1294 3 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flyingstoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 123944 ft

United Kingdom

Hi

I was using gesture mode today and launched in a field , gestured video on, and then fly away to start tracking me as I walked on.
This all worked fine but the Spark lost tracking target. I went back and used the Beckon gesture which re initiated tracking.
Once again however after walking a few metres it lost me (possibly due to shadows from nearby trees). THis time it would not respond to
the backon command and it would not returm to me. I started up my RC unit and waited for the green connect LED which took a few seconds.
I could bring the drone down and to me but when pulling the left stick down to land on my hand it would not shut down and wanted to maintain its position.
It seemed like it would not overide its vertical anti collision system

I have used this landing technique before with a phone connected so why would it not complete the landing?

It eventually went to a low battery warning and then it did land on my hand and shut down.

a bit complicated but any ideas?
2017-9-24
Use props
Bright Spark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

It tries to climb away. If you keep left stick down eventually it lands but it's risky to catch without welding gloves on
There is no know cure other than what you did to regain gesture when it loses you. Renders gesture pretty useless really.
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Flyingstoo, did you change a place to have a try? Any interference around your spark. How about the GPS signal?
You can export the flight data and upload it to dropbox for us to analyze. Thanks for support.

2017-9-24
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Once it lost you it may have come out of Gesture Mode, especially if you used the RC to control it afterwards. AFAIK it will only Palm Land in Gesture mode which is why it was refusing to do so. I think you'd need to go back in front of it and hold up your palm until Gesture Mode was re-established, then do the Palm Landing.

I've never been brave enough to attempt Gesture Mode without having the RC (with phone) linked up already as its so flaky.
2018-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules