Confused with activation of replacement Mavic...
1631 4 2017-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

Hi.

Ok here comes the story.... lol

I bought a MAVIC Pro in March and I also bought a DJI care refresh at that time.
In August I crashed it and sent it to the Netherlands (as instructed) and activated DJI care refresh.
I was asked if I wanted it repair or replaced it and I opted to replace it.
Up to there no problem I got the new (replacement) craft back.
However when I was asked by the DJI Go app to activate the drone I was presented with the option to buy a DJI care refresh which I did not.

Today I contacted DJI support. To clarify the whole matter. And of course It was explained to me that I can't buy new DJI care refresh since the new crafts serial is bound to the existing DJI care refresh program.

However my question is what would have happened If when activating the new craft I would have opted to buy a DJI care refresh program?

That all been said I had to contact 3 different DJI people support (via online after sales support chat) to clarify this. One even suggested that I make a video of the craft (as shown here https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload) and send it to djicare@dji.com. I wonder If others have had the same problem getting through to the dpi support people what their problem is. It seems that they use a palette of preset answers and they do not even try to understand what you are asking. So to my question can I buy a new DJI care refresh plan I always got the answer that I do not need to. I had to repeatedly tell them that I understand that but CAN I if I wanted as was suggested by the Go app when activating the craft.

Anyway I wanted to share this with you maybe someone from DJI is listening and will fix this with the replacement craft activation so people don't get confused.

Kostas
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Usually when the new drone is activated, there will be a pop-up reminder about the DJI Care Refresh option for customer to consider because many customers don't know this product.
As for your issue, I think the DJI Care Refresh has been transferred from the precious aircraft to the new one, please check the status here with the serial number. If so, you cannot purchase another DJI Care Refresh to this drone. Therefore, please ignore the DJI Care Refresh option and finish your activation.
2017-9-26
Use props
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-26 04:13
Usually when the new drone is activated, there will be a pop-up reminder about the DJI Care Refresh option for customer to consider because many customers don't know this product.
As for your issue, I think the DJI Care Refresh has been transferred from the precious aircraft to the new one, please check the status here with the serial number. If so, you cannot purchase another DJI Care Refresh to this drone. Therefore, please ignore the DJI Care Refresh option and finish your activation.

I do understand all that. However my question is what would have happened if i had answered yes and bought a new DJI care refresh policy at the moment of activation...
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

MacPap Posted at 2017-9-26 08:15
I do understand all that. However my question is what would have happened if i had answered yes and bought a new DJI care refresh policy at the moment of activation...

Theoretically, if a drone had never bound with a DJI Care/DJI Care Refresh, it can still purchase one. But it your DJI Care Refresh had transferred to the replaced drone, you can't purchase it.
2017-9-26
Use props
djiuser_9QMZO1VQ7kdy
New

Canada

worth a try, it wont let you complete the purchase if the # doesn't come back clean
2020-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules