CPU overload
1830 13 2017-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
neo0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115997 ft
United States

Took my mavic for a after math shoot of IRMA distruction, and shortly after take off - I encounter CPU overload on my mini ipad. I've done everthing possible to keep the cpu from over heating, from getting a hood to turning off app. including other setting on the DJI GO software and nothing has work..
Any body out there having the same issue. And does any one have some kind of fix for this. I'm not looking to upgrade Ipad just need a quick fix for this on going problem. ever since i   upgraded the DJI software i have nothing but problems with cpu over heat  

2017-9-23
Use props
SkySailorMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2170768 ft
United States

I don't have a solution for you, but I have the same issue too. I've found that when the air temperature reaches low to middle 80s (F), my iPad Mini2 craps out with the overloaded CPU warning message.
2017-9-24
Use props
neo0
lvl.3
United States

SkySailorMan Posted at 2017-9-24 04:54
I don't have a solution for you, but I have the same issue too. I've found that when the air temperature reaches low to middle 80s (F), my iPad Mini2 craps out with the overloaded CPU warning message.

I truly believe that since the update of the DJI software it has cause  the CPU on my mini Ipad to over heat.
I did not have that problem before with the older version of the DJI software.  
2017-9-24
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

I have the same problem, and my iPhone 5S also lags when I use the app. When I use an iPhone 7 Plus, there is no problem at all
2017-9-24
Use props
Mavvy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1386637 ft
United States

Complete bullcrap i tell you, I have the same problem now after updates yesterday 9/23/2017, both my iphone 6 plus and ipad mini 2 cellular, prior to updates i had zero issues and now this thing is a worthless paper weight, screen laggy and locks up on both devices !!  Give me my money back DJI or fix this problem immediately please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                         !!!!!!!
2017-9-24
Use props
neo0
lvl.3
United States

Mavvy Posted at 2017-9-24 07:05
Complete bullcrap i tell you, I have the same problem now after updates yesterday 9/23/2017, both my iphone 6 plus and ipad mini 2 cellular, prior to updates i had zero issues and now this thing is a worthless paper weight, screen laggy and locks up on both devices !!  Give me my money back DJI or fix this problem immediately please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                         !!!!!!!

This is a real problem for mavic user.. its kinda saying to go back to apple or any other device use and make a new investment on a up grade
2017-9-24
Use props
ColomboPilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 552569 ft
Sri Lanka

I just wonder, if they want us to buy CrystalSky by doing this
2017-9-24
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

I had the same problem with an Iphone 5 Iphone 6 no problems at all, knock on wood
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The app will test the usage of the mobile device's CPU, when CPU is overloaded, decoding of transmission and flight communication system may be affected and the device will get heat. We suggest that users use a monitor hood or avoid the direct sunlight to the mobile screen.
2017-9-25
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i wish i had a solutions, however my iPad mini 2 and iPhone 5S handle the app just fine for the most part..  very rare occasional dips where it stalls out for 1/2 second.. but all day yesterday and day before i was flying and letting other people fly my drone in nearly 90F heat, only issue i had was the sunlight making it hard to see and requiring some clear use of shade..  in terms of video lag, iPhone 5S, iPad mini 2 and my GF's iPhone 7 all seem to be identical in terms of input lag.. about maybe 1/4 sec behind reality, the latest update has definitely added some input lag to all devices, including iPad pro 9.7 we have.. the only devices we have the hiccup and drop frames for 1/2 second is the iPhone 5S and the iPad mini 2.

but dji go 4 10 has definitely damped the responsiveness across the board at least on iOS..but it hasn't broken anything for me or made anything terribly unusable yet but definitely to way i feel like is definitely a dampened response curve for input lag like more lag the more you do the camera gets further and further behind on things the more you doing at the same time with the aircraft..

im on iOS 11 official launch update now on all my devices now..  
2017-9-25
Use props
DaneWithADrone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 649524 ft
Denmark

I have just updated the DJI GO app 4 for my iPad Mini 4. I have green lines, jerky video, drop outs in transmission signal. I had zero issues with the earlier version. This is an iPad Mini 4. Freshly booted, nothing else running, lots of space left on the device. This is clearly a software bug in the DJI GO app. Please fix this asap...
2017-9-26
Use props
Mavvy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1386637 ft
United States

LOL..............

I have done hours of research on this problem.

DJI has hung our mods out to dry, the only people getting crap over this is the mods because DJI could care less and has put it on the mods to keep you at bay.

Here is a typical response which is almost identical to other Mods.

The app will test the usage of the mobile device's CPU, when CPU is overloaded, decoding of transmission and flight communication system may be affected and the device will get heat. We suggest that users use a monitor hood or avoid the direct sunlight to the mobile screen.

DJI is the most pathetic company on earth !!
2017-9-26
Use props
Deggers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181772 ft
United Kingdom

Hello - would just like to add this is bull-crap. I'm in the UK temp here earlier this week when I was flying was 12 degrees out. I flew the mavic and got CPU overload on ipad - not happened before and since going to ios11 and DJI app updates -- so something is wrong. Nothing to do with "overheating" - next theory please.
I'm actually on here to raise a seperate ticket that happened at the same time as this did but stumbled up on this thread and thought I should comment.
2017-9-26
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this problem a few months ago and how I solved it was to uninstall the go 4 app and reinstall it. Plus only load 30 days of flight records. I found that once the iPad gets below a certain storage the CPU warning appears.
2017-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules