978 8 2017-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35118 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I just noticed that for the last week or so I've had a speck of dust on my Osmo+ sensor, it appears in all my footage and is very noticeable when framing solid colour objects. Is there a way to clean this without having to send this thing back to DJI in China and not having it for a month?
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Pete, we suggest to send in the drone for cleaning the dust. We have official repair center in Australia, please contact our support by phone or online chat or send email to support@dji.com to start a tickect.
2017-9-26
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

This is the problem.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q3cvnvesict75xq/Speck.jpg?dl=0

I have contacted DJI Support and will report how I go here.

2017-9-27
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Ok so DJI support took my serial numbers and authorised me to send it to my local repair centre. So I sent it a week ago and they have now come back to me asking for $500 to replace a faulty camera unit!!  I explained that the unit is only 4 months old but they said the unit has China serial numbers and cannot be repaired locally. So why couldn't they just tell me that before I send it in for repair since they already had the serial number?

So instead of telling me to return it to the eBay seller I bough it from, they make me go to the trouble of packing and insured shipping to local service centre, and now I have to wait another two weeks to have it returned, so I can send it back to the eBay seller in China.

Seriously, for the thousands of dollars I've spent on DJI gear over the last 12 months you really don't care about me as a customer - total contempt!!
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OSMOPETE Posted at 2017-10-10 00:22
Ok so DJI support took my serial numbers and authorised me to send it to my local repair centre. So I sent it a week ago and they have now come back to me asking for $500 to replace a faulty camera unit!!  I explained that the unit is only 4 months old but they said the unit has China serial numbers and cannot be repaired locally. So why couldn't they just tell me that before I send it in for repair since they already had the serial number?

So instead of telling me to return it to the eBay seller I bough it from, they make me go to the trouble of packing and insured shipping to local service centre, and now I have to wait another two weeks to have it returned, so I can send it back to the eBay seller in China.

Pete, really sorry to read on this, DJI doesn't provide global warranty at the moment, did you send in the device to official repair center? If so, please leave me with the case number for more details, thank you.
2017-10-10
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-10 05:39
Pete, really sorry to read on this, DJI doesn't provide global warranty at the moment, did you send in the device to official repair center? If so, please leave me with the case number for more details, thank you.

DJI Mandy, I just PMd you my case number.
2017-10-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

OSMOPETE Posted at 2017-10-10 11:37
DJI Mandy, I just PMd you my case number.

Pete, we are so sorry for the unfortunate experience with our customer service, your concern has been escalated to appropriate department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you after investigation, please wait patiently, thanks.
2017-10-10
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Just a quick update for anyone following this issue.

So as you know DJI Australia refused to fix my OSMO + under warranty and returned it to me a few weeks ago.  I have since been instructed by the ebay seller I bought it from to ship to their repair centre in the UK which I did over two weeks ago.  So they now tell me that they are trying to locate my faulty OSMO+ in their distribution/repair centre.... let's hope they find it and that it hasn't been lost!! I think I'll be lucky if I get this back before the end of the year.
2017-11-7
Use props
OSMOPETE
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

It took nearly 5 months to resolve the problem but finally some good news!! The OSMO was unrepairable so they replaced it for a brand new one with the later 3.5x zoom Zenmuse camera version. Very happy now that I can continue using it at work instead of the big gimbal.
2018-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules