Which firmware? | Version Unknown | wi-fi
719 3 2017-9-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FilmicFlyer
lvl.1
United States

1) I've acquired an OSMO model OM160 handle, and a new x5r (via Inspire RAW bundle).
Is that model a "regular OSMO", and when updating firmware with x5r attached, should I be using OSMO, OSMO Plus, or OSMO Pro/RAW firmware file?

2) In App, firmare is "Version Unknown". We've been unable to find a file that will initiate a firmware update when powering on. I can try the trigger/power button method when I confirm which file to use (above question).

3) And what does the below instruction mean, given the OSMO ties up the wifi when connecting?
"Also, Be sure to connect your mobile device to the Internet before connecting to the Osmo RAW so that the correct firmware version is displayed in DJI GO".

Thanks!
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

For your first question, when you are using X5R, you should update your firmware of OSMO PRO.
Please ensure that you format your SD card before updating your osmo. In addition, you should download the correct firmware. If the app show "version unknown", please try to flash the firmware.
Please open your mobile data when you connect osmo.
Any question, please inform us.
2017-9-26
Use props
FilmicFlyer
lvl.1
United States

Thank you. Solved for whatever reason on the second or third try with the Pro/RAW version firmware. It might also be a good idea to make it more clear in the documentation which firmware one should use when operating an original OSMO handle with "upgraded" camera.  Thanks!

PS: As for the "open your mobile data when you connect osmo" instruction... that wording doesn't make much sense. It implies we can use both wifi (already tied up by OSMO) and mobile data simultaneously.
2017-9-27
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

FilmicFlyer Posted at 2017-9-27 08:09
Thank you. Solved for whatever reason on the second or third try with the Pro/RAW version firmware. It might also be a good idea to make it more clear in the documentation which firmware one should use when operating an original OSMO handle with "upgraded" camera.  Thanks!

PS: As for the "open your mobile data when you connect osmo" instruction... that wording doesn't make much sense. It implies we can use both wifi (already tied up by OSMO) and mobile data simultaneously.

Blue text indicates that u connect to the internet first to download correct FW first before connecting to the osmo
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules