Bigfoot200 trail running race
940 9 2017-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

Had the opportunity to film an amazing group of runners for the Bigfoot200 (.mi) race over 4.5 days, filmed with mavic and osmo, needed light gear so I can run/hike along the course to film with all other esential trail gear. Took a bit longer than expected to edit together, will have another from Tahoe200 coming soon. Next time, I may rent a handheld cam with a larger sensor, or the x5 as apposed to the osmo+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLNYRU8MgCw

2017-9-25
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

AWESOME video!
2017-9-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, that is a great video.
Nice moves, very smooth, lovely compositions
2017-9-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Cool, great video, thank you for sharing!
2017-9-26
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

Thanks! I learned a lot about using the osmo for this, I own my mavic but rented an osmo for this project, was still getting used to all the settings to adjust the gimbal. Some of the first days of the race were hazy from fires up in Canada at the time. I should have another race video in a few weeks, edits pretty much roughed in, just waiting for the final audio and text for the Tahoe200 race. Aside from that, interested in the Z stabilizing addition for the rig, since I am running a lot with the camera. Looking forward to trying something like the osmo pro next...other than that, mavic is the perfect size for me to run with.
2017-9-26
Use props
Little John
lvl.3
Flight distance : 192244 ft
United Kingdom

Great video
2017-9-26
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144541 ft
United States

This is definitely commercial worthy man... awesome job!
2017-9-27
Use props
cvargas
lvl.1
United States

Awesome video! What color profile did you shoot in?
2017-9-27
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

cvargas Posted at 2017-9-27 11:41
Awesome video! What color profile did you shoot in?

Thanks!  For the Mavic, I believe d-cinelike, +1sharp -1, -1 full manual, and Osmo with log manual. Log seemed a bit too washed out for me on the mavic even when I planned to grade, but log on the osmo seems different, less washed out so I used that. It may be different now with the latest mavic firmware and DJIgo app, I haven't updated for about 4 months, since I needed it to fly away from any internet connection and there was all that uncertainty at the time about the app update breaking some things...now is a good time to update though . I think if the mavic had a larger sensor/higher bit rate log would be a better choice, but I have been happy with d-cine.

2017-9-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Awesome run! looked like a fun run.
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now