Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark activation failed server error
12345Next >
30994 179 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbe32d6bf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 528655 ft
United Kingdom

Hi 2 day ago I bought dji spark and till today cant activate . Shows me message ( activation failed server error pleas retry or contact dji . . Any one know how fix that ???
2017-9-24
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166280 ft
United States

It's not only you, my friend, I have the same problem with spark, I bought it in 5 days and I still can not activate it. There is another mavic topic where they have the same problem.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-113806-1-1.html
2017-9-24
Use props
LewisCoomber
New

United Kingdom

I'm having exactly the same problem. Won't let me activate? QR code isn't recognised and the other method hasn't worked. I redownloaded the app but still nothing. I saw someone mention earlier "expensive brick" at the minute
2017-9-24
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

QR code had not worked for me either, but entering the activation code manually (on Android device) has worked well for My Spark.
2017-9-24
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Can you tell us if your using android or IOS and what version of the DJI Go4 app ?

Some people have had luck  borrowing an iphone  or ipad to do the activation and then using android to fly
I think there might be a problem with the latest version of the DJIGo4 android app, so a downgrade has worked for some
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

First of all, please activate your spark through app. If you buy the combo, please connect wifi of your RC and enter the app.
Then ensure that you have solid wifi or your can try to activate your spark by using mobile data. When you failed to activate your drone many times, screenshot of the app is needed.
Keep us updated, if the problem exists.
2017-9-24
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
United States

This is the error that appears on Android and iOS
Screenshot_20170920-135858.png
2017-9-24
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
United States

This is the error in iOS
20170924_212049.jpg
2017-9-24
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-24 20:08
First of all, please activate your spark through app. If you buy the combo, please connect wifi of your RC and enter the app.
Then ensure that you have solid wifi or your can try to activate your spark by using mobile data. When you failed to activate your drone many times, screenshot of the app is needed.
Keep us updated, if the problem exists.

I've tried everything. Mobile network, Wi-Fi, other devices, other versions of the app. The same error always occurs
2017-9-24
Use props
fansbe32d6bf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Same with me I try with android iOS and older version do app . Still same problem .
2017-9-24
Use props
fansbe32d6bf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Error screen shot
2017-9-24
Use props
fansbe32d6bf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Screen shot
Screenshot_20170923-170410.png
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for the detailed information, would you please PM me your aircraft SN firstly?
Then please connect the Android device to PC and find the activation log so we can analyze it for you. Here you can get the file: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/active
Please upload the lpg file to Dropbox or google drive and post the link here, I will download it.
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

guilhermydga Posted at 2017-9-24 20:23
This is the error that appears on Android and iOS

Thanks for your feedback, please PM me your aircraft SN.
Then connect your android device to PC, export the activation log so we can analyze it, you could get the file here: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/active
Please upload the log file to Dropboxa or google drive, and post the link here, thanks.
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

LewisCoomber Posted at 2017-9-24 10:05
I'm having exactly the same problem. Won't let me activate? QR code isn't recognised and the other method hasn't worked. I redownloaded the app but still nothing. I saw someone mention earlier "expensive brick" at the minute

Sorry for the trouble you've been caused.
Since you have tried the basic troubleshooting, please PM me your aircraft SN and export the activation log from mobile device, we'll help you analyze it.
Here you can get the log: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/active
Please upload the log file to Dropbox or google drive, and post the link here, thanks.
2017-9-24
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24898 ft
United Kingdom

This is surely a dji problem that needs to be addressed! I
I have had the same problem since Thursday when I bought a more fly package, I have tried every which way to activate after reading numerous posts.

Connecting the rc, connecting the ac, using android, ios, every version of the app that supports the spark, iPad, iPhone, Samsung, still the same error!

Sent dji my cache and they said it was activated on thier system,then backtracked and have asked me to return the spark which may take 15 days!

I was going to return the spark today to the retailer for exchange but it seems like the same problem will arise!
2017-9-24
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-9-24 22:34
Thanks for your feedback, please PM me your aircraft SN.
Then connect your android device to PC, export the activation log so we can analyze it, you could get the file here: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/active
Please upload the log file to Dropboxa or google drive, and post the link here, thanks.

I sent you the SN for PM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1rjfnprsz25tfq/log-2017-09-24.txt?dl=0
2017-9-24
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
United States

Ksarkaria Posted at 2017-9-24 23:08
I have had the same problem since Thursday when I bought a more fly package, I have tried every which way to activate after reading numerous posts.

I spoke with the support on the phone for more than 2 hours and they did not solve the problem and they wanted me to send them
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Ksarkaria Posted at 2017-9-24 23:08

Sorry for this, I've replied your another post, please check it, please also export the log for analysis, we'll do our best to resolve it remotely.
2017-9-25
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Makes no sense to me. Admit there's a problem and you're working on it... I'm at the point where I will return the product and go elsewhere!
At least of they said there's an issues they're working on, I'd hold onto hr spark until it's sorted!
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

guilhermydga Posted at 2017-9-24 23:55
I sent you the SN for PM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1rjfnprsz25tfq/log-2017-09-24.txt?dl=0

Thank you, we're reviewing your log now, will get back to you soon.
2017-9-25
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-9-25 00:30
Thank you, we're reviewing your log now, will get back to you soon.

OK thank you. I will send the link of some topics where several people are with the same problem. In two of them, you admit to being a problem on the server of your voice and can solve without having to send the drone back.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-79274-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-99642-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-113806-1-1.html
https://forum.dji.com/thread-99208-1-1.html
2017-9-25
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
United Kingdom

My SN: 0ASDE610B1009K
Account: kiranbir_s@hotmail.com

Active cache:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B--2UQSlyr6MSEp2ekdYaXV3MzQ/view?usp=drivesdk

How long will this take? I only have a certain amount of time to return to the retailer.....
2017-9-25
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Server is OK according to online chat....
Screenshot_20170925-102817.png
2017-9-25
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
United States

It sure is not okay. This is a screenshot of another topic from people with the same problem and that was DJI's answer. Soon they were able to resolve.The error message says exactly error on the server.
Screenshot_20170925-025718.png
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ksarkaria Posted at 2017-9-25 01:08
My SN: 0ASDE610B1009K
Account: kiranbir_s@hotmail.com

We are working this case with engineers at recent, will do our best to speed up the process.
We'll let you know once we hear any news from engineers, appreciate your patience!
2017-9-25
Use props
zonemikey
New
United Kingdom

What a joke! On a 2 week holiday in Cornwall UK and was hoping to take some amazing footage / photos with my DJI Spark (Combo). Spent the last 4 days trying to activate this damn thing. Constantly getting "Activation Service Error". Customer Services are being of zero help whatsoever... Perhaps you can pay for another 2 week holiday so I can revisit and indeed get the photos / footage of this beautiful place.
2017-9-25
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
United Kingdom

zonemikey Posted at 2017-9-25 03:42
What a joke! On a 2 week holiday in Cornwall UK and was hoping to take some amazing footage / photos with my DJI Spark (Combo). Spent the last 4 days trying to activate this damn thing. Constantly getting "Activation Service Error". Customer Services are being of zero help whatsoever... Perhaps you can pay for another 2 week holiday so I can revisit and indeed get the photos / footage of this beautiful place.

I really don't get it! I have just been on a UK spark Facebook group and someone on there activated yesterday so not entirely sure what's going on!
This many people can't be having issues and it not be a dji internal problem?!
2017-9-25
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-9-25 02:05
We are working this case with engineers at recent, will do our best to speed up the process.
We'll let you know once we hear any news from engineers, appreciate your patience!

Any news? I will be retuning my drone in 2 hours time!
2017-9-25
Use props
fansbe32d6bf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-9-24 22:31
Thanks for the detailed information, would you please PM me your aircraft SN firstly?
Then please connect the Android device to PC and find the activation log so we can analyze it for you. Here you can get the file: /sdcard/DJI/dji.go.v4/LOG/CACHE/active
Please upload the lpg file to Dropbox or google drive and post the link here, I will download it.

SM : 0ASDE7E1B1008F

LOG: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpbg8np6lbsb234/log-2017-09-25.txt?dl=0
2017-9-25
Use props
zoll3r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 430085 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

Hello!

I have the same problem.. I bought 2 drone, from 2 different sources. One works perfectly, but the other does not register for 5 days. What can i do??
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Ksarkaria Posted at 2017-9-25 04:16
Any news? I will be retuning my drone in 2 hours time!

Sorry for the trouble caused, may we know where you purchased the drone? From a dji authorized dealer or a third-party dealer?
If you purchased it from our authorized dealer, please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the proof of purchase, then leave me your ticket number here, we'll help you deal with the case soon.
If no, you will need contact the dealer where you purchased it for assistance.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

zoll3r Posted at 2017-9-25 15:35
Hello!

I have the same problem.. I bought 2 drone, from 2 different sources. One works perfectly, but the other does not register for 5 days. What can i do??

Sorry to read on it, may we know where you purchased the drone, which cannot be activated?
Please provide us your aircraft SN and the activation log so we can help you check it, thanks.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

zonemikey Posted at 2017-9-25 03:42

We feel your pain, sorry to read on this.
May we know where you purchased the drone? Would you please provide us your aircraft SN and the activation log so we can help? Thanks.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fansbe32d6bf Posted at 2017-9-25 06:09
SM : 0ASDE7E1B1008F

LOG: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rpbg8np6lbsb234/log-2017-09-25.txt?dl=0

Got it, we're checking your case with engineers at recent, will get back to you soon.
Besides, may I know where you purchased the drone? From a DJI authorized dealer or not?
2017-9-25
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Postado em 2017-9-25 18:07
Obteve, estamos checando seu caso com engenheiros no recente, voltaremos para você em breve.
Além disso, posso saber onde você comprou o drone? De um revendedor autorizado DJI ou não?

Qual a diferença se o revendedor está autorizado ou não? O problema é o mesmo para todos e os únicos que podem ajudar nisso são vocês. E, aparentemente, eles podem resolver facilmente, assim como fizeram com pessoas que tiveram esse problema. Porque eles não apenas o resolvem em vez de fazer as pessoas perderem o tempo? O problema é com o servidor Dji, o revendedor não pode resolver isso.
2017-9-25
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-9-25 17:57
Sorry for the trouble caused, may we know where you purchased the drone? From a dji authorized dealer or a third-party dealer?
If you purchased it from our authorized dealer, please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the proof of purchase, then leave me your ticket number here, we'll help you deal with the case soon.
If no, you will need contact the dealer where you purchased it for assistance.

I keep seeing you tell people this, but what's the actual issue? What did the engineers say? Are there even engineers or is it just a story you're telling people to make it seem like you're trying to help?!
I want to know what the engineer said about the log I sent you
2017-9-25
Use props
fansbe32d6bf
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-9-25 18:07
Got it, we're checking your case with engineers at recent, will get back to you soon.
Besides, may I know where you purchased the drone? From a DJI authorized dealer or not?

It was gift from my friend!
2017-9-25
Use props
zoll3r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 430085 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-9-25 18:01
Sorry to read on it, may we know where you purchased the drone, which cannot be activated?
Please provide us your aircraft SN and the activation log so we can help you check it, thanks.

Thank You!

Which works, it was brought by a friend from England, but this is a CN modell. Which doesn't work, i bought in a shop in Budapest (Black Tip Elektronika) This is an EU modell. This SN is: 0ASDE6E1C100C3

And this is the log (i hope):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jftb6 ... 2hOO9SNFUsttaa?dl=0
2017-9-25
Use props
Kaygeebee
New

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-9-25 18:07

Guys, the clue is in the question that keeps getting asked 'Where did you purchase the drone, from a DJI authorized dealer or not'.  I spoke to an authorized UK dealer yesterday who told me the following.  'DJI are blocking all serial numbers from activation that they suspect of being grey imports'.

My question and comment to DJI is thus.  Where did the grey imports originate from, they didn't happen to have been made in your factory by any chance did they?  You didn't sell them to a distribution business did you?  Bottom line DJI, when I look for a product I google for best price and base my purchase on seller feedback, if that seller has got hold of the product through non-official means then that's your issue for losing control of your supply chain.  By blocking the product from activation you are hurting the consumer not the re-seller.  You've been paid for the product at some point, now do the decent thing and allow the buyers to activate.  One VERY unhappy spark buyer!!
2017-9-26
Use props
12345Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules