Shaking, Drifting Flight
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ifixit.gary
lvl.1

United States

If you have the capability, feel free to move this to a page on the forum suitable for the problem described in this document.

I have a phantom 2 vision
I downloaded the Vision App to my desktop computer and found the information page which lists the user info and the software info which lists version 3.6 as the current version.
I have looked at all the other tabs,  "View", "Basic", "Advanced", "Tools" and "Upgrade" but was only able to locate the Transmitter page under "Basic", sub tab  "RC" where I found this information . . .

"Please us the DJI PHANTOM 2 Transmitter (2.4G or 5.8G) to configure in this page.
Important
Please relink the Transmitter and receiver if either is changed, they power cycle your PHANTOM 2 and recalibrate  sticks."

This is the first time I am seeing this information  and I am not familiar with any of it nor do I have any idea what is meant by the last sentence.

The label on  the Transmitter: is image RC-Tx.jpg does that provide necessary info?
the label on the Range Extender is image RangeExt.jpg does that provide necessary info?

I scoured the PHANTOM 2 VISION user manual V1.6 (the most recent?) and found nothing concerning a "shaking aircraft in flight in dead calm air." The closest was on page 63 (copy attached) see image FirmwearUp.jpg, but again these three instructions make no sense to me at all.

Am I even going in the right direction in attempting to solve the problem of my Phantom 2 Vision shaking all over the place and drifting while airborne in dead calm air?  To see a video of the shaking video go to this you tube link:
The clip is titled  "Central Project"

If I could come up with the cash I would upgrade to  an Inspire 1 and leave all this nonsense behind.  But I can't.
Your frustrated Phantom 2 Vision pilot from Washington . . .

FirmwareUp.jpg
RangExt.JPG
RC-Tx.JPG
2015-4-5
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Are you sure it's the Phantom shaking and not the gimbal. Did you calibrate the RC with the assistant software? The blue type is for information only. I would not think the Phantom would shake in that way. It appears like the gimbal is making some erratic movements.
2015-4-5
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Gary,
You were not looking in the right spot!
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download
Lists 3.8 as the latest software/firmware and user manual as 1.8...

As for the shaking....I am guessing it is not due to being cold..brrrr...lol,
Seriously, try a new set of props, least expensive and easiest thing to try....
Also, check out this guide, lots of great how to's...https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1h ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0
And phantomhelp.com for other useful links....
2015-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules