Mavic Pro not flying after crash
1734 7 2017-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RalFwR
lvl.1
Lebanon

Hello,

I've had the Mavic for more than a month now, however a few weeks ago I crashed it.

It had multiple errors, however since I live in Lebanon and there is not decent DJI support here, I had to google the problems and fix them myself.
I was able to clear all the errors except for the Redundancy error (Navigation system error).
The mavic will calibrate once I hold it horizontally (light flashes green) and then when I hold it vertically the light will flash red and the DJI Go will say that it failed.
I have even tried calibrating on the DJI Assistant 2 app to no avail.

Updates always fail, and it seems like the Mavic will overheat as soon as I turn it on and the fan will start after around 30 to 40 seconds. (I have checked and it seems like the Core Board A will heat so much that It burns my fingers if I try to touch it.

Note that the parts I changed are the bottom cover, the gimbal and camera, the gps module as well as some flex cables.

What's funny is that once I changed the Gimbal and Camera, I was able to fly the drone but it couldnt hover. I landed it and then had the same problems over again.

I am starting to lose hope now, we do not have a certified dealer here and sending it back and forth will cost me as much as a new drone since I will have to pay customs again (Yes stupid system here).

Please help!

2017-9-26
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

You want to talk to this guy:
https://www.facebook.com/Thunder-Drones-1788483088071702/
He is in the US, but he can help you get the parts, or troubleshoot the bird.
But, that would void your warranty once you crack open the Mavic. I believe there are a couple of "tamper screws" on the Mavic.
2017-9-26
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

If you removed the bottom plate, make sure that you put the heat sink paste back into place or replaced it by new paste, otherwise your Mavic may overheat.
There are plenty of DIY repair video clips on YouTube with lots of references of where to get spare parts.
You can always ask DJI support, perhaps they can help you, should you get stuck.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry to hear about your case. We don't suggest repairing the drone yourself for the safety of flight. For your case, I recommend that you contact the support team support@dji.com for a further help, thank you for your understanding.
2017-9-26
Use props
RalFwR
lvl.1
Lebanon

Thank you guys
2017-9-27
Use props
RalFwR
lvl.1
Lebanon

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-26 19:42
Sorry to hear about your case. We don't suggest repairing the drone yourself for the safety of flight. For your case, I recommend that you contact the support team support@dji.com for a further help, thank you for your understanding.

Yeah about that. They have not been helpful at all. I explained to them more than 4 times that I live in Lebanon and every time they come to me saying to open a case, which clearly wont work because DJI does not have the service in Lebanon.
2017-9-27
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

They don´t have service facilities in every country . For instance people who live in Scandinavia have to ship to The Nederlands. You open a case with DJI and they will provide a label for the freight to the closest repair facility.
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

RalFwR Posted at 2017-9-27 05:01
Yeah about that. They have not been helpful at all. I explained to them more than 4 times that I live in Lebanon and every time they come to me saying to open a case, which clearly wont work because DJI does not have the service in Lebanon.

We know that there is no service center in your country, but we will create a case number, next you ship the drone out to the designated service center for repair. Or if you bought the drone from the local retailer, try to contact them for help.
2017-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules