Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin External Power
2737 7 2017-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
logic28
lvl.1

Italy

Hi everyone,
Just finished to built my new 18" jib for my RED Scarlet and wondering how to power the Ronin M from external source (as well as battery if needed).

Smaller  version for testing here:   

Everyone seems to discuss how to take power from Roning and nobody talks about putting power in.

Not sure where to input DC without removing the battery (almost as if I was to keep it on charge while using it).
Has anybody done this before ?

Many thanks

Maz
2017-9-23
Use props
DJI-Mark

United States

You may want to research the DC power source question more as it may not be possible to have a external power source for the Ronin M.
2017-9-25
Use props
logic28
lvl.1

Italy

Any idea what the 2 extra pins in the battery are supposed to serve ?  
Are they just a reference voltage for the Ronin ?

If I use a dummy battery (which I can easily create) will I have malfunctions because of the 2 missing pins ?

2017-10-2
Use props
DJI-Mark

United States

logic28 Posted at 2017-10-2 12:09
Any idea what the 2 extra pins in the battery are supposed to serve ?  
Are they just a reference voltage for the Ronin ?

The battery for the Ronin accompanies a 4S Ronin Battery. What type of battery are you using?

Here are some battery specs for the Ronin: http://www.dji.com/ronin/info?si ... insite_search#specs
2017-10-6
Use props
logic28
lvl.1

Italy

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-10-6 09:07
The battery for the Ronin accompanies a 4S Ronin Battery. What type of battery are you using?

Here are some battery specs for the Ronin: http://www.dji.com/ronin/info?site=brandsite&from=insite_search#specs

I am using the 2 standard batteries that came with the Ronin Mx  (model no: 423496-1580 mAh)

Does anyone know what are the two small pin contacts and how do they operate the battery ?

I have implemented an external power source for the Jib Mounted application of my Ronin Mx and noticed that, by driving the unit externally, it will only function for a few seconds to then turn itself off again.
Its’ pretty obvious that the two pins are there to monitor some form of data from the cells, possibly the amount of charge left ?
However, when disabled, they are preventing the Ronin from staying in a “power on state” for more than a few seconds.

Any info is much appreciated
2017-12-2
Use props
djiuser_deCKVRnedsbx
New

United States

Maz, Did you ever get a reply from dji or anyone else on your need for a constant power unit for the dji Ronin-M? I have the same interest and am tired of dealing with dead batteries at $105.00 plus tax, plus shipping for a total of $120.00+ a pop. I see they had made something called a Battery Power Distributor. This takes the place of the battery, has a P-Tap connector, has the 2 pin lead for the internal power data of the unit to the gimbal unit, and will also power other onboard devices such as the Red camera. only weighed 125g. It's not showing as available on the dji website, though if I search hard enough I can get it to show up at times. It was a $149.00 item when it was available. dji has responded that they are working on getting me more info about what I can do to satisfy my need. This, as of today, 2/29/2020. Great rig you built, by the way. Looks like you are also a big 80/20 fan, as am I!

2-29 11:27
Use props
lairdthomas
lvl.1

I'd also like to know of any battery relocation information. Thank you for posting. It looks like the Battery Power Distributor is designed only for sending power from the existing battery to other components, not for taking battery from elsewhere. Nice rig btw!
4-14 20:18
Use props
Marco Fleischhut
lvl.1

Germany

lairdthomas Posted at 4-14 20:18
I'd also like to know of any battery relocation information. Thank you for posting. It looks like the Battery Power Distributor is designed only for sending power from the existing battery to other components, not for taking battery from elsewhere. Nice rig btw!

DJI Ronin Auxiliary Power Adapter  is the way to go... it gets external power. it's just nowhere to get anymore...

Here is the funpart: I called DJI on that today. DJI support does not even KNOW about the excistance of their Auxiliary Power adapter - it also never has been replaced within the 4 years of excisting in that support facility (how to know that if you don't know about the product existence???) .... they don't even know their products they produced once (and could potentially need a repair)  and I had to show them their unknown product unavailable on their website. That's hilarious. Even more than the guy telling me it's NOT djis fault, the chip isn't faulty, it's all just physics.... So guess we all are just better off getting another brands gimbal instead of wasting time with DJI.
8-4 22:30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules