Ronin M S-BUS D-BUS
4493 5 2017-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paul
lvl.1

Germany

Hello,
can the Ronin M with its current firmware be contolled via an external Futaba S-BUS compatible receiver? I know this was possible on legacy firmwares but stopped working at some point after firmware updates. At least there are several threads in this forum that complain about that particular error. Has the issue been resolved since then? I think about buying a Ronin M and this feature is crucial to me.

Thanks and best regards
Paul Simon
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Futaba is a third party type remote. The key that you always have to consider is firmware and frequency operation. The remote for the Ronin M requires a 2.4 GHZ. That would leave the firmware issue as something to be considered. While it does not have a list of compatible remotes, you may want to stick with the remote that comes with the Ronin M. If you have a Futaba controller, you can always see if this will link up to your Ronin M. At least you have the controller that came with the unit available.
2017-9-28
Use props
paul\
lvl.1

Germany

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-28 06:53
Futaba is a third party type remote. The key that you always have to consider is firmware and frequency operation. The remote for the Ronin M requires a 2.4 GHZ. That would leave the firmware issue as something to be considered. While it does not have a list of compatible remotes, you may want to stick with the remote that comes with the Ronin M. If you have a Futaba controller, you can always see if this will link up to your Ronin M. At least you have the controller that came with the unit available.

I was talking about using the dbus connection for which there is a dedicated input on the Ronin hooked up to an external receiver. See this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-34763-1-1.html
Has this issue been solved in the  newes firmware? By the way: Sometimes its better to say nothing instead of showing the world that one doesn't have a clue.
2017-9-28
Use props
Sminkly
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,
Though perhaps a bit late I've worked a way of getting control of a ronin M via d-bus and arduino. Have to use an external library.

Cant post link but search for bmc_sbus.

Then can control it.
2018-9-22
Use props
Sminkly
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I forgot to say once I get points up I'm going to put a new thread about how to do it.
2018-9-22
Use props
Sminkly
lvl.2

United Kingdom

HI,
I've written a post explaining how I did it.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-167232-1-1.html
2018-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules