Fatal system error Phantom 2 vision+ V 3
6239 12 2015-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ziggy
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all,

I have a new Phantom vision plus v 3 which I was going to maiden this coming week, however yesterday I did the new firmware update to 3.12 and then went through the pre flight procedure in practice for the maiden and the rear LEDs remained solid red and on the app it said, " Fatal sytem error, contact your dealer or DJI ".

Has anyone had similar experience ?, I have emailed my dealer but being the Easter holiday I am not likely to hear back from them until tommorow.

Cheers
Ziggy
2015-4-5
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

I and a few others have gotten rear red lights but the error was a IMU configuration error and the Phantom still flew. I am not suggesting you try and fly the Phantom with the red lights lit, but you might consider trying to do the update again.
2015-4-5
Use props
gadgets18-dji
New

United States

I was just flying my Phantom and got the same Fatal system error and it fell out of the sky!
2015-4-6
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

I have a question perhaps a bit off topic but:  you say you were taking it on the maiden flight this week which I take to mean you just purchased it recently?

I ask as I too have recently purchased a Phantom 2 Vision V3 - but it came already updated with the new firmware revisions for everything.  I am wondering why all these people with new, never flown Phantoms are getting them with old firmware installed?
2015-4-6
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

Old stock.....that bird would be going back for a refund!
2015-4-6
Use props
Ziggy
lvl.1

Australia

Hi all, thanks for the replies,

Hi JATO, according to the manual when the rear LEDs are solid yes it is normally an ISU calibration issue but the mod readings seemed fine and I don't feel the app would say what it did if it just required a calibration.

gadgets18-dji, really sorry to hear that happened, is it at all fixable?

Hi nrgwise, I bought it 8 weeks ago, have been away etc so haven't had a chance to put her up, was going to this week until this happened. she came with V 3.8 software which if I'm right was the latest at the time of purchase. I saw DJI released the latest update V 3.12 and as they recommend you to do I went ahead and did the update.

I emailed my dealer and he got back to me yesterday and said he had never heard of this and could I go through the start up process and video it including the the app screen where it said fatal system error.. I did this about 10 times but it didn't do it again and seemed fine

At this point I'm not happy to put her in the air without understanding what caused the fatal error and whether or not this could happen without warning again whilst I'm 100 ft up!

2015-4-6
Use props
Ziggy
lvl.1

Australia

Raybro Posted at 2015-4-7 01:04
Old stock.....that bird would be going back for a refund!

Old stock or not you could well be right there Raybro!
2015-4-6
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Ziggy Posted at 2015-4-7 07:25
Hi all, thanks for the replies,

Hi JATO, according to the manual when the rear LEDs are solid yes i ...

Ziggy,
My suggestion was that you install the firmware update again.
2015-4-6
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

JATO Posted at 2015-4-7 07:53
Ziggy,
My suggestion was that you install the firmware update again.

I agree, update all firmware again, calibrate everything, and go have fun flying.

2015-4-6
Use props
joaquinfa
lvl.1
  • >>>
Argentina

Hello Ziggy. do you find any solution?

I have the same problem.

red light SYSTEM ERROR displayed on the app after update to 3.14

that day i forgot the MSD card, so I tought that maybe was the problem.

next day I insert the MSD card and i used for 25 minutes (2 batterys), starting to loose signal with the RC (just 100 mts away)

the 2nd time after the update firmware.  impossible to have green light. I calibrate the compass many times.

I try and change 5 different batterys.
2 different msd cards.

And the most crazy thing: if I touch the left corner beside the battery it show me green light ready to fly. I take off my hand and red light "System error".

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Jack

System Error

System Error
2015-6-29
Use props
adnanbilgrami
New

Pakistan

i am getting same fatal system error after update and wont go, please help!
2015-7-11
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

First off do a full IMU calibration. That's very important. Then do anRC stick calibration. Before flying do a compass calibration. To do the first two calibrations you will need to connect the PhAtom to you PC via USB and use the assistant software.
2015-7-11
Use props
Ziggy
lvl.1

Australia

joaquinfa@hotma Posted at 2015-6-30 04:36
Hello Ziggy. do you find any solution?

I have the same problem.

Hi Jack,
Sorry for the late reply as I haven't been back on the forum  till now.  When it happened to me I contacted the dealer I bought it from who apparently also contacted DJI as they had not heard of it and nor had DJI which I don't understand as they designed the software but hey.

So I reinstalled the 3.14  update, did an IMU calibration and re calibrated the Tx as well and so far it hasn't happened again. Minor things have happened since like invalid battery warnings and insecure battery compartment whilst in flight for a few seconds and then go away.

I am  fairly experienced in the hobby and I was excited to give the Phantom a crack but it's the only aircraft I've had that I don't feel I can trust. I tend to fly her off the beaten track well away from populated areas which is not what I intended to do with her.

Concepts good but DJI have a ways to go, given the time over again I would have put the $2000 ito something more viable.

Good luck with yours.

Cheers
Ziggy

2015-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules