Newbie P3 question
1133 14 2017-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John UK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115030 ft
United Kingdom

Quick question abput P3 std. If i lose connection through the app and i try to return home and it says return home failed, will flicking the left switch twice return the drone home or is it no different than trying to teturn home through the app?
2017-9-24
Use props
John UK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Apologies for spelling. Sausage fingers!
2017-9-24
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

When you aren't sure of what's going on, just turn your controller off.  And wait.  The AC will happily return home like a long lost puppy.
2017-9-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you have lost connection, you won't be able to make the Phantom do anything with switching or anything else.
That's why DJI program the Phantom to initiate RTH itself 3 seconds after losing signal.

RTH is a very important topic and one you should read thouroughly in the manual and practice so you understand what it does and how it does it.
2017-9-24
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sounds like another fly away    What happened?
2017-9-24
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

If you have no control connection to the aircraft, the first led on the controller will be red.  In that case, you can flip all the switches you want and it will do nothing.  It is what is says, no connection.  But, if you have set up the P3Standard to Return To Home in case of lost connection, then it will return to home by itself.   
2017-9-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Failsafe RTH will be triggered when the RC signal is lost more than 3 seconds. Please check below:
P3S Failsafe RTH.png
2017-9-24
Use props
John UK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

No flyaway just I lost all video connection and then all the height/altitude values went blank and the return home kept saying failed along with the app saying disconnected. I was waiting around 5 minutes and still no sign of the bird returning home. Then all of a sudden I see it flying back home on its own. What I'm getting at is it was only about 1 minutes flying time away but I lost it for about 5 minutes so it can't of been returning home as soon as the signal was lost. When I checked back the video on the sd card it was hovering for the full 5 minutes whilst the app was telling me I was disconnected. Why didn't it return home immediately if it was disconnected?
2017-9-25
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Sometimes if you are panicking, then 1 minute can seem like 5  (or more)
2017-9-25
Use props
John UK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It was deffo about 5 mins. I checked the video from the sd card and it was just hovering there hence why I'm asking why it didn't return hone within seconds of the app saying disconnected and all height/distance values going blank. When this happened I remember moving the gimbal to see if the video reappeared and on the sd video the gimbal does indeed move so the controller was still connected to the drone even though the app wasn't.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

John UK Posted at 2017-9-26 05:43
It was deffo about 5 mins. I checked the video from the sd card and it was just hovering there hence why I'm asking why it didn't return hone within seconds of the app saying disconnected and all height/distance values going blank. When this happened I remember moving the gimbal to see if the video reappeared and on the sd video the gimbal does indeed move so the controller was still connected to the drone even though the app wasn't.

What mobile device are you using? Is the APP up to date?
2017-9-26
Use props
John UK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Galaxy S5 and app is up to date.
2017-10-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

John UK Posted at 2017-10-8 16:01
Galaxy S5 and app is up to date.

Sounds like the APP was disconnected, but the remote controller signal wasn't lost, you were still able to control the drone via RC, that's why the drone didn't return to home. Try to reinstall the APP, I would recommend you enable the Airplane mode when you are flying the drone with your phone.
2017-10-8
Use props
John UK
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-8 19:04
Sounds like the APP was disconnected, but the remote controller signal wasn't lost, you were still able to control the drone via RC, that's why the drone didn't return to home. Try to reinstall the APP, I would recommend you enable the Airplane mode when you are flying the drone with your phone.

Thanks for the reply Diana. How do I use airplane mode as it disconnects wifi?
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

John UK Posted at 2017-10-14 16:41
Thanks for the reply Diana. How do I use airplane mode as it disconnects wifi?

Enable the Airplane mode first, then enable the WiFi connection again.
2017-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules