Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic QuickShot - Can I Record On Return Path
4113 8 2017-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
calmari
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

When flying the Mavic using a QuickShot mode, after it completes the QuickShot sequence it returns on the same flight path. I think it stops recording automatically at the end of the outward flight. Is it possible to record footage on the return path? Or is it locked off?

Something I have not tried yet but I am keen to know.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The Quickshot mode only supports recording when the outward flight. If you want, you can manually click the record button when it returns, but that is only the recording, not a Quickshot video.
2017-9-26
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-26 18:34
The Quickshot mode only supports recording when the outward flight. If you want, you can manually click the record button when it returns, but that is only the recording, not a Quickshot video.

Okay thanks that is what I want to do. I’m confused though what is the difference between a recording and a QuickShot video?
2017-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

calmari Posted at 2017-9-27 01:05
Okay thanks that is what I want to do. I’m confused though what is the difference between a recording and a QuickShot video?

A Quickshot video is no matter how long the record time it would be during the flight, it will generate a 10-second video in the end, during the normal recording, you will get a video length that it supposes to have.
2017-9-28
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-26 18:34

Okay, that doesn't appear to work. I cannot set it to record on the return path. So if that is what is supposed to happen then there is a bug somewhere.
2017-9-28
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-28 00:46
A Quickshot video is no matter how long the record time it would be during the flight, it will generate a 10-second video in the end, during the normal recording, you will get a video length that it supposes to have.

Okay thanks but again that doesn't appear to happen either. I get a video the full duration of the shot sequence. I also saw it mentioned as well that the Mavic returns to home on the same path. That sort of  happens in 'Dronie' mode but in 'Helix' mode it flies to the start point in a straight line from where it finished the QuickShot manouvre.
2017-9-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

calmari Posted at 2017-9-28 05:32
Okay thanks but again that doesn't appear to happen either. I get a video the full duration of the shot sequence. I also saw it mentioned as well that the Mavic returns to home on the same path. That sort of  happens in 'Dronie' mode but in 'Helix' mode it flies to the start point in a straight line from where it finished the QuickShot manouvre.

Oh, it is my bad that I should have made it more clear. I do it when I cancelled the return, clicked the record and took it back manually. But I will try not to cancel the return, just press the record bottom of the RC for the next time.
2017-9-29
Use props
fans5fe3de0f
New

United Kingdom

please make it possible to record the Return Path, or to do a REVERSE Quickshot. as creatively it is SOMETIMEs ;VERY IMPORTANT to ARRIVE at the point of interest in a moving forward in time.
2020-7-8
Use props
djiuser_OB4GFYSodngG
New

United States

I would be nice if you can configure the direction  of the quick shot because when you reverse it in post cars and people move backwards
2022-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules