How do you view and analyze BlackBox/FlightRecord data from Aircr...
6924 5 2017-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xelgen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16273 ft
Armenia

Hi all,
My Mavic Pro had a bad and dangerous crash few days ago. Thankfully no damage to people, animals or property of others.
Mavic decided to RTH when battery got 25%, whatever I tried on phone screen wasn't turning RTH off (and since it was my first RTH, I forgot about trying Pause button on RC).
During RTH, Mavic flew over building behind my back, so I had signal loss. I found my Mavic a block away, crashed under a living building.
As there was no connection between aircraft and RC, during it's last minutes/seconds, FlightRecord from DJI Go App on my phone, doesn't provide enough details on what and why happened, during crash.
I wasn't recording video at that point (saving bit of battery), and I found noone who has seen where and how accident happened.

So question is: I've managed to download a chunky, 500MB .DAT file from aircraft to PC with DJI Assitant 2.
But how can I view and analyze that data from aircraft? The "Viewer" app, of DJI Assitant doesn't show any data/charts on that file.  

Mavic is pretty damaged (gimbal, it's cables and camera cable def. need a  change, hope camera itself is ok, body on the nose and front vision  need replacement too. Not sure how electronics took the impact inside.)
I can PM, link to phantomhelp with flight log from phone, but it doesn't containt enough info (Mavic ascending to RTH, descended to RTH, disabled front vision, noticed obsatacle underneath it, ascended, than flew away from home while keeping descending further).

2017-9-26
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

Sry to hear bout your Mavic crash.Im not sure bout the answer to your question but also post your flight logs ,theirs plenty of good help on these forums
2017-9-26
Use props
Xelgen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16273 ft
Armenia

Well, the .DAT file from aircraft is 420 MB. Not sure if many will want to download it, just to take a look. The smaller logs from my phone, don't have data about crash itself, as radio link was lost.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for the crash, I would recommend you contact the DJI support, they'll submit a data analysis for you if the drone is still in warranty period. Here is a link for your reference. http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-26
Use props
BudWalker
First Officer
Flight distance : 5966247 ft
  • >>>
United States

You could try CsvView/DatCon which can be obtained from

http://www.datfile.net/index.html
2017-9-27
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

"So question is: I've managed to download a chunky, 500MB .DAT file from aircraft to PC with DJI Assitant 2.
But how can I view and analyze that data from aircraft? The "Viewer" app, of DJI Assitant doesn't show any data/charts on that file. "

Bud gave you the best viewer, I use DatCon, you can load the .dat file into the viewer and it will convert the file to an Excel file which you can open & read, you need to know what your looking at though, it produces a range of numbers from all the parameters. It's nothing like a Flight log or .txt file, there are people here in the forum that understand it and may be able to help.
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules