Can I fly with 6 GoPro WiFi enable?
2818 6 2014-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pu2wxp
New

Brazil

Hi all,

I did an adaptation to capture photos for virtual tour. For this I use 6 GoPro Hero 3 (see attached photo).

My doubt is if I can fly with the WiFi enabled in this 6 GoPro?

I'm flying without using the GoPro WiFi for fear of interference in radio communication with the S1000.

Thus I have to put the GoPro on the timer and trigger start before taking off. If I can use WiFi I can shoot the GoPro when convenient by remote control that is synchronized with 6 GoPro at same time.

Example of virtual tour with S1000: http://vistapanoramica.com.br/vi ... capivari/index.html

Adaptation for 6 GoPro

Adaptation for 6 GoPro

IMG_4308.JPG
2014-10-20
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Most posts say not to use the GoPro wifi.
Since they (GoPro) are usually used with the smaller (NazaM controlled) craft, I've not seen too many comments with regard to the A2.
But I suspect the same precautions apply.
I don't see a Lightbridge air link on your craft, but again the same precautions probably apply.
The only reason to hold any hope would be the distance from the cameras to the FC.
Looking at your rig ($), I think you are wise not using it...

BTW, how do you take off & land?
Is that mount sticking down rigid?

2014-10-21
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

It has nothing to do with the fc but more with the control link. If your going to be using something other than 2.4 control link then you could turn on the wifi. Otherwise I would leave it off.
2014-10-21
Use props
T J Gilbert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74659 ft
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2014-10-22 07:02
It has nothing to do with the fc but more with the control link. If your going to be using something ...

Thanks, blade.
I was probably confusing the wifi interference with the interference some users found being generated from the back of the GoPro when equipment was placed in close proximity to it.
2014-10-22
Use props
sandberg1976
New

Sweden

Im using the Futaba 14 and tested the gopro with wifi on.. and lost control of s900 after few meter's up... So, i never go back on wifi..
2014-11-29
Use props
creativeshopper
lvl.1

United States

GoPro Wifi + 2.4 controller = crash
2015-4-19
Use props
quality
lvl.2

United States

sandberg1976@ho Posted at 2014-11-29 06:34
Im using the Futaba 14 and tested the gopro with wifi on.. and lost control of s900 after few meter's up... So, i never go back on wifi..

Thank you for this info and thread. I'm doing some 360 shooting as well, except we have a 14 gopro rig. I've been researching interference because we want to get a couple cameras on top of the drone to capture the sky, but I'm worried about GPS proximity.
2017-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules