Spark activation failed server error
325408 325408 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-9-28 15:08
Hi, I have a similar problem, i bought the SPARK COMBO in DJI online shop, and i am requested to enter a "Mainland China telephone number" when i try to upgrade my RC, without that i can't go on to operate my drone neither by RC or mobile....what can i do? Am I doing something wrong? i have upgrated my AC and batteries but not my RC.

Did you try to connect your device with the local Internet? Please put your AC in a place with good GPS signal and then restart your AC and app.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Ksarkaria Posted at 2017-9-25 01:08
My SN: 0ASDE610B1009K
Account: kiranbir_s@hotmail.com

Ksarkaria, sorry to inform you that your drone was reported as a lost drone and was stolen during transportation. Since we reported to the police and filed the case, the insurance company and police were working on it.  
Please contact the store or party you bought from and ask for refund. Sorry for the inconvenience it brings.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

zonemikey Posted at 2017-9-26 10:09
It was purchased from Millennium Business Systems, Wokingham, UK.
S/N: 0ASDE7E0A101L0

Zonemikey, feel sorry that your aircraft used to be stolen during transportation. So it can not be activated because of that.
Please contact the party who sold the drone to you for refund.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_4ADGJuH Posted at 2017-9-28 04:53
I bought from an individual on the internet marketplace.

The original place of purchase is a dji trading, according to the seller.

Could you please provide me with your product's serial number, DJI account, and a legal proof of purchase? You can upload the invoice to Dropbox and PM me the info needed, I will help to check with your drone. Thanks.
2017-9-29
Use props
djiuser_4ADGJuH
lvl.1
Hungary

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-29 03:06
Could you please provide me with your product's serial number, DJI account, and a legal proof of purchase? You can upload the invoice to Dropbox and PM me the info needed, I will help to check with your drone. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I do not have a purchase certificate.
I bought from private person,
Hungarian internet marketplace "jofogas.hu"

Please let me know,  that it comes from a legal place or not, according to serial number.
If a theft happened, let me inform the police.

Serial Number: 0ASDE8R0A1012U

dji account: kosztolanyi.laszlo@vidanet.hu
2017-9-29
Use props
zoll3r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 430085 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

It's great!! You could not have said before? You do not whisper the seller, it's us. On Wednesday they said they would give the money back but now they do not want it.

You are awesome...  
2017-9-29
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166280 ft
United States

Why did they delay to warn you? Now the deadline for return is over. Have many people from different countries and states bought stolen drones in transportation? This is very strange. How is our situation now? Are we going to get hurt?
2017-9-29
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 893963 ft
United Kingdom

I had another heated conversation with DJI Technical support who again said they could'nt respond to my problem as I have a case open and can only deal with that person by email. Again they would not accept reponsibility for the Activation Error. The agent I spoke to said she was NOT aware of any activation issues, so I told her to stop lying and admit there is a issue as there is no way there can be so many people with this issue and Technical Support dont know about it. They have until Monday to resolve this issue and contact me before I take this to the press.
2017-9-29
Use props
fans8391c014
New

United Kingdom

Hi DJI same problem as all others. Won't let me activate. Can you confirm why I am unable to activate. I bought from Millenium Business Systems Limited, Unit 3 Asheville Way, Wokingham, Berkshire RG41 2PL UK. The serial number is 0ASDE6M0D100DN. This is all very frustrating and is destroying what I had hoped would be my first experience of owning a drone. Only serving to convince me it was a bad decision and the wrong thing to do. Any help to activate would be very much appreciated
2017-9-29
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-29 02:15
Did you try to connect your device with the local Internet? Please put your AC in a place with good GPS signal and then restart your AC and app.

Yes I did try that, but what helped me was to follow up your advice on another thread, I downgraded the DJI GO4 app and then i was able to connect and upgrade my RC, so thank you for the tip. But I still got yhe same issue with the chinese mainland number request when i upgrade to the latest version of DJI GO4 app, also the map settings are made for china in my GO4 app and I can not see where I can change that.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_4ADGJuH Posted at 2017-9-29 04:18
Unfortunately, I do not have a purchase certificate.
I bought from private person,
Hungarian internet marketplace "jofogas.hu"

I had checked your serial number, and I am sorry to tell that it is confirmed to be the case like Elektra mention at 82#. Please contact the party who sold the drone to you for a refund. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
2017-9-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

guilhermydga Posted at 2017-9-29 09:42
Why did they delay to warn you? Now the deadline for return is over. Have many people from different countries and states bought stolen drones in transportation? This is very strange. How is our situation now? Are we going to get hurt?

Sorry for the inconvenience that had been caused. Please contact the retailer of your drone for a refund.
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

xtremeflyer Posted at 2017-9-29 10:13
I had another heated conversation with DJI Technical support who again said they could'nt respond to my problem as I have a case open and can only deal with that person by email. Again they would not accept reponsibility for the Activation Error. The agent I spoke to said she was NOT aware of any activation issues, so I told her to stop lying and admit there is a issue as there is no way there can be so many people with this issue and Technical Support dont know about it. They have until Monday to resolve this issue and contact me before I take this to the press.

I am sorry for the difficulties, I could feel your pain. But if the drone you received is confirmed as the situation of missing from DJI, there is very little we can do for you. And we suggest contacting the party who sold the drone to you for a refund.
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

fans8391c014 Posted at 2017-9-29 22:29
Hi DJI same problem as all others. Won't let me activate. Can you confirm why I am unable to activate. I bought from Millenium Business Systems Limited, Unit 3 Asheville Way, Wokingham, Berkshire RG41 2PL UK. The serial number is 0ASDE6M0D100DN. This is all very frustrating and is destroying what I had hoped would be my first experience of owning a drone. Only serving to convince me it was a bad decision and the wrong thing to do. Any help to activate would be very much appreciated

I had checked your serial number, and I am sorry to tell that it is confirmed to be the case like Elektra mention at 82#. Please contact the party who sold the drone to you for a refund. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Hope you can get all the thing resorted soon.
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-9-29 23:29
Yes I did try that, but what helped me was to follow up your advice on another thread, I downgraded the DJI GO4 app and then i was able to connect and upgrade my RC, so thank you for the tip. But I still got yhe same issue with the chinese mainland number request when i upgrade to the latest version of DJI GO4 app, also the map settings are made for china in my GO4 app and I can not see where I can change that.

So the request will not pop up when you are using the old version DJI GO 4, right? Just to verify, had you tried to update the app to the latest version and then tried again that Elektra mentioned above? And I can't figure out your issue that the map settings are made for China. What mobile device are you using?
Could you please provide me with some screenshots of your case, or an operating process is highly appreciated.
2017-9-30
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-30 00:01
Sorry for the inconvenience that had been caused. Please contact the retailer of your drone for a refund.

Did you read what I said? People are waiting for an answer over 1 week! We will not be able to make a refund. This is very strange! People from Hungary, United States, United Kingdom and Germany had exactly the same problem in the same week and all are drones stolen in transport?
2017-9-30
Use props
h4ck3r
New

Spain

i have the same error T.T
2017-9-30
Use props
djiuser_ScPTyw1
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I AM SO UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!!!
2017-9-30
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24898 ft
United Kingdom

fans8391c014 Posted at 2017-9-29 22:29

They will take it back, they were very sneaky in telling me there were issues with dji, until obviously dji realised they were stolen, I returned mine to Millieniem yesterday for a full refund and bought one from maplins (more expensive) but it activated 1st attempt!
2017-9-30
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-29 02:31
Ksarkaria, sorry to inform you that your drone was reported as a lost drone and was stolen during transportation. Since we reported to the police and filed the case, the insurance company and police were working on it.  
Please contact the store or party you bought from and ask for refund. Sorry for the inconvenience it brings.

Thank you for finding this out, the drone has since been returned and my new one bought from a official distributor works perfectly
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

guilhermydga Posted at 2017-9-30 00:41
Did you read what I said? People are waiting for an answer over 1 week! We will not be able to make a refund. This is very strange! People from Hungary, United States, United Kingdom and Germany had exactly the same problem in the same week and all are drones stolen in transport?

I understand your frustration, but we can not give you the false warning before we confirmed the exact status. I'm sorry for the late confirmation as well.

Personally, I would contact the seller first if the new product can not be used properly. After all, it was them that take my money. I know it might be hard to negotiate with the seller, but selling illegal products will not bring them any good reputation.

Again, I apologize for all inconveneince. Hopefully you could understand and contact the seller asap to negotiate.

2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ScPTyw1 Posted at 2017-9-30 02:57
I AM SO UNHAPPY CUSTOMER!!!

Sir, we are sorry for the unpleasant experience. If you have the same issue, please leave us your aircraft serial number, we'd like to help you.
2017-9-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

h4ck3r Posted at 2017-9-30 02:45
i have the same error T.T

Could you tell us the serial number of your aircraft? I 'd like to look into it.
2017-9-30
Use props
fans8391c014
New

United Kingdom

Ksarkaria Posted at 2017-9-30 03:17
They will take it back, they were very sneaky in telling me there were issues with dji, until obviously dji realised they were stolen, I returned mine to Millieniem yesterday for a full refund and bought one from maplins (more expensive) but it activated 1st attempt!

Thanks you. I have now contacted the seller and hopefully they will resolve asap
2017-9-30
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-30 00:16
So the request will not pop up when you are using the old version DJI GO 4, right? Just to verify, had you tried to update the app to the latest version and then tried again that Elektra mentioned above? And I can't figure out your issue that the map settings are made for China. What mobile device are you using?
Could you please provide me with some screenshots of your case, or an operating process is highly appreciated.

Sure I can try to make some screenshots when it appears again, but i don't know how to paste/ upload the images to the thread, can you tell me how i do that please?
2017-9-30
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fans8391c014 Posted at 2017-9-30 05:32
Thanks you. I have now contacted the seller and hopefully they will resolve asap

They emailed me and asked me to return it, they are also aware of this thread so you have evidence to back yourself up.
2017-9-30
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-9-30 06:50
Sure I can try to make some screenshots when it appears again, but i don't know how to paste/ upload the images to the thread, can you tell me how i do that please?

Did you by any chance go into flight simulator on pc? This has been known to bring up the mainland number issue.

If you connect to dji assistant and reset the firmware it should solve this
2017-9-30
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-30 04:49
I understand your frustration, but we can not give you the false warning before we confirmed the exact status. I'm sorry for the late confirmation as well.

Personally, I would contact the seller first if the new product can not be used properly. After all, it was them that take my money. I know it might be hard to negotiate with the seller, but selling illegal products will not bring them any good reputation.

Refund will not be possible. I can not contact the seller. What do I do? Will I have a stopped drone without any use? There's nothing we can do? Can we talk for PM?
2017-9-30
Use props
zoll3r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 430085 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

I sold the plane, somebody make a part of it. However, this is a very bad attitude from Dji. Nobody could have known this, so it was not before. We bought and paid the product in several different places. And you say you've been in so many places from stolen drones for a week, that's more than interesting.

I acknowledge somehow our mistake that we have taken it in a non-controlled place. But in Hungary, the biggest distributors' machines are also affected. But of course they did not suck it, but we, the buyers. For this, the Dji is just assisting.

Thank You, and Good Bye.
2017-9-30
Use props
Viking-Pilot
Second Officer
Spain

Ksarkaria Posted at 2017-9-30 07:43
Did you by any chance go into flight simulator on pc? This has been known to bring up the mainland number issue.

If you connect to dji assistant and reset the firmware it should solve this

Yes I did entered the simulator on the PC the first time I connected the drone for the firmware update, so maybe that could explain it...I have been out there today to have some fun flying and i just burned my 4 batteries having quite lot of fun, but i had to change place as i got a message saying i was in a potential non fly zone, but i got that message after flying there for almost 2 batteries.
Beside that I love this drone, can't wait to get better flying it so i can concentrate more on the camera to shoot and filming.
2017-9-30
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi all, I have still not been able to activate my spark. But I have read on the DJI Forum re Activatation Error that they are now saying the Drones where stolen in Transit. But what I dont get is that there is so many others from around the world with the same issue, so I ask myself how did so many drones get stolen from so many different locations around the world?
I then downloaded the app Kittyhawk and when it detected my spark there was a pop up window showing it had connected to it and shows the serial number of my drone too. Out of interest I double checked my serial number on my drone to find it is different to the one on the little sticker and QR code, why is this I ask??? I would suggest more people try the same and check what they are getting as mine is completely different to the one I registered with DJI from the label on it. I am making the assumption that the WIFI SSID and password must be wrong too as its on the label on the bottom side of my drone with the serial number that doesnt match.
2017-10-1
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

So I ask, is this the problem with why the drones wont ACTIVATE because the factory have a issue with the labels and have mixed them up so they cant activate as the server doesnt recognise the details?
2017-10-1
Use props
Weasel_
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Unable to activate also
I too bought from Millenium Business Systems Limited, Unit 3 Asheville Way, Wokingham, Berkshire RG41 2PL UK.
My serial number is 0ASDE7E0B101MG.

Can someone here confirm if I have a stolen SPARK? Cheers

Anyone who I bought from Millenium Business Systems Limited can you confirm if they were good with dealing with refunds?

2017-10-2
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I was asked by the supplier I called this morning if I was calling about the MIX UP OF SERIAL NUMBERS ON THE DJI SPARK.
This explains my post above #111
I personally think that DJI have a issue with the serial numbers not matching the labels stuck onto the drones from the factory.
I downloaded KITTYHAWK app and it detected my serial number as something completely different to what is on the label.
So i assume if that is the case the WIFI SSID and password supplied on the label does not match the actual serial number on the drones computer hence nobody being able to ACTIVATE IT.
I am NOT SURE why DJI Administrators are saying to people on this forum who gave them there serial number that it was STOLEN IN TRANSIT. IS THIS AN EXCUSE TO COVER UP THE SERIAL NUMBER MIX UP, OR IS MINE JUST A ONE OFF.
CAN SOMEONE ELSE DOWNLOAD kittyhawk app and check please???
2017-10-2
Use props
guilhermydga
lvl.1
United States

xtremeflyer Posted at 2017-10-2 04:35
I was asked by the supplier I called this morning if I was calling about the MIX UP OF SERIAL NUMBERS ON THE DJI SPARK.
This explains my post above #111
I personally think that DJI have a issue with the serial numbers not matching the labels stuck onto the drones from the factory.

I did not find where SN shows in the app
2017-10-2
Use props
Ksarkaria
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Weasel_ Posted at 2017-10-2 04:13
Unable to activate also
I too bought from Millenium Business Systems Limited, Unit 3 Asheville Way, Wokingham, Berkshire RG41 2PL UK.
My serial number is 0ASDE7E0B101MG.

I did, they refunded me no problem, luckily I love close by so was able to take it in person and return it. If you paid by PayPal and the don't offer you a refund, you're fully covered anyway.
2017-10-2
Use props
Weasel_
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Millenium Business Systems Limited are dealing with my refund and have been  good so far.  I think they've been caught out as much  as their customers. Sending back through ebay/paypal so have to go through that process. So is the lesson here is only buy from authorised sellers? Where can I obtain that list? Dji website? If the price is good or too good walk away!!
2017-10-3
Use props
xtremeflyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

guilhermydga Posted at 2017-10-2 13:06
I did not find where SN shows in the app

That is very strange, I assume you downloaded KITTYHAWK app?
I dont know how to post photos on here otherwise I would show you the screenshot of the kittyhawk app showing my serial number
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-9-30 06:50

You can click the Advanced icon and upload your pictures. Alternatively, you can upload the pictures to Dropbox or Google Drive and send us the link directly.   
2017-10-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

guilhermydga Posted at 2017-9-30 09:29
Refund will not be possible. I can not contact the seller. What do I do? Will I have a stopped drone without any use? There's nothing we can do? Can we talk for PM?

I have contacted you in PM, please check and confirm.
2017-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules