o(^-^)o
kuwahard
New
United States

Specs:

F450 frame
Naza M Lite + GPS
E300 Tuned system
E300 stock props replaced with the E300 Carbon Fiber props. (9 inch)
3s 35C 4500mAh battery
FrSky Taranis 9+

Quadcopter weight with battery = 1333g
Quadcopter without battery = 972g

First Level protection:
No load: 11.35V
Loss: 0.70 V
Loaded: 10.65 V

Second Level protection:
No load: 11.10 V
Loss: 0.70 V
Loaded: 10.40 V

Flight time in moderate wind = 4-6 mins (flight time until the fist level protection kicks in.)

I have read and seen some videos of people getting 12-25 mins with a simular setup, battery types differ however even people with batteries close to mine get longer flight times.  Are my battery protection settings to agressive?  I have heard some people say that going to a 4s and/or 5000mAh battery got them longer flight time, but the E300 recommends a 3S setup and adding more weight seems counter intutive.   I am not agressively flying, simply flying a slow box shape in my backyard, 15-20 yards each leg.  I have not had a chance to check flight times in zero wind, because it's usually raining      

Any ideas?  Tips/Tricks?   Other settings to look at?

2015-4-5
Use props
bonnetman
lvl.1

Australia

Have you tried using the stock props for comparison?

The carbon props may not generate as much lift, or too much lift, shortening battery life.

Im no expert on low voltage setting, but i get longer flights times with a heavier quad, and higher LVC settings. You should try a re-test with the stock props for sure.

ASH
2015-4-6
Use props
kuwahard
New
United States

bonnetman Posted at 2015-4-6 19:20
Have you tried using the stock props for comparison?

The carbon props may not generate as much lif ...

With the stock props I was getting about the same times. The reason I have the carbon is because I damaged the stock ones and figured if I was going to replace might as well try the carbon ones.

Thanks for the idea though.  
2015-4-6
Use props
bonnetman
lvl.1

Australia

How many batteries do you have? Is the battery you're using properly balanced, and in good condition?

2015-4-6
Use props
mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

In my experience 3 cells dont run the e300 system to its potential..  get a 4 cell and set 1st stage voltage protection at 14.2 and the last stage at 14 and u will be much happier in performance and flight time.  2nd your 2nd stage setting on a 3 cell should be 10.4 and 1st stage 11 and dont worry about setting the differential..  if u want to then add .8 to those figures and put .8 in the differential box
2015-4-7
Use props
ddml
New

United States

Your settings are too conservative... I have a bare 450 with M V2 & GPS . I get 14 + minutes with a 3.0A 3s  floureon... Before I got my settings optimized I was getting 4-5 min of flight time. What is your voltage when the second level forces a landing? I'll bet it's over 11.3.  I use a straight setting, no load. I determined the best setting through trial and error, luckily no error if I allow the second level to force a landing I have between 10.7 & 11.1V
2015-4-20
Use props
arnoud.vanderba
lvl.1

Romania

Your protection levels are to high
I have a flamewheel 450 with naza m lite and stock motors and esc's which come with f450 kit
And a 3s 3800mAh battery from Hacker
And i can fly up to 15min or 12-14 when i fly really fast all the time
If you would like to know, i can give you my protection levels
I thought 10,8 and 10,5 but i'm not 100% sure
2015-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules