downgrading the RC firmware via Dji Go4 app?
3641 21 2017-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
berf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8609 ft
Switzerland

Hi All,

I am having the weak image transmission signal problem after the update and have tried different things with no success. As a last thing, I wanted to downgrade the controller´s firmware via the app, however when i press the upper right button in the app, i get no firmware to select. It says product unknown & device disconnected as seen in the attached screenshot. (Although it is connected) And to mention, on the about section, firmware version seems to be unknown. Any ideas?

screenshot

screenshot

2017-9-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please try to restart the Controller and check the current version in General Settings>About.
2017-9-24
Use props
berf
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-24 23:04
Please try to restart the Controller and check the current version in General Settings>About.

Hello Susan,
Here is the following I get at the moment from the about section in the app:

App: 4.1.11
Aircraft version: 01.04.06.02
RC: unknown version

Anyways RC and the aircraft get connected, I can control the aircraft.  But previously I had seen the V.1.9.2+ for the RC which is apparently not aligned with the release notes for P4P, but the firmware came with the Dji Go 4 app requiring me to update. Is there a way to reset /format the RC? Pressing C1&C2 and the shutter buttons didn´t result in anything.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

berf Posted at 2017-9-25 08:39
Hello Susan,
Here is the following I get at the moment from the about section in the app:

Update the firmware. Wait to see what the firmware is doing on the remote before resetting the remote. Your firmware is probably mismatched.
2017-9-25
Use props
berf
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-25 09:16
Update the firmware. Wait to see what the firmware is doing on the remote before resetting the remote. Your firmware is probably mismatched.

There is no update requirement for RC coming up in the Dji go4 app.. any suggestions to trigger that?
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

berf Posted at 2017-9-25 09:19
There is no update requirement for RC coming up in the Dji go4 app.. any suggestions to trigger that?

Try reinstalling the app to see if that helps.
2017-9-25
Use props
berf
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-25 11:29
Try reinstalling the app to see if that helps.

Did that already several times.. no success
2017-9-25
Use props
Cândido Rodrigu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197831 ft
Brazil

Também atento neste tópico para ver a solução!
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

berf Posted at 2017-9-25 11:33
Did that already several times.. no success

Can you post a screen shot of your App information advising what version of the aircraft as well as the remote?
2017-9-25
Use props
berf
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-25 11:54
Can you post a screen shot of your App information advising what version of the aircraft as well as the remote?

about.PNG

As mentioned before RC firmware version seems to be unknown at the moment. see the current screenshot of about section in the app.  However, previously I had seen that RC firmware was v1.9.2+ after the update ( so not aligned with the P4P release notes, but this came with the DJI GO 4 app.)

2017-9-25
Use props
Cândido Rodrigu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197831 ft
Brazil

berf Posted at 2017-9-25 12:06
As mentioned before RC firmware version seems to be unknown at the moment. see the current screenshot of about section in the app.  However, previously I had seen that RC firmware was v1.9.2+ after the update ( so not aligned with the P4P release notes, but this came with the DJI GO 4 app.)

O seu é Phantom pro 4+?
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

berf Posted at 2017-9-25 12:06

Can you check your USB cable to make sure it is functioning ok? It may be that the USB jack on the remote is not strong. If you do determine that this is a hardware issue, please contact Customer Support to set up a repair.
2017-9-25
Use props
berf
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-25 12:09
Can you check your USB cable to make sure it is functioning ok? It may be that the USB jack on the remote is not strong. If you do determine that this is a hardware issue, please contact Customer Support to set up a repair.

Hi Mark,

With the Iphone 6s it was not really working so I tried with an android tablet today. Here is my current status in the "about" section :
AC firmware : 01.04.0602
Remote: 01.04.01.00+  (I had read somewhere on this forum that +/- marks after the version number indicate incomplete process for the firmware upgrade.)
Dji Go4 App: 4.1.9

I tried again to refresh the RC firmware by clicking the 3 lines on top right, I see the 01.04.01.00 version, I downloaded it, but from there on there is no progress. As attached:Any ideas?
IMG_4280_1.JPG
2017-9-28
Use props
berf
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-24 23:04

Hi Susan,

With the Iphone 6s I was not able to see the RC version, so I tried with an android tablet today. Here is my current status in the "about" section :
AC firmware : 01.04.0602
Remote: 01.04.01.00+  (I had read somewhere on this forum that +/- marks after the version number indicate incomplete process for the firmware upgrade.)
Dji Go4 App: 4.1.9

I tried to refresh the RC firmware by clicking the 3 lines on top right in the app, I see the 01.04.01.00 version, I downloaded it, but from there on there is no progress as attached. Any ideas?
IMG_4280_1.JPG

2017-9-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

berf Posted at 2017-9-28 12:18
Hi Mark,

With the Iphone 6s it was not really working so I tried with an android tablet today. Here is my current status in the "about" section :

Do you have your mobile device linked to a Wi Fi Modem? You would need to do that. Also, make sure that you have the latest version of the App. Let us know if that helps.
2017-9-28
Use props
berf
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-28 12:22
Do you have your mobile device linked to a Wi Fi Modem? You would need to do that. Also, make sure that you have the latest version of the App. Let us know if that helps.

To be clear do you mean sth special by linking the mobile device to a wifi modem?  my device has internet connection via wifi.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

berf Posted at 2017-9-28 12:24
To be clear do you mean sth special by linking the mobile device to a wifi modem?  my device has internet connection via wifi.

That would be correct.
2017-9-28
Use props
berf
lvl.2
Switzerland

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-28 12:31
That would be correct.

Then there is no change.. it doesnt go any further than this.
2017-9-28
Use props
berf
lvl.2
Switzerland

To be honest, I was not expecting such a fast reaction from the repair service, I was sent a new remote controller as a replacement within less than a week. Tried it out, it works fine now. I wish I knew why it got broken after a firmware upgrade but anyways, thank you
2017-10-18
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Nice ending ;-)
2017-10-18
Use props
Harsha
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37211 ft
India

It happened to me for Matrice 600, now I totally lost link between Controller and aircraft. I'm not able to downgrade the firmware as well. I tried to link RC but not happening. Any one can help me on this
2020-4-11
Use props
Anokadrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 58327 ft

United States

In the IT world what you describe is more than likely "bricking" a device many times caused by an interrupted firmware upgrade or flash of the chip.  Every IT persons nightmare.  No recovery in most cases.  Device becomes junk.  Makes for a Really Bad Day!   
2020-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules