Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark activation failed server error
30975 179 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zoll3r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 430085 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

In the store where I bought, 2 opportunities were given for me. They change the drone, but they have a similar problem with the whole, so it probably will not work. Or they give me back my money, but last Thursday it was a discount. So if I choose this, I have to buy one more expensive, or another type.

So I was hoping the dji could help..

What I do not understand is that some people, after some time, are roughly accidental, but the registration is successful. I've heard tips for trying on Android after Iphone, with older software, etc. What can that be?
2017-9-26
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166280 ft
United States

zoll3r Posted at 2017-9-26 06:38
In the store where I bought, 2 opportunities were given for me. They change the drone, but they have a similar problem with the whole, so it probably will not work. Or they give me back my money, but last Thursday it was a discount. So if I choose this, I have to buy one more expensive, or another type.

DJI can release the activation at any time, but will only do so if you have purchased it from an authorized reseller. That's the problem here. It is hurting the consumer and not the seller.
2017-9-26
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
United States

Kaygeebee Posted at 2017-9-26 03:50
Guys, the clue is in the question that keeps getting asked 'Where did you purchase the drone, from a DJI authorized dealer or not'.  I spoke to an authorized UK dealer yesterday who told me the following.  'DJI are blocking all serial numbers from activation that they suspect of being grey imports'.

My question and comment to DJI is thus.  Where did the grey imports originate from, they didn't happen to have been made in your factory by any chance did they?  You didn't sell them to a distribution business did you?  Bottom line DJI, when I look for a product I google for best price and base my purchase on seller feedback, if that seller has got hold of the product through non-official means then that's your issue for losing control of your supply chain.  By blocking the product from activation you are hurting the consumer not the re-seller.  You've been paid for the product at some point, now do the decent thing and allow the buyers to activate.  One VERY unhappy spark buyer!!

I think the same. I paid for the spark, it's not my fault where it came from. I was looking for the best price just like everyone else does. And now I'm 7 days with the drone not working and the salesman is there with my money. Allow the activation of our drones !!!
2017-9-26
Use props
Kaygeebee
New
United Kingdom

Well it's very simple, either one of the DJI employees contacts me and releases the serial number for activation or I return to the seller for a refund.  If I go the refund route I'll never ever buy another DJI product and go on a mission to discredit them and their appalling attitude to Customers on every forum I can find.
2017-9-26
Use props
zonemikey
New
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-9-25 18:02
We feel your pain, sorry to read on this.
May we know where you purchased the drone? Would you please provide us your aircraft SN and the activation log so we can help? Thanks.

It was purchased from Millennium Business Systems, Wokingham, UK.
S/N: 0ASDE7E0A101L0
2017-9-26
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
United States

Can someone please pay attention here? Time is just passing by and several people, including me, can not use the drone. This is very frustrating.
2017-9-26
Use props
zoll3r
lvl.1
  • >>>
Hungary

Yes, this is one of the worst. Several people sent the serial number, log file, but the Dji tells me nothing 2 days ago...
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Kaygeebee Posted at 2017-9-26 03:50
Guys, the clue is in the question that keeps getting asked 'Where did you purchase the drone, from a DJI authorized dealer or not'.  I spoke to an authorized UK dealer yesterday who told me the following.  'DJI are blocking all serial numbers from activation that they suspect of being grey imports'.

My question and comment to DJI is thus.  Where did the grey imports originate from, they didn't happen to have been made in your factory by any chance did they?  You didn't sell them to a distribution business did you?  Bottom line DJI, when I look for a product I google for best price and base my purchase on seller feedback, if that seller has got hold of the product through non-official means then that's your issue for losing control of your supply chain.  By blocking the product from activation you are hurting the consumer not the re-seller.  You've been paid for the product at some point, now do the decent thing and allow the buyers to activate.  One VERY unhappy spark buyer!!

Sorry for your unpleasant experience. Please provide me the SN of your spark and your DJI account. Thanks for support.
2017-9-27
Use props
fansbe32d6bf
lvl.1
Flight distance : 528655 ft
United Kingdom

SM : 0ASDE7E1B1008F

Leito9802@live.com

Pleas activate my spark !!!!!!!!!
2017-9-27
Use props
zonemikey
New
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-27 01:37
Sorry for your unpleasant experience. Please provide me the SN of your spark and your DJI account. Thanks for support.

It seems all the DJI "Administrators" are asking for this info but nothing actually happens.

Please advise why you ask for this info and what you intend to do with it?

I previously supplied a DJI Administrator with this info but my drone is still grounded!
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

zoll3r Posted at 2017-9-26 06:38

Could you please provide us the receipt of the drone? Thank you in advance.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansbe32d6bf Posted at 2017-9-27 02:28
SM : 0ASDE7E1B1008F

Leito9802@live.com

Sorry for this, could you please provide us with the receipt of the drone if you can? Thank you in advance!
2017-9-27
Use props
BobD
lvl.3
Germany

Bought mine from GearBest which I assume is in China.  The Spark was delivered to Germany on 23 September.  
There was no problem activating after I realized that when your iPad has no mobile phone (SIM Card) you can't connect to the drone and internet simultaneously.  You must switch back and forth during upgrading and activation.  I did get a warning that I bought from an "Unauthorized Dealer" but all went OK.  I then purchased DJI Refresh and it went through with no problem.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

zonemikey Posted at 2017-9-27 03:15
It seems all the DJI "Administrators" are asking for this info but nothing actually happens.

Please advise why you ask for this info and what you intend to do with it?

Zonemikey, we appreciate your cooperation, we are working on it now, we'll keep you all updated, please wait patiently.
2017-9-27
Use props
Johnny C!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44839 ft
United States

I am going to post the following comments here, because
it has some current posts from DJI employees.

I bought my Spark at Best Buy in NC, last Saturday.
I cannot get my RC to update. I was told by John Spencer
on live chat that the new app would be available on
the Play Store yesterday, but it's still not there.

I also am questioning if I will still be able to purchase
the DJI Care, since it's supposed to be purchased within
48 hours of activation of the drone, which I apparently
did, since I could see live footage on my Samsung Tab,and I still cannot fly it because of the RC update issues.

I have until next Saturday to return the whole package to
best buy. I paid $699 for the Fly More, and $49 for an
extra battery, as well as $54 for a set of filters.

So I have paid $900 for a drone I can't use, and another
$70 on a case and other accessories that I ordered the
day after I purchased the Spark.

This does not give me a warm fuzzy from DJI.

I have a Phantom 3 4k, that I bought used &
works well enough for me to invest another
$1000 for a Spark.

This is not looking good for me with DJI, so far.

What are the chances I will get this flying
before October 7?

John

2017-9-27
Use props
zoll3r
lvl.1
  • >>>
Hungary

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-27 04:25
Could you please provide us the receipt of the drone? Thank you in advance.

As soon as I get home I'll take a picture and send it. But could you tell me something yet, what could be the problem ?? Can the product be defective or gray? Is this my fault? What will happen then? 1 week ago I bought and can not use it, I want something close to know what the cause of the error ..

The time is going. What if I go back and say I will not take it back? Unfortunately in Hungary this can easily be done ..
2017-9-27
Use props
djiuser_pf5Ujjb
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

#Quick Reply Here#hey guys ..it is an app error ,I had the same activation problem in Pnantom 3 SE I d activate it today ...... SOLUTION : Install DJI GO 3.1.8   you ll get : activation sucessfuly
2017-9-27
Use props
Kaygeebee
New
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-27 01:37

The account is kaygeebee1962@gmail.com and the drone serial number is OASDE6LOD10002

If you release the activation faith restored.  Thanks
2017-9-27
Use props
Kaygeebee
New
United Kingdom

djiuser_pf5Ujjb Posted at 2017-9-27 06:15
#Quick Reply Here#hey guys ..it is an app error ,I had the same activation problem in Pnantom 3 SE I d activate it today  ...... SOLUTION : Install DJI GO 3.1.8   you ll get : activation sucessfuly

The Spark isn't recognised by that software version.
2017-9-27
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24898 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_pf5Ujjb Posted at 2017-9-27 06:15
#Quick Reply Here#hey guys ..it is an app error ,I had the same activation problem in Pnantom 3 SE I d activate it today  ...... SOLUTION : Install DJI GO 3.1.8   you ll get : activation sucessfuly

Apart from the p3 uses a completey different app to the spark!
2017-9-27
Use props
Johnny C!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44839 ft
United States

I was on chat with techs for about 4 hours again
today, but I was able to get the RC firmware
updated today. Connection was sketchy today,
but I had the props off taking baby steps.

At least it's progress.

John
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Kaygeebee Posted at 2017-9-27 10:44
The account is  and the drone serial number is OASDE6LOD10002

If you release the activation faith restored.  Thanks

Kaygeebee, did you buy it from official store? Please provide me the store you bought from and the  
purchase voucher or you can PM me with those information. Thanks.
2017-9-27
Use props
Kaygeebee
New
United Kingdom

No I bought it from an online seller.  I received it in original sealed packaging.  I guess I was right in my assumption that this isn't a technical issue, it's a deliberate act by DJI. I checked online briefly this morning and the following highly respected retailers in the UK are selling DJI products, none are on your authorised list, are you going to block products bought from them?  John Lewis, Currys, Maplin, Amazon!!

Don't bother trying to help, customer service clearly isn't a priority for DJI.  I'll get a refund and spend my money with a company that cares.
2017-9-28
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
United States

Kaygeebee Posted at 2017-9-28 00:18
No I bought it from an online seller.  I received it in original sealed packaging.  I guess I was right in my assumption that this isn't a technical issue, it's a deliberate act by DJI. I checked online briefly this morning and the following highly respected retailers in the UK are selling DJI products, none are on your authorised list, are you going to block products bought from them?  John Lewis, Currys, Maplin, Amazon!!

Don't bother trying to help, customer service clearly isn't a priority for DJI.  I'll get a refund and spend my money with a company that cares.

Does DJI realize that they do not hurt sellers with this? They are hurting buyers and DJI. Everyone who is in trouble, will not buy DJI drones again. Including me!
2017-9-28
Use props
zonemikey
New
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-27 04:36
Zonemikey, we appreciate your cooperation, we are working on it now, we'll keep you all updated, please wait patiently.

Diana - I think we have been patient enough. I am now on day 7 of being grounded. If any of us actually knew or indeed had anyone from DJI tell us what the problem is and what is being done to fix the issue, only then can you ask us to be patient.

I have written an email to the DJI people below in hope they care more about DJI's reputation than everyone else we have been communication with so far. Low and behold, I had a call from China half a day later from some guy asking me to email him the Spark's serial number and proof of purchase. I emailed him both... Drone is still grounded, never heard back from him, he's not responding to my chaser emails and not even a note to say we're working on it or indeed an explanation on what the issue is.

I'll be writing to them again in 2 hours unless my Spark has taken off.

barbara.stelzner@dji.com
kevin.on@dji.com
adam.lisberg@dji.com
roger.luo@dji.com
frank.wang@dji.com
2017-9-28
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 893963 ft
United Kingdom

I am having the same problem and cant find a solution to the problem and DJI are not saying what the issue is!!!
2017-9-28
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-9-25 17:57
Sorry for the trouble caused, may we know where you purchased the drone? From a dji authorized dealer or a third-party dealer?
If you purchased it from our authorized dealer, please send an e-mail to support@dji.com with the proof of purchase, then leave me your ticket number here, we'll help you deal with the case soon.
If no, you will need contact the dealer where you purchased it for assistance.

I have sent proof of purchase.
Request number 765393.

I have spoken to the seller and they assure me that the drone was bought from cms distribution who are an authorised seller.

Can you confirm this?
2017-9-28
Use props
djiuser_4ADGJuH
lvl.1
Hungary

Hello
I tried to activate my spark again, failed. I followed the instructions of the support, I changed another tab, but djigo4 says: Activation failed (server error, please retry.)

I was contacted a week ago the Dji support .They say: we have a problem with our server. They say many times: Maybe you can try it again..

Here I read the new news that the dji blocked many serial numbers.

Is it possible ?

Please help resolve the activation problem.

Serial Number: 0ASDE8R0A1012U

email: kosztolanyi.laszlo@vidanet.hu
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_4ADGJuH Posted at 2017-9-28 03:22
Hello
I tried to activate my spark again, failed. I followed the instructions of the support, I changed another tab, but djigo4 says: Activation failed (server error, please retry.)

Firstly, please confirm where you purchase the product.  If the product is purchased from a DJI authorized channel, please provide a legal proof of purchase. If not, please contact the buyer. Thank you for your cooperation.
2017-9-28
Use props
Kaygeebee
New
United Kingdom

I feel a 'Don't buy DJI' Twitter and Facebook campaign coming on.  Let's get this viral, any website you are that let's you post reviews, don't hold back.  Tell the world about your wonderful DJI customer experience.  The only way these arrogant no marks will ever listen is by damaging their reputation.
2017-9-28
Use props
djiuser_4ADGJuH
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-28 03:57
Firstly, please confirm where you purchase the product.  If the product is purchased from a DJI authorized channel, please provide a legal proof of purchase. If not, please contact the buyer. Thank you for your cooperation.

I bought from an individual on the internet marketplace.

The original place of purchase is a dji trading, according to the seller.
Can you check this on the serial number?

I received it in original sealed packaging, eu version ..
I can not send it back because of the time elapsed. He did not make a refund.

1 week ago  contact with dji support.
They say: we have a problem with our server, just make to try activating it again and again...
If you want, I can copy the letters from the Dji support.

Are you saying activation is only possible if you have been bought from an official dji dealer?

Is there such a rule? Where can I find this out? Please mark the document online source.
2017-9-28
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have provided proof of purchase.... Now what?
2017-9-28
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 893963 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Have you seen the news where Ryanair have cancelled loads of customer flights without warning. That has now led to a huge revolt by many people refusing to use them, YOU are going down that same DARK ROAD. Please don't under estimate us, we are the ones who are buying the product. STOP treating us like fools and tell us what the problem is and what you are doing to resolve this before its too late!!!!!!!!
2017-9-28
Use props
Kaygeebee
New
United Kingdom

I suspect our cries for help will go unanswered.  We seem to be dealing with people who display levels of autonomy normally found in battery hens.
2017-9-28
Use props
zonemikey
New
United Kingdom

To be honest, I have gone past caring now. Have spoken to the company I purchased it from and they have agreed to a refund when I'm back from holiday. Great guys and very responsive. Even they are scratching their heads on this subject.

DJI, I wish you the best in your quest to dominate the skies... (or the ground whilst flashing your pretty little lights that means absolutely nothing)
2017-9-28
Use props
Lisjoi
lvl.1

United States

Kaygeebee Posted at 2017-9-28 09:34
I suspect our cries for help will go unanswered.  We seem to be dealing with people who display levels of autonomy normally found in battery hens.

It seems so. I'm waiting for an answer and nobody says anything. It's getting difficult to be patient. I've already sent everything they asked me and so far nothing.
2017-9-28
Use props
Kaygeebee
New
United Kingdom

In retrospect, even battery hens can fly so that makes them better than a dji spark and they cost £6 each not 6 f*cking hundred
2017-9-28
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Whether it's true or not, iv been told by the company that I got mine from that they have been in contact with dji and there is a problem within dji, and that activation codes should be sorted Friday/monday.

Can someone from dji confirm this?!
2017-9-28
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-25 00:24
Sorry for this, I've replied your another post, please check it, please also export the log for analysis, we'll do our best to resolve it remotely.

Hi, I have a similar problem, i bought the SPARK COMBO in DJI online shop, and i am requested to enter a "Mainland China telephone number" when i try to upgrade my RC, without that i can't go on to operate my drone neither by RC or mobile....what can i do? Am I doing something wrong? i have upgrated my AC and batteries but not my RC.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Kaygeebee Posted at 2017-9-28 04:08
I feel a 'Don't buy DJI' Twitter and Facebook campaign coming on.  Let's get this viral, any website you are that let's you post reviews, don't hold back.  Tell the world about your wonderful DJI customer experience.  The only way these arrogant no marks will ever listen is by damaging their reputation.

Kaygeebee, sorry to inform you that your aircraft can not be activated because of the following reason: It was reported to be stolen during transportation.  And we have already reported to the local police and the police has filed the case. Now both the insurance company and the police are investigating.
Please contact the party who sold the drone to you for refund. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules