Phantom 4 Advanced Focusing Wish List
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dingoz
lvl.3
Australia

These simple things need to be added to Go4 App:

1. App button and/or programmable controller button to re-center focus box in center of screen (like when it first turns on). As sson as you tap on the screen to focus you can never get it back to the center position acurately.

2. A focus button on controller and/or in app. A button that re-focuses at current focus box position. That way you do not need to tap the screen and inadvertantly move the focus box from the center position.

3. More customsiation options for the c1 and c2 buttons. Both of these above flaws  could be options for c1 and c2 if adding extra on screen buttons is not an option.

2017-9-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What's so important about the centre screen position for focusing?
The lens has heaps of depth of field at any aperture.
Near enough (to the screen centre) should be more than good enough.
2017-9-26
Use props
Dingoz
lvl.3
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-9-26 15:22
What's so important about the centre screen position for focusing?
The lens has heaps of depth of field at any aperture.
Near enough (to the screen centre) should be more than good enough.

For the most part its just annoying (especially on a iphone / small screen you can never quite get it to center with big fingers Sometimes it not even close and takes a couple of re-presses to get it rouhgly into center. Just annoying when every camera i know of that has focus capabilities has this feature to switch focus points or at least re-center focus point to center point/screen.

As for near enough is close enough I suspect you are correct. But this concept alone also is annoying. I said wish list, so I wish DJI could implement these simple ideas to exactly re-center the focus box and focus without moving it away from the center position always - than rely on the near enough is good enough approach.

I guess i like neatness, precision options and consistency. Maybe I have a little OCD, IDK If any DSLR did this people would go nuts if they had to turn off the camera to re-center the focus point exactly.

P.s. if you have the P4P you do not need to tap screen to focus and can leave focus box centered and just half press focus button on remote. P4A you can not.

2017-9-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Dingoz Posted at 2017-9-26 15:34
For the most part its just annoying (especially on a iphone / small screen you can never quite get it to center with big fingers  Sometimes it not even close and takes a couple of re-presses to get it rouhgly into center. Just annoying when every camera i know of that has focus capabilities has this feature to switch focus points or at least re-center focus point to center point/screen.

As for near enough is close enough I suspect you are correct. But this concept alone also is annoying. I said wish list so, so I wish DJI could implement these simple ideas to exactly re-center the focus box and focus without moving it away from the center position always - than rely on the near enough is good enough approach.

As an example of how much depth of field this lens has and how the position of the focus box doesn't matter .....
At f2.8  and focused at 50 feet - everything from 12ft - infinity is in focus
At f5.6 and focused at 50 feet - everything from 6ft - infinity is in focus
For an aerial camera it would be very rare to you won't have a subject close to the lens anyway.
Whether the focus box is centred or halfway between the centre and the outside edge wouldn't make any difference in 99.9% of photos.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for your precious suggestion. The request will be transferred to our engineers for further review.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI GO PM Team
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

Thanks for your advice. We will consider your suggestion.
2017-9-28
Use props
QuadKid
Second Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Dingoz Posted at 2017-9-26 15:34
For the most part its just annoying (especially on a iphone / small screen you can never quite get it to center with big fingers  Sometimes it not even close and takes a couple of re-presses to get it rouhgly into center. Just annoying when every camera i know of that has focus capabilities has this feature to switch focus points or at least re-center focus point to center point/screen.

As for near enough is close enough I suspect you are correct. But this concept alone also is annoying. I said wish list, so I wish DJI could implement these simple ideas to exactly re-center the focus box and focus without moving it away from the center position always - than rely on the near enough is good enough approach.

Doesn't the P4A have an auto focus to turn on or off like the Mavic?
2017-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules