about my drone before I came into the store , this bit was a bit disappointing but to be honest I did expect this......
2017-9-30
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
China

I'm not having a dig at DJI Diana just something in the process failed between sending her the file link and the store seeing my data before hand , the time frame was three days , a lifetime in this digital age
2017-9-30
Use props
cbaabc
lvl.1
Singapore

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-30 00:06
So back from DJI store in Shenzhen, quite a positive experience and I have a new spark drone in hand but it coated me 1560 RMB.

I had a good chat with the guys and girls at the service desk , some good English also.

Don't you get 1yr warranty when you buy the dji stuff?   the other care stuff is for trade ins right(paid)?

cost me 2300 for a new one, so seems you got 50% off.  Could your crashed spark still fly?
2017-9-30
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

m1n1s Posted at 2017-9-23 10:32
pictures are here https://app.box.com/s/fxsoggqo7mf1um168s7u148znefw7cre
the last video on my memory card is not readable

Can you still switch on the spark?
This will close the video file, so that you can copy it from sd card to a computer and watch it with vcl
And with vcl you can copy it to make it a "normal" video file again.
I cant find the topic with the descrition of rescuing videos, that got unreadable b/c of switching spark off but still recording video.
What technically did happen here, too.
2017-9-30
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Russia

cbaabc Posted at 2017-9-30 04:44
Don't you get 1yr warranty when you buy the dji stuff?   the other care stuff is for trade ins right(paid)?

The front left leg was badly broken and the battery was totalled , otherwise everything was working , i took the 50% as it was a lot less hassle and i got a spark to fly again, I don’t live in china but have frequent visits here so I wasn’t sure i would be able to come back to china in a month and pickup the repaired spark.
2017-9-30
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Russia

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-9-30 06:19
Ca you still switch on the spark?
This will close the video file, so that you can copy it from sd caed to a comluter and watch it with vcl
And with vcl.you can copy it to make it a "normal" video file again.

I managed to pull the video cache image off my iPad so got to see that it powered off at 12 seconds I’m to flight with 96% left in the battery
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules