Combining distance from multiple devices.
839 12 2017-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tdiggity
lvl.1
Flight distance : 882976 ft
United States

How do I add my flight distance to my user account? And if its by device, how can i combine the distance from each device?
2017-9-25
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

You can "sync" your flight records from each device ( go to "Me" in the App >Flight Records> upper right corner tap on the cloud and they should start syncing, and they will be tallied all together for your total distance with DJI.
That is if you remember to do it, don't know how many flight logs I have deleted without syncing them because I had an uneventful flight(s). Usually only keep them if something went wrong or had error messages.
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Like QuadKid mentioned, if you are using the same account for all your devices, you can sync your flight record and this woks.
2017-9-26
Use props
Tdiggity
lvl.1
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-9-25 13:39
You can "sync" your flight records from each device ( go to "Me" in the App >Flight Records> upper right corner tap on the cloud and they should start syncing, and they will be tallied all together for your total distance with DJI.
That is if you remember to do it, don't know how many flight logs I have deleted without syncing them because I had an uneventful flight(s). Usually only keep them if something went wrong or had error messages.

That worked....kind of. It shows some distance now but , it shows less then some of my single flights.  I did the sync on device 1 and got around 6000 ft then did the sync on device 2  and it got to were it is now.  I have some flights well over 20,000ft
2017-9-27
Use props
Landjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61496 ft
United States

I could be wrong, but I believe the app records feet and this site shows meters. It's how mine roughly equates anyway.
2017-9-27
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Landjet Posted at 2017-9-27 12:36
I could be wrong, but I believe the app records feet and this site shows meters. It's how mine roughly equates anyway.

Yup, when I compare the distance on this forum with the distance on my mobile device, they match if I convert the forum from meters to feet (which is what my mobile device indicates).  Next question, however, is how do I get my 2nd quad to show beneath my name on this forum?  I started with a Phantom 3 Adv but now fly my Mavic Pro almost exclusively.  The icon on the forum, however, still only shows the Phantom.  
2017-9-27
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-9-27 14:15
Yup, when I compare the distance on this forum with the distance on my mobile device, they match if I convert the forum from meters to feet (which is what my mobile device indicates).  Next question, however, is how do I get my 2nd quad to show beneath my name on this forum?  I started with a Phantom 3 Adv but now fly my Mavic Pro almost exclusively.  The icon on the forum, however, still only shows the Phantom.

Did you buy it new? If you did, did you register it under the same account as the Phantom? If you did it should show up.
2017-9-27
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Are you using the same email across all accounts/devices? I ran into that probably having two emails. Had to synch all into one email account.
2017-9-27
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

QuadKid Posted at 2017-9-27 15:15
Did you buy it new? If you did, did you register it under the same account as the Phantom? If you did it should show up.

Yes, bought new and registered under same account.  In fact, all my Mavic distances show up under my name, but only the Phantom icon shows.  Strange . . .
2017-9-27
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-9-27 17:32
Are you using the same email across all accounts/devices? I ran into that probably having two emails. Had to synch all into one email account.

Yes, same account.  And my Mavic distances show up under my name here, but only the Phantom icon appears.
2017-9-27
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-9-27 18:28
Yes, same account.  And my Mavic distances show up under my name here, but only the Phantom icon appears.

Yeah that's strange. Maybe mod can assist on this one.
2017-9-28
Use props
Tdiggity
lvl.1
United States

Landjet Posted at 2017-9-27 12:36

Perfect! Thank you Sir
2017-9-28
Use props
Landjet
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61496 ft
United States

Tdiggity Posted at 2017-9-28 11:18
Perfect! Thank you Sir

Reminds me of a Mars orbiter some years ago which was lost. The US portion of the team used English 'pounds of thrust' equations in the programming while the international team used metric 'Newtons'... No one caught the issue... oops...
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules