12Next >
2618 46 2017-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi,

I have an issue with barely all my footage. There is some aera flickering (like the expo is jumping up and down every x frame) These footage are in manual (except the bike one, bacause active track put it in auto). 4k 30 fps, iso 100 , ss 60 , ND 32. As you see my footage are not useable...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5v72-FoJtINODFFMEp6WE83REE

Did someone had the same problem ? What solution is there ?

For the record, it's my 3 th mavic back from repair (the two first had focus issue). I just don't wan't to send it again...

Thanks a lot for the help

Quiq007
2017-9-25
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Seems like flickering behavior (not an issue necessarily). Did you try reduce res to 2.7k?
2017-9-25
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi,

Not really i m stuck inside for today... But that's mean i can't use 4k ? I see a lot of people with clear sharp flicker free image...And me I have this...
2017-9-25
Use props
Willik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 638796 ft
Czechia

Quiq007 Posted at 2017-9-25 03:22
Hi,

Not really i m stuck inside for today... But that's mean i can't use 4k ? I see a lot of people with clear sharp flicker free image...And me I have this...

No, so far as I know from different posts here. Fast moving areas(like your green grass over almost all screen) or even clouds moving fast on the sky can produce this unpleasant flickering...
Try 2.7k at 24fps... sharp -1 or 0... so far the best compromise (I wished I am wrong in this, but afraid I am not)
2017-9-25
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Its caused as the drone uses a really low bit rate for 4k which results in heavy compression.  Its an artefact every 8th frame you're seeing.
Unfortunately there is no "fix".  Products like Neat Video can reduce it quite a lot.  You can shoot in 2.7K where its a little bit less (but 2.7k shoots at a lower bit rate again so not eliminates).

2017-9-25
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

Thanks for all the help.

I look a lot of mavic footage and i don't see flicker as much as i have . Does it mean they all film at 2.7k ?

That's really a pain to have a 4k flying camcorder to be restricted by 2.7k
2017-9-25
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

How can i be sure that my mavic is not deffect ? How can i be sure that every mavic has that much flicker ?
2017-9-25
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

They do.  Most people use neatvideo plugins or pick scenes which dont have a lot of big movement in to hide it.  You'll see it more on scenes with a lot of movement.

See https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... roblem.18907/page-2   for example.
2017-9-25
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

How i see that effectively there is a lot of people who claim to have this problem. I feel less sad, my mavic doesn't need to go on repair. Also, i try 2k when i can move. By the way, this problem also hapen with ".mov" file ?  Thanks for the help
2017-9-25
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

.mov is just a container.  No difference to the underlying codec.  Ultimately its a hardware/software limitation - 60mbps simply isnt enough for good 4K.  Its one of the compromises in the entry level drone.
2017-9-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

gnirtS Posted at 2017-9-25 06:52
.mov is just a container.  No difference to the underlying codec.  Ultimately its a hardware/software limitation - 60mbps simply isnt enough for good 4K.  Its one of the compromises in the entry level drone.

Wow, I was thinking the Spark was entry level...
2017-9-25
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi again, i m sorry to come back on this, but i watch a lot of mavic 4k raw footage and i came to a conclusion : yes there is a litle flickering but never as much as mine. So how can i be sure my mavic is not deffect ? Is there a way i can send dji footage to be analysis ? Thanks for the help
2017-9-26
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi have update,

I go out test some 4k footage (i know rock head) to see if the problem is the same with another sd card. On the new video we see the problem more accentuate. In fact, I think it's not the 8 frames GOP, but a setting related problem. It act like the mavic is in the auto mode for the camera. But it's in manual. With change of light, the camera seem to recalculate the expo on it's own (it should not do that) It's really strange... Someone have this problem ?
2017-9-26
Use props
Mike Warren
lvl.2
Flight distance : 421532 ft
Australia

It could be a number of things. Can you upload a short video showing this problem?
2017-9-26
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

It's the video on the drive here :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5v72-FoJtINODFFMEp6WE83REE

one video (029) and also the bike one, show the more accentuate effect. It's really like the camera recalculate the luminosity on the fly, but she have to stay consistency.

Thanks for the help
2017-9-27
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

Litle update : I contact both online chat and mail support and both of them tell me that video is anormally flickering. So i send bakc mavic...But yesterday i received mail from repair center telling there is no problem, that the mavic is not capable of doing video without flickering. I contact back online chat support that confirm bad quality video.

It's a chame from a company like this to have such bad reppair center !! I really tired of all of this...
2017-10-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Quiq007 Posted at 2017-10-16 22:55
Litle update : I contact both online chat and mail support and both of them tell me that video is anormally flickering. So i send bakc mavic...But yesterday i received mail from repair center telling there is no problem, that the mavic is not capable of doing video without flickering. I contact back online chat support that confirm bad quality video.

It's a chame from a company like this to have such bad reppair center !! I really tired of all of this...

I am sorry for the difficulties that you've been experiencing. I had watched your videos and found they are very similar to the two conditions I had forwarded to our engineers before. Please refer to this two threads, our engineers had replied on 15# and 13#: https://forum.dji.com/thread-113392-1-1.html, https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid961827
2017-10-17
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

Thanks for the reply.

Francly, if i have quality like the two post, i ll be more than happy, my problem are really not similar to these quality. Look on my 0019 clip, all the dirst is jumpy/flickering really hard...
2017-10-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Quiq007 Posted at 2017-10-17 00:38
Thanks for the reply.

Francly, if i have quality like the two post, i ll be more than happy, my problem are really not similar to these quality. Look on my 0019 clip, all the dirst is jumpy/flickering really hard...

Did you remember the firmware version before you send it in? Please help to list it out and I will forward to our engineers to confirm again. BTW, please also tell me your case number so I can note it in the case log. Thank you.
2017-10-17
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

Yes, it was on the last firmeware (support made me refresh it 3 times !!!). Case number is : CAS-1069935-J1Z7Q5

Do you see the problem on video ? The "exposure jump/flicker on the dirt for exemple ? I watch thousand (really that number) to see difference and it's not normal...
2017-10-17
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

What the hell is happening with the repair !!!!!! I just received a mail telling me that the mavic is shiped back from repair center wihtout repair
2017-10-17
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

So my mavic is shipped back to me without any repair... I lost 3 week again, and support people say that i need to send them back the drone...Is it juste me thinking that there is a problem here ?
2017-10-17
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I would guess theres no repair because its not broken - everyones mavic acts like that.  
2017-10-17
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

I m sorry but did you see video ? i look a lot of video and they have not that much flicker on it. Mine is simply not usable. Beside that, everyone at dji tell me that there is a problem...Everyone but the repair service that didn't do anything...

Thanks for the reply. Please see the video and give me what you think

(by the way, my previous mavic with both focus issue didn't have that problem...)
2017-10-17
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi again, ca someone from dji can look at the footage and tell me what they are thinking ? Thanks
2017-10-18
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

Hi again, can someone from dji can look at the footage and tell me what they are thinking ? Thanks
2017-10-23
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

Heb jouw video gezien( eerste bestand), zie niets afwijkends in de zin van.. die van mij doet hetzelfde.
Sterker nog, dit doen ze allemaal omdat het concept gebonden is en geen defect of afwijking.
Toen ik dermate veel ruis had en het geflicker ben ik op zoek gegaan naar oplossingen, die zijn er maar staan los van reparatie of vervanging van de drone.
Als je de berichten goed leest staat er eigenlijk duidelijk genoeg wat ik hierboven ook al aangeef.
Doe eens met google zoeken en dan vind je oplossingen die je kunnen helpen, heeft veelal te maken met instellingen en ruisreductie buiten de Mavic dmv plugin en profielen die afgestemd zijn op de sensor van jouw Mavic.
Op Youtube vind je eenvoudig wat je nodig hebt, beschouw de eventuele extra uitgave als investering die erbij hoort als je dezelfde beeldkwaliteit wilt die je bij anderen ziet.
Wil je hier niets aan uitgeven dan flink de ruisreductie van de Mavic omhoog zetten en accepteren dat je vlekkerig beeld gaat krijgen maar minder ruis.
Hoop dat je wat meer kunt gaan genieten van je drone
2017-10-23
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

Little update here : After sending the mavic the first time and received back without any repair because "there was no issue", i send it back on demand of online support. What a surprise when i get back the box of my drone with a new one inside. I tell myself that all the problem is gone.

But that was before i test the drone and have the exact same problem as before with a litle upgrade : quality loss when moving - great)

I try desesperatly to speak to someone in charge on the dji support but the support doesn't give me one. So if there is someone here who can help me to get one please help.

For the one who want to check footage it's here : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5v72-FoJtINMTNtdE5sN2NBb0k

thanks for reading
2017-10-31
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Netherlands

Quiq007 Posted at 2017-10-31 06:26
Little update here : After sending the mavic the first time and received back without any repair because "there was no issue", i send it back on demand of online support. What a surprise when i get back the box of my drone with a new one inside. I tell myself that all the problem is gone.

But that was before i test the drone and have the exact same problem as before with a litle upgrade : quality loss when moving - great)
..."i test the drone and have the exact same problem as before"........
After you write this, did you think this is impossible to happen twice ?
Nobody else is having the exact same problem as you, and you have it already 2 times.

So when will it be meeting your demands?
Maybe just sell this thing, buy the phantom 4 (pro +)

2017-10-31
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

Great help there ...Thanks for the really nice advice...

And people have the same issue here : https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... sion-problem.18907/

That's strange, this forum seems to be imunised to gop flicker and gop flicker issue
2017-11-1
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

And by the way, if you read all of my message i said that i get a problem bonus with quality loss when moving.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Quiq007 Posted at 2017-11-1 00:54
And by the way, if you read all of my message i said that i get a problem bonus with quality loss when moving.

Sorry for the late reply. I will transfer your videos to our engineers to confirm. Will reply you once I hear something.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.
2017-11-1
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-1 03:35
Sorry for the late reply. I will transfer your videos to our engineers to confirm. Will reply you once I hear something.
Besides, please kindly click the "Reply" button if you need to reply me so that I can get the reminder and can deal with it asap.

Thank to you foe the help. I reach again the online support today and they ask again for a return for repair. I m just tired of this s***. Sorry for the language...
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Quiq007 Posted at 2017-11-1 04:02
Thank to you foe the help. I reach again the online support today and they ask again for a return for repair. I m just tired of this s***. Sorry for the language...

I understand your feeling. Maybe you can provide me with your case number and I will help to keep an eye on it.
2017-11-1
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

For the moment, there is none new case. I can provide you old case number if needed.

There is no new case because my lawyer ask a law expert to check the drone. I can provide you other information if needed too...

Thanks for the help
2017-11-2
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-1 23:22
I understand your feeling. Maybe you can provide me with your case number and I will help to keep an eye on it.

Forget to tag you sorry
2017-11-2
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Netherlands

Quiq007 Posted at 2017-11-1 00:50
Great help there ...Thanks for the really nice advice...

And people have the same issue here : https://mavicpilots.com/threads/mavic-pro-why-dji-doesnt-fix-this-huge-flickering-compression-problem.18907/

No problem, trying to show you something from my perspective and it is ok to keep having your own ideas and opinion.
I had this problem like you had and the other people from the forum, but now I have an acceptable solution.
Bought Neat video, created some de-noise profiles and setting files specific for the Mavic to get the best result.
Now the result is very good, allot of details and in most situations almost no visible noise.
Light conditions and choice for ND Filter need to be optimal, ** at some times a very small amount of flicker can be noticed if you are trained to watch for it**
If this would not be acceptable I would have sold my drone to get a drone with better camera specifications.

If you supply ME a untouched file with recording settings: 4K/30 FPS, shutter 60,  ISO 100/  D-log, +1,0,-1 and  fixed white balance, Exposure EV between -0,7 and +0,7  if otherwise use ND filter.
Record something with lots of details and movement, with sun and shadow, give me a link.
I'll process it with my solution, send it back to you.

2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Quiq007 Posted at 2017-11-2 00:11
For the moment, there is none new case. I can provide you old case number if needed.

There is no new case because my lawyer ask a law expert to check the drone. I can provide you other information if needed too...

Oh, I am sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought you'd just sent. So now would you mind waiting for the engineers' reply? I think it would be better to wait for our engineers' confirmation and see if it needs to be sent.
2017-11-2
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-2 00:56
Oh, I am sorry for the misunderstanding, I thought you'd just sent. So now would you mind waiting for the engineers' reply? I think it would be better to wait for our engineers' confirmation and see if it needs to be sent.

I have time now(waiting for meeting with expert and lawyer), so yes, i m waiting. But i won't keep this things. I m not keeping a 1400 euro piece of tech that doesn't do what it should. But thanks for the help again
2017-11-2
Use props
Quiq007
lvl.1
Belgium

Anoniem Posted at 2017-11-2 00:55
No problem, trying to show you something from my perspective and it is ok to keep having your own ideas and opinion.
I had this problem like you had and the other people from the forum, but now I have an acceptable solution.
Bought Neat video, created some de-noise profiles and setting files specific for the Mavic to get the best result.

No offence, you can always say what you think of course, but after all the test i did, all the time waste on dji support, all the money and time lost. I simply don't really accept message telling me that the problem is me and not the drone. If you take time to look video, you can compare to other and see that there is flicker and artifact that are not on other drone. So if people have drone that work well (even if the quality is not the same as ph4pro) why does i have to keep mine that suck and use post prod to fix ?

By the way, thanks for the help and for asking to fix my footage that's kind. I already had neat video profile set up for the mavic and i simply don't accept to lose post prot time on fixing deffect camera. It's like saying focus lens issue on the firest mavic should be fixe with targeting shaprened. It's not normal
2017-11-2
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules